Heavy 16 User Superthread

• Thread starter Ever after
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
@Bootsy Looking straight Fire, what is the Strain ?

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

I found a place that sells 4L of Fire for $245.00 out the Door!!!!!:woot::woot::woot:, PM IF YOUR IN MI and you can drive to the West MI Area , I will send you the info, I'm not posting it up for other hydro store owners to see b/c they will call and bitch to Bryce.
Is that the new formulation? If so do you think he would ship?

I ran into one of H16's employees yesterday and spoke with him about a few things. Told him I didn't care too much for the new formulation and how certain plants have foxtailed on it. Also spoke with him a little about Prime and he said that not only does it have a concentrated molasses in it, but also a lab created microbial feed. @oscar169 have you used Prime in your tea's? I'm making my last small batch today and I'm trying it out at 5ml per gallon. Should have my 2" slip to slip bulkheads in by Thursday so I can set up the new tank and start cranking out bigger batches.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
@CelticEBE Give them a call, PM for the info if you haven't already,I never used the prime in ACT, I just used it every-time I feed with the Heavy, The fire is all the new stuff, the shit is flying off the shelves down there. Did you get the big Ap-100 for your tank ?

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

@CelticEBE Give them a call, PM for the info if you haven't already,I never used the prime in ACT, I just used it every-time I feed with the Heavy, The fire is all the new stuff, the shit is flying off the shelves down there. Did you get the big Ap-100 for your tank ?
I did. You were right....that thing is super quiet. Did you put a check valve on yours?

If it's the new fire I'm not gonna contact them. Screwed up on the above post and should have said old instead of new. .

I just used up the last of my Fire today and I am gonna get some of the old formula soon. I'm testing a few different things right now and I may go back to the new formulation at some point.....but right now I am cutting it from my schedule.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
I did. You were right....that thing is super quiet. Did you put a check valve on yours?

If it's the new fire I'm not gonna contact them. Screwed up on the above post and should have said old instead of new. .

I just used up the last of my Fire today and I am gonna get some of the old formula soon. I'm testing a few different things right now and I may go back to the new formulation at some point.....but right now I am cutting it from my schedule.
I didn't get a check valve yet, I just keep it higher then the tank. are you using one?, post up the info for it under the brewer thread..

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

I am because I plan on keeping the pump on the ground. Will do my brother....thanks again for all the help.

Danked

Danked

Hey guys... I'm in coco, week 7 in flower... I've been using H&G coco nutes the whole run, and the plants have flowered pretty damn well. My question is... I have a bottle of Heavy 16 Prime and Heavy 16 Finish, which I've kinda 'blended' in with my H&G regimen the past 2 weeks...would it be cool to do a final flush using just ~2ml/gal Prime and 10ml/gal Finish for about the last 10-14 days? Any advice would rock... thanks guys. - danked

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

Hey guys... I'm in coco, week 7 in flower... I've been using H&G coco nutes the whole run, and the plants have flowered pretty damn well. My question is... I have a bottle of Heavy 16 Prime and Heavy 16 Finish, which I've kinda 'blended' in with my H&G regimen the past 2 weeks...would it be cool to do a final flush using just ~2ml/gal Prime and 10ml/gal Finish for about the last 10-14 days? Any advice would rock... thanks guys. - danked

That's what im using to flush right now. Brice says you can use it up till chop..Used JUST prime and finish for 8days last wo days ill give plain unphd tap. GL!

Danked

Danked

That's what im using to flush right now. Brice says you can use it up till chop..Used JUST prime and finish for 8days last wo days ill give plain unphd tap. GL!

Sweet... appreciate the feedback Gam. Are you in straight coco? And what about RO water? PH it or no... ? Cuz when I add 2ml/gal Prime and 10ml/gal finish, PH drops to like 4.7-4.9...

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

Sweet... appreciate the feedback Gam. Are you in straight coco? And what about RO water? PH it or no... ? Cuz when I add 2ml/gal Prime and 10ml/gal finish, PH drops to like 4.7-4.9...

Naw. .straight tap bro .i ph everything. I use canna with a pinch of perlite.

Danked

Danked

Naw. .straight tap bro .i ph everything. I use canna with a pinch of perlite.

Right on... yeah these girls are in H&G brand coco coir too (with the fact that I just happened to use H&G nutes for the first time this run).... The coco was left from my last grow. But I thought it performed really well straight outta the bag. I have heard really good things about canna coco too. Do you rinse or pre-charge canna? or just straight from the bag? Also...I use just a pinch of perlite too...along with some growstones for added aeration, so my medium is like 80/10/10, if that, might be like 90/5/5.

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

Right on... yeah these girls are in H&G brand coco coir too (with the fact that I just happened to use H&G nutes for the first time this run).... The coco was left from my last grow. But I thought it performed really well straight outta the bag. I have heard really good things about canna coco too. Do you rinse or pre-charge canna? or just straight from the bag? Also...I use just a pinch of perlite too...along with some growstones for added aeration, so my medium is like 80/10/10, if that, might be like 90/5/5.

Cool. .i PRECHARGE canna with calmag and VERY light veg nutes . How's that H&G? Nutes too? Hear they're alright ..

Danked

Danked

Cool. .i PRECHARGE canna with calmag and VERY light veg nutes . How's that H&G? Nutes too? Hear they're alright ..

Doing pretty damn good actually... espcially for my first run. It's right in the last 10-14 days, so I'll put some pics up here soon. Get some good one's before I chop em...

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
Heavy 16 + Caps Bennies
IMG 1299
IMG 1300

Danked

Danked

Yo fellow Heavy 16 users... I got another question: I'm in the final week flush on my plants, and I glanced at the "Heavy 16 Advance Feeding Chart" that I had saved on my laptop. In there, it says: "
Flushing notes below.
Final Flushing:
To flush, drain reservoir 4-7 days from finish. Fill with fresh water. Add Final Phase at a rate of 2tsp. per Gallon.
Add Nutrient. Raise TDS to 500 ppms. Run for 1-2 days. Drain Reservoir. Repeat process (add Final Phase)
and run until fruit is ripe. One a day until last flush which runs for 2 days."

I'm in coco, using Prime and Finish for the final flush, with RO water. Then PPM/TDS is ~100 (.2 EC) after I add the 2 'additives'. Then I PH the solution to 5.8. What I'm confused about is it says "Raise the TDS to 500".... ? I'm trying to remove the "D.S."s (dissolved solids) out of the medium, am I not? Why would I want to raise the PPMs in the solution? Thanks.. -D

Top Bottom