Heavy 16 Product review

• Thread starter nightmarecreature
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
vangs

vangs

I've been running heavy 16 for the past three rounds. I'm in coco as well and use our RO water also. I have also been using the Fire bloom booster additive. Instead of prime I have been using carbo load. Results have been great, but yields just about the same as what I ran before (GH Micro and Bloom, no Grow with Big Bud/ Overdrive, Carboload, hygrozyme, protekt).

I'm not really a fan of the pH stability myself from heavy 16. The first two days I have to add too much PH up. The third day I have to add quite a bit of down. When I'm out of my Heavy 16 base I'm going to give Sensi Bloom a shot. Going back to Big Bud also. Heavy 16 Fire is ok, just not worth the big money they charge for it. I got every bit as good results with big bud and possibly better.
when you say you got same results if not better with big bud instead of fire, are you talking about quality or yield? also was that with overdrive being used, only asking cuz i use the heavy 16 full linup but heard ppl swap out fire and add big bud and over drive and get better yields but no one talks about the quality between the 2. can you share ur thouhgts?

vangs

vangs

As I stated earlier in this thread I used Heavy 16 for a few rounds. Actually, went through 2 gallon bottles each of the Bloom A and B. Ran Fire along with it as well until I decided I got better results coupling it with Big bud and later Overdrive. I was satisfied, but not overjoyed with it. Got good results for sure.

However, I recently gave AN's newish Sensi bloom A and B coco formula (im in coco) a run and results were noticeably better. My OG and Sour D look very similar (slightly better looking) to how they did with Heavy 16. The Girl Scout Cookies came out way better looking though. I mean WAY better. I scrapped the GSC thinking it was a fake and now wish I had not. It looks real deal after running it with Sensi. I still don't think what I ran was real deal GSC but it passes as some serious dank grown with Sensi. Couldn't say that running it with Heavy 16.

The Sensi is much cleaner and much more PH stable in the res. I ran it at 3/4 the recommended dose and couldn't be happier. Hey, I'm no AN superfan, but this stuff produced some jewelry quality nugs, and big ones at that.
so what are you using now? did you switch back to the AN full line up after trying the coco based sensei?

OGONLY

OGONLY

I wouldn't say I've gone to the full AN line up. But I suppose it is mostly AN.

I run AN Sensi bloom (coco version) A and B along with AN Big bud (coco version), AN Carboload, and AN Overdrive (regular version) the last 2 weeks before flush. Also run Hygrozyme nearly every watering. Occasionally I'll dose them with an ml/gal of Sea Green. Also run Botanicare Cal Mag Plus through week 5 or 6 (I use 75% R/O water to 25% tap, tap is 250 ppm) and Protect silicate.

As far as my observations between Heavy 16 and AN, I've found that overall bud leaf seems to be less with AN compared to Heavy. The finished nugs are prettier with AN since there is less leaf. Also I find that there seems to be larger trichs, and more of them with AN. Yield seems to be about the same with both.

As far as Fire compared to Big Bud, I found that Big bud was much better as far as early bud growth and overall nug size at the end. I felt like Fire was a big waste of money. Saw a drop in yield with it compared to Big Bud when run with Heavy 16.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

I run AN Sensi bloom (coco version) A and B along with AN Big bud (coco version), AN Carboload, and AN Overdrive (regular version) the last 2 weeks before flush. Also run Hygrozyme nearly every watering. Occasionally I'll dose them with an ml/gal of Sea Green. Also run Botanicare Cal Mag Plus through week 5 or 6 (I use 75% R/O water to 25% tap, tap is 250 ppm) and Protect silicate.

As far as my observations between Heavy 16 and AN, I've found that overall bud leaf seems to be less with AN compared to Heavy. The finished nugs are prettier with AN since there is less leaf. Also I find that there seems to be larger trichs, and more of them with AN. Yield seems to be about the same with both.

As far as Fire compared to Big Bud, I found that Big bud was much better as far as early bud growth and overall nug size at the end. I felt like Fire was a big waste of money. Saw a drop in yield with it compared to Big Bud when run with Heavy 16.
I saw the same thing with the NEW formulation of Fire. The first formula was BOMB. I asked Bryce several times to go back to the old formula.

For a while I was doing a H16 base, powdered big bud and fire, then fire/moab. Was pretty happy with the results on that......until I started using V+B.

vangs

vangs

goodlooks on the reply...

vangs

vangs

I saw the same thing with the NEW formulation of Fire. The first formula was BOMB. I asked Bryce several times to go back to the old formula.

For a while I was doing a H16 base, powdered big bud and fire, then fire/moab. Was pretty happy with the results on that......until I started using V+B.
when you used big bud and fire together did you do smaller doses than what is reccommended?

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

what week would you drop the bb and add in the moab? do you get better quality or better yield using that instead of just the h16 full lineup?
Really depends on strain. On an 8 weeker I would stop big bud at the end of week 4 and use Fire/MOAB week 5 and 6.....then low nutes week 7 and flush week 8. I found bigger yields using this instead of just fire.

Not too steer you to far of course.....cause maybe you already bought nutrients.....but look into Veg+Bloom. I get better quality and spend a whole hell of a lot less.

vangs

vangs

Really depends on strain. On an 8 weeker I would stop big bud at the end of week 4 and use Fire/MOAB week 5 and 6.....then low nutes week 7 and flush week 8. I found bigger yields using this instead of just fire.

Not too steer you to far of course.....cause maybe you already bought nutrients.....but look into Veg+Bloom. I get better quality and spend a whole hell of a lot less.
what you mean look into veg a nd b

vangs

vangs

have you ever tried big bud and then fire with overdrive? instead of fire/moab?

N

nightmarecreature

I'm about to drop Heavy 16. Not because it's bad but because I found better products. The Base and Prime are pretty good. I'm cutting out the Prime because I found better stuff, nothing in their lineup impresses me anymore. The only thing I use is the Heavy 16 Finish, for Sulfur, and once I'm out of the Base, I'll run something else. I too noticed way more leaf with the Heavy 16. I mean it works well but there is cheaper stuff that does the same thing. I should have done more Heavy 16 runs before I gave it a review. The additives are what makes a nute line, the bases give me very similar results.

Kygiacomo

Kygiacomo

I can grab those in raw salts rih NMC?? Good Knowledge brother, Maybe ill give the finish a try once over..
Respect
u still running fire and prime with veg+bloom dirty? im also using veg+bloom dirty and only been using vitazyme and b-52 ever 2 weeks. in veg outdoors so far i have the biggest delahaze plants in veg then all the previous years before. im trying to decide if i want to use fire with V+B or if i should just use +size, im also thinking about the combo of v+b with big bud, and overdrive or if i want V+B with golden tree lol i still got about 2 weeks left for my ladies go into flower so its the ole decision,decision decision type of thing i go thur each year

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
I'm happy with the results I'm getting with Heavy16 after using it a few runs. I'm running a light schedule of it and having to suppliment with calmagic on some plants.
But, For me it's just easy to use.
I use GreatWhite all the way through weekly, some aspirin and a little protekt in early veg and that's it.

I never pH anything, and pretty much find it to be hassle free growing.

I'm sure there is better. But I'd recommend this line to a new grower any day. My plants are always praying.

Peace

Kygiacomo

Kygiacomo

i may try it for next year shroom with veg+bloom. this year i used V+B,big bud,bud factor x,and overdrive and got some great results. i have never checked PH even when i was a new grower using mircale grow. im a guerilla grower in the ground so i lime the holes and thats it. i also used V+B & golden tree and had some great looking plants and that was very easy all thur the grow. i couldnt tell no difference between GT and AN so im going with GT and V+B next year.

clutch419

clutch419

Heavy 16 says there nutes are made for ro, which they say you don't need calmag.
But when we run it without calmag, we get some deficiency. Are you running it with botanicare calmag plus thru veg & bloom? We are in coco Drian to waste feeding.
Most of time you have enough mag in there already but you probably need more calcium by its self. I found if I see a calmag problem I just add straight calcium from nectar of the gods and my problems go away.
Calcium is a huge difference I found if I add it to the veg&bloom I run now my plants grow a lot better and are happy with more calcium

Kygiacomo

Kygiacomo

Most of time you have enough mag in there already but you probably need more calcium by its self. I found if I see a calmag problem I just add straight calcium from nectar of the gods and my problems go away.
Calcium is a huge difference I found if I add it to the veg&bloom I run now my plants grow a lot better and are happy with more calcium
ya i agree bro Calcium is one the key things in helping to prevent bud rot as well. i always add some oyster shell flour,azomite and basalt rock dusts to any new holes that i dig and each year i use the same plots and holes i only add 1 cup to each hole to keep it mineralized. i use to be under the assumption that i could not use organic things with syntheics but i have found that to be not true. they work very well together in my experince. i even feed with some bat guano and insect frass about 5-6 days apart from the last V+B application.

Latest posts

Top Bottom