heat stress?

• Thread starter orbad
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
orbad

orbad

Skywalker kush in promix, AN iguana base nutes. 600w hps, vented. Room temps 80-83°. Humidity 60-65%.

Heat stress

orbad

orbad

I've fed them with the light feeding chart so far and watered twice in between with plain water. Its mostly on the tops of the plants. Two weeks into flower.

carBon.14

carBon.14

looks like heat stress coupled maybe with n def, but it's hard to say due to the coloring of the pic

homebrew420

homebrew420

Looks like a pH issue and a tad mag def, to me. Every time the pH spikes on us, in RDWC, in a day we get the "claw". and As for the def, may just be the lighting in the pict. Jst my 2cents
Those temp unless coupled with very high humidity or overly dry conditions, don't seem high enough to cause concern. Did it spike much higher than 85?
Peace

orbad

orbad

Its never been higher than 85 to my knowledge. The light was about 18" from the tops and I've moved it up a bit from there.

I'm afraid it could be an overwatering issue as well. This soil will hold nearly a gallon of water in the 3 gal grow bags with little runnoff if they are bone dry. I've been giving them less water more frequently. Eg.: half a gallon at a time.

I'm also going to go back to using GO calmag + RO, Ph'd for my non feed days. I was trying to see if they cared as to whether or not I needed ph'd calmag water for my just water days.

orbad

orbad

Is the claw something that will go away when the issue is resolved or will the damaged leaves stay this way the entirety of the grow? Meaning how do I know if I fix it?

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I got leaves that look just like that, my temp and RH is very similar to yours. I don't think its your nutes or PH considering you only use nutes once every 3rd watering and you PH most of the time. I think its the temps, try to lower it to the mid-high 70's and PH every watering just to be safe.

They shouldn't stay like that if you fix it, but if they do then look at your new growth because thats a good indicater of whats happening at that point in time.

orbad

orbad

My Mars kush doesn't have the same symptoms and its receiving the same treatment. I'll throw a couple more pics up when I get a chance.

Bad thing is dropping temps will require buying an AC unit. So I want to isolate the cause before I buy.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Like others have said it could be the nutes or PH, good luck.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Maybe its just a sativa dom plant with really thin leaves.......

orbad

orbad

Ill give them a fresh drink of nutes tonight. Hopefully they cheer up. I think I'm going to pick up a tds/ Ph pen. My Hanna checker kinda blows ass.

Top Bottom