Heat

• Thread starter DreamsOfDiesel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

Also noticed the bends in your exhaust duct are too sharp and too straight down. Gentle turns restrict air flow much less.

I used the 3x per minute air turnover rule and the 4x i take hole size (can be 4 different holes) to one exhaust.

Ie: 1 6” exhaust need 4 6” intakes or equivalent size. Can use u shaped bent duct through the low tent holes with black filter foam strapped over each end or black ladies leggings stockings work too for lightproofing.

Upside down “U” through the holes with each end pointing at the floor for the coolest air and good updraft in the tent.

Also point clip fans inside tent up a bit toward the light and try to cause a vortex upward helps with heat removal and upflow.

And i used the house central ac set a few points lower i think like 72 degrees. And yes it will waste some air exhausting outside.
If I dont leave window fan on exhaust when both tents are on the room is a sauna so already wasting air anyway. Have ac set to 75 & is freezing in most of apt, closed main living room vent last night to redirect more to bedrooms. I have vents/holes open on tent that are facing 2 walls (no light leaks) & small inline on another for intake

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

I'll straighten out duct run more too, I'll just go through tent & come out where cords are, knew I should done that but hadn't yet, been slacker lately & I'm not sure I'm keeping this arranged this way just hadn't figured out what my final design is yet. Didnt think it would make huge difference but adding to issue is final straw I guess

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

Also noticed the bends in your exhaust duct are too sharp and too straight down. Gentle turns restrict air flow much less.

I used the 3x per minute air turnover rule and the 4x i take hole size (can be 4 different holes) to one exhaust.

Ie: 1 6” exhaust need 4 6” intakes or equivalent size. Can use u shaped bent duct through the low tent holes with black filter foam strapped over each end or black ladies leggings stockings work too for lightproofing.

Upside down “U” through the holes with each end pointing at the floor for the coolest air and good updraft in the tent.

Also point clip fans inside tent up a bit toward the light and try to cause a vortex upward helps with heat removal and upflow.

And i used the house central ac set a few points lower i think like 72 degrees. And yes it will waste some air exhausting outside.
The u shaped ducts might give me better airflow than just openings though. Clip fans already pointing semi upwards, tried many spots for them & have settled on slightly below canopy pointing little upwards

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I'll straighten out duct run more too, I'll just go through tent & come out where cords are, knew I should done that but hadn't yet, been slacker lately & I'm not sure I'm keeping this arranged this way just hadn't figured out what my final design is yet. Didnt think it would make huge difference but adding to issue is final straw I guess

Each little adjustment can lower temp a degree. Got to experiment. Every room is different.

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

No time before work so gonna get room rearranged tonight (be easier when lights on anyway) so I can get rid of sharp duct bends & exhaust directly out window. Hopefully that with closing the vent in living room will help. Gotta get the environment under control, plants are severely suffering, at least humidity is finally under control with some damp rid & better exhaust

KLight03

KLight03

I'm considering duct from vent to tent but that'll also affect veg tent by taking the air from room in general. I'm weighing possibilities on if veg can handle no a/c. If I reroute vent to flower whole room will stay in 90s instead of 80s which is already bad. Ac set to 75 & is fine if I can leave doors open but I cant (has to be locked when I'm not home, being very careful since somebody here is on probation, must be clearly in my control)
Edited this comment. I didn't realize you were in an apartment at first. Maybe something like this will help? I've been interested to try it myself.

Last edited:
FourthCity

FourthCity

If I dont leave window fan on exhaust when both tents are on the room is a sauna so already wasting air anyway. Have ac set to 75 & is freezing in most of apt, closed main living room vent last night to redirect more to bedrooms. I have vents/holes open on tent that are facing 2 walls (no light leaks) & small inline on another for intakeView attachment 983535
Instead of bringing cold air into the tent from the vent in the room that is already too hot, is there any way you can extend the intake duct into one of the rooms that is "freezing"? This might help balance out the temperatures in the apt a little more. Having the exhaust fan on in the grow room will defeat the purpose of the a/c, you would be better off with the window shut and the apt sealed when a/c is in use (or when outside temps are higher than the target indoor temp) unless you are venting directly from the tent to outside like mimedgrower mentioned. Also, if there is an a/c return vent in that room is it unobstructed? Running a separate duct from the top of the tent directly to the return vent would also help the a/c deal with the heat in that room.

This should free up the electricity and outlet you were using for the exhaust fan as well as save you some money by hopefully making your a/c more efficient.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Check out the reply from @One drop on my thread this morning. He gave me the answer for that very thing, if it's appropriate for your circumstance. Give me a minute and I will figure out how to link it. My wires are crossed in my brain at the moment because the lights in my tent are all hung up weird and I just fought with it for 30 minutes. I hate sweating for no reason.
Passive air intake is what’s needed here . Regards Od .

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

Instead of bringing cold air into the tent from the vent in the room that is already too hot, is there any way you can extend the intake duct into one of the rooms that is "freezing"? This might help balance out the temperatures in the apt a little more. Having the exhaust fan on in the grow room will defeat the purpose of the a/c, you would be better off with the window shut and the apt sealed when a/c is in use (or when outside temps are higher than the target indoor temp) unless you are venting directly from the tent to outside like mimedgrower mentioned. Also, if there is an a/c return vent in that room is it unobstructed? Running a separate duct from the top of the tent directly to the return vent would also help the a/c deal with the heat in that room.

This should free up the electricity and outlet you were using for the exhaust fan as well as save you some money by hopefully making your a/c more efficient.
Tryin to think of way to do this, door to room has to be closed & locked, no return just 1 vent in room, cant damage door or wall with hole, I'll keep thinking, maybe come up with something

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

Both of these rooms are too hot. I cant add an a/c unit, I cant even vacuum when both tents are on so power is maxed in this apt. Even with fans (2 inlines & some desk fans) it gets up to 95 in flower tent. Only thing I can think of is to run duct from a/c vent in room directly to tent, I've closed other vents to try to redirect airflow but it's not enough. Im getting ready to flip out lol. Open to any ideas that dont take electric.
diox

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

I have 1 vent in the room, itll kill air to rest of room (which includes veg tent) but I think veg can handle it lot better than flower. Frying stuff while its alive is not cool lol
ur diy smart

take a breath

ur over thinking it

too much going on my love

yeast bags

i know u would know how to make

i have an autopilot sensor

i can send today, or tomorrow

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

I have 1 vent in the room, itll kill air to rest of room (which includes veg tent) but I think veg can handle it lot better than flower. Frying stuff while its alive is not cool lol
u can also join the ducts of the two if one inline has the balls

and be running all that heat generating bullshit

outside the tent

let ducting do the work

the boys will know how much u lose with each bend

umm... i forget

I'm lost

sorry

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

pisses me off to know ur buds would b at least twice the size if u ran gas. look how bad i fucked up this tank and she's still gonna b a half p tank. and since ur diy handy... this would just b doing the dishes once a week for u to run 1600 of diox with something like yeast in a bucket vs my $20 a wk in gas.

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

If I dont leave window fan on exhaust when both tents are on the room is a sauna so already wasting air anyway. Have ac set to 75 & is freezing in most of apt, closed main living room vent last night to redirect more to bedrooms. I have vents/holes open on tent that are facing 2 walls (no light leaks) & small inline on another for intakeView attachment 983535
3rd floor the top floor? diesel knows drywall. can u cut a woman's 6" hole in ur ceiling and let the inline and heat do what is in its nature to do
buy yourself 600 amps, dump the window exhaust for the a/c unit and vent it to a crawl space?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

pisses me off to know ur buds would b at least twice the size if u ran gas. look how bad i fucked up this tank and she's still gonna b a half p tank. and since ur diy handy... this would just b doing the dishes once a week for u to run 1600 of diox with something like yeast in a bucket vs my $20 a wk in gas.

Unless the lights are very intense. Equal or greater than 1000w hps there is no need for added co2.

And in no case would the buds grow twice there size just from added co2.

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

start small
look around

can a power bar be deleted

a timer

united

can a tv b extension corded, elsewhere

lights... u need em

vacuum from another plug

shit i run power through another circuit

in another room

this same ceiling concept

may also have an hvac access to crawl space