Heat stress? Or bad stress from early?

• Thread starter Blakeja
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Heynow

Heynow

The weird curling looks like early russet damage. They suck on the leaves and their saliva is toxic.

Blakeja

Blakeja

No worries. The coco may be a bit more compact now so not as breathable and that may be why you see signs of over watering. But over watering is not to much water its lack of o2. Compared to the last grow when you used the same coco does it seem a lot more compact or the same?

What are the room temps? Are they on a cool floor?

If under led shoot for room temps around 80f and drop humidity to 55% this will help it pull more water and nutrients from the media.

The swollen leaves say either a root issue or environmental issue both of which affect transpiration.

Coco does seem a bit more compact since this is the second run same material. But still fluffy I think? 🥴

room temps are 26c 19c at night and their raised off the floor on a table.

lights are two 315w cmh.

I don’t think the leaves are much swollen? The last run same genetics were quite ridgy and thick, see below photo back right corner was same genetics.

4860DDC4 B6CD 4AF2 95AA C873220E8600
Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
My next question would be how powerful of a light do you run?

Also, do you have to add water after the nutes to come down to 675, or is that where your dosing naturally lands?

What ph do you target when feeding?

Blakeja

Blakeja

My next question would be how powerful of a light do you run?

Also, do you have to add water after the nutes to come down to 675, or is that where your dosing naturally lands?

What ph do you target when feeding?

2 315 cmh lights, don’t have to ad water after nutes. Only when I get up couple hundred above target.

B

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
2 315 cmh lights, don’t have to ad water after nutes. Only when I get up couple hundred above target.

B
Yeah, so what im thinking is the extra cal mag you add is taking up a lot of ppm "space" maybe throwing off your ratios? 🤷‍♂️ When not used by the plant it builds up salt in the root zone very fast.

Adding cal mag first when mixing right?

What's your ph?

Blakeja

Blakeja

Yeah, so what im thinking is the extra cal mag you add is taking up a lot of ppm "space" maybe throwing off your ratios? 🤷‍♂️ When not used by the plant it builds up salt in the root zone very fast.

Adding cal mag first when mixing right?

What's your ph?

Worth trying out for sure. I will reduce and see if I have any cal/mag def show up atall.

cal/mag after base macro. Cal/mag first ?

B

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Worth trying out for sure. I will reduce and see if I have any cal/mag def show up atall.

cal/mag after base macro. Cal/mag first ?

B
Yes, first. Always. At least with my GH line. Maybe more experienced folks will chime in too 🤷‍♂️ something to do with the interaction of the salts etc that can crystallize and come out of solution.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
So you're not measuring ph? 🤔

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
only had to ask three times? Sorry.

5.8 always
Ok so for calcium specifically that's too low. Are you allowing drift in the runoff? If not I would do a slight shift to 6.0. Sounds like I'm nitpicking and all that but calcium is even more picky than I am... and any not getting used by the plant is messing with the root zone when adding extra calmag

Blakeja

Blakeja

Ok so for calcium specifically that's too low. Are you allowing drift in the runoff? If not I would do a slight shift to 6.0. Sounds like I'm nitpicking and all that but calcium is even more picky than I am... and any not getting used by the plant is messing with the root zone when adding extra calmag

fed cal mag first at 6.0 just now. 🤞🏻not sure what you mean by drift? I don’t check runoff PH as it has been explained to me coco Is acidic and comes out hirer regardless.

this used to be an isolated issue to the one plant but my other is starting to show stress as well.
Curled tips only..

C7EA7773 6C35 43BB A20E A6372338955C
D6F7F188 36FE 4DFB 8D50 81843FF5ABE2

Next photo is an update from yesterday previous plant actually looks better a day over.
0DD3C5D9 84E6 45F7 A3EF AC23DF00E9BB

Blakeja

Blakeja

So I added cal/mag first, ph’d at 6.0 for two days also dropped feed ppm of cal/mag to normal. Have seen them bounce back quite a bit. Would you remain at 6.0 or go back to the norm of 5.8? And why?

Worth noting I turned down my humidifier as I believe the plants were getting more moisture than my meter was reading. @Aqua Man mentioned potential for to high humidity and over feeding, resulting in lack of O2 so I Also skipped a fertigation event every 24hr.

Not sure what solved the issue? But thank you both, and all for that matter.

Blakeja

Blakeja

would you remain at 6.0 or go back to 5.8?

Latest posts

Top Bottom