Heat stress or Broad Mites

• Thread starter KingBvM
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KingBvM

KingBvM

This is my first grow and I’m going through a learning curve. I don’t know if I have heat stress or broad mites. I most def have ph issues that I’ve been fixing that I wasn’t using enough sensi grow. I didn’t have money but had sensi Bloom, so I had been using that until my next feeding. Which I’ve been doing every three days. I’m not sure if that’s to much input would be nice.

coco coir
Sensi grow & sensi bloom & B52 (every three days)
Mammoth P once a week
My temp fluctuates between (72 and 84) it’s is in the garage (the strain handles it well)
Humidity 50-65

Heat stress or broad mites
Heat stress or broad mites 2
Heat stress or broad mites 3
Heat stress or broad mites 4
Heat stress or broad mites 5
Heat stress or broad mites 6
Heat stress or broad mites 7
Heat stress or broad mites 8
Heat stress or broad mites 9
Heat stress or broad mites 10
Heat stress or broad mites 11

i found this in my tent
Heat stress or broad mites 12

im not sure if it’s larva or a caterpillar

i found brown spots on the leaves and that’s why I think it’s broad mite. I’m going to treat with green clean foliar spray and sns root drench twice a a week. If it’s not broad mites will it effect my garden? If I ph the water with the and and spray before the lights go out will it act as a preventative?

KingBvM

KingBvM

Don't spray it with anything. Stop the mammoth p. You plants are over fed. I think you are seeing lockout issues because of this. I'm also thinking phosphorus toxicity

ok cool. So how often should I feed now since I’ve over fed? I believe your answer is most sensible.
I didn’t have money so I was using Sensi Bloom and the phosphorus levels are higher. The guy at the hydroponic shop said phosphorus runs off and it will be ok to use for a few weeks. I’ll be using sensi grow from now on and cool it on the mammoth p. Again advice from the guy at the hydroponic shop. He said the bacteria lives for a week and should be replenished every week. The website for mammoth said the same thing. I agree with you on that one to.

Should I just be using ph’d RO water when the dirt goes dry?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

This is my first grow and I’m going through a learning curve. I don’t know if I have heat stress or broad mites. I most def have ph issues that I’ve been fixing that I wasn’t using enough sensi grow. I didn’t have money but had sensi Bloom, so I had been using that until my next feeding. Which I’ve been doing every three days. I’m not sure if that’s to much input would be nice.

coco coir
Sensi grow & sensi bloom & B52 (every three days)
Mammoth P once a week
My temp fluctuates between (72 and 84) it’s is in the garage (the strain handles it well)
Humidity 50-65

View attachment 911037View attachment 911038View attachment 911039View attachment 911040View attachment 911041View attachment 911042View attachment 911043View attachment 911044View attachment 911045View attachment 911046View attachment 911047
i found this in my tent View attachment 911048
im not sure if it’s larva or a caterpillar

i found brown spots on the leaves and that’s why I think it’s broad mite. I’m going to treat with green clean foliar spray and sns root drench twice a a week. If it’s not broad mites will it effect my garden? If I ph the water with the and and spray before the lights go out will it act as a preventative?
Squish the caterpillar and tell us about your pH

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

ok cool. So how often should I feed now since I’ve over fed? I believe your answer is most sensible.
I didn’t have money so I was using Sensi Bloom and the phosphorus levels are higher. The guy at the hydroponic shop said phosphorus runs off and it will be ok to use for a few weeks. I’ll be using sensi grow from now on and cool it on the mammoth p. Again advice from the guy at the hydroponic shop. He said the bacteria lives for a week and should be replenished every week. The website for mammoth said the same thing. I agree with you on that one to.

Should I just be using ph’d RO water when the dirt goes dry?
Yeah he is wrong bacteria constantly repopulate and feed on varying food sources carbs are something most like. There is no real need to feed the bacteria if you are getting 6 hrs of darkness the plants will make starches and other goodies to feed the microbes. It all marketing bs. Yes giving them more will increase the population but as soon as they consume it all the population shrinks again. It all relative to flood source and plants will as I say make enough for them. If given a dark period.

Phosphorus is fed way to much to cannabis and toxicity happens more than most think.

Once plants are over fed you can't pull those nutrients back out of the plant so always better to under feed than over feed.

What media are you in? It's likely a few feeds with just RO will be beneficial and then followed by light feeding until you see the plant using up some of those nutes.

Honestly a flush would probably be beneficial at this point.

I avoid hydro stores as much as I do pet stores for the same reason. I have a hard time keeping my mouth shut when they are feeding people bullshit just to sell something.

I'm not a soil grower but there are some good ones in here that can fill ya in on flushing. After flush keep the feed light and you would serve yourself well in my opinion to skip bloom nutes and bloom boosters all together and just use grow nutes and reduce feed towards the end.

Last edited:
KingBvM

KingBvM

Yeah he is wrong bacteria constantly repopulate and feed on varying food sources carbs are something most like. There is no real need to feed the bacteria if you are getting 6 hrs of darkness the plants will make starches and other goodies to feed the microbes. It all marketing bs. Yes giving them more will increase the population but as soon as they consume it all the population shrinks again. It all relative to flood source and plants will as I say make enough for them. If given a dark period.

Phosphorus is fed way to much to cannabis and toxicity happens more than most think.

Once plants are over fed you can't pull those nutrients back out of the plant so always better to under feed than over feed.

What media are you in? It's likely a few feeds with just RO will be beneficial and then followed by light feeding until you see the plant using up some of those nutes.

Honestly a flush would probably be beneficial at this point.

I avoid hydro stores as much as I do pet stores for the same reason. I have a hard time keeping my mouth shut when they are feeding people bullshit just to sell something.

I'm not a soil grower but there are some good ones in here that can fill ya in on flushing. After flush keep the feed light and you would serve yourself well in my opinion to skip bloom nutes and bloom boosters all together and just use grow nutes and reduce feed towards the end.

What you are saying makes a lot of sense that’s why I joined a forum. One guy at the hydro shop will say one thing then another something else. I’m in coco coir so it’s very forgiving. I will flush with ph’d water and go back to light feedings with Sensi grow not Sensi bloom. I knew those guys were wrong about feeding with Sensi bloom 😡. I’ll update wuu I th more pics once it’s fixed.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

What you are saying makes a lot of sense that’s why I joined a forum. One guy at the hydro shop will say one thing then another something else. I’m in coco coir so it’s very forgiving. I will flush with ph’d water and go back to light feedings with Sensi grow not Sensi bloom. I knew those guys were wrong about feeding with Sensi bloom 😡. I’ll update wuu I th more pics once it’s fixed.
I would suggest feeding equal parts of each for the entire grow but I have not used these nutrients.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Sensi grow and bloom. This is the ph balanced stuff right?

KingBvM

KingBvM

Sensi grow and bloom. This is the ph balanced stuff right?

Yes, but i still verify to make sure. The mistake was two things. Feeding sensi bloom during veg and feeding every time I water. I will just use RO water for a week or so until I see a change.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

what so you mean by equal parts. Like sensi grow for veg and sensi bloom for flower?
I believe they call for say 1ml of each for vegetative growth. Not necessarily 1ml but equal parts of grow and bloom mixed to feed. I could be wrong but I'm almost positive that's what should be used. Don't try to ph adjust these nutrients. Never used these and personally never will use a ph balancing nutrient. But thats not to say they won't or don't work.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yes, but i still verify to make sure. The mistake was two things. Feeding sensi bloom during veg and feeding every time I water. I will just use RO water for a week or so until I see a change.
In coco I would water with just RO. In soil yes but not coco. Flush and light feed. Like 400ppm maybe.

KingBvM

KingBvM

I flushed and Im using light watering I was able to get the growth back but still signs of russel mites I think. I’m ready to start bloom but I’d rather repair first.

how long do russel mites take to go away?

I have green clean for a foliar spray and sns to water the roots with, is that good?

I’m also having temp problems when the lights are off, so temps on that would be great.Right now I using heat lamps for reptiles but it’s not enough.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

They look fine old damage won't get better. I didn't see or hear any fans in the video do you have some form airflow? Concentrate on keeping ph and feeding good and keep an eye out for anymore caterpillars.

Latest posts

Top Bottom