Heavy 16 User Superthread

• Thread starter Ever after
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jbizness

I appreciate the comments thx guys. Cheap ur a smart dude i kno u didn't mean it like that there's a lot of noob ass kids that r fuckin the market with bad practices, i understand the anger toward that and again thx for apologizing.

J

jbizness

I'm gonna try fire anyway with sensi and see if it messes with the "ph perfect" of the mix. I've mixed bud xl ,cal/mg + and sea green without any problems so i dont see why FIRE would fuck it up to bad.

L

linky

Hey all, I just switched to H16, I will be using it in soil (Potters Gold). I purchased the whole line. I read a few pages back to not use cal mag. Is this correct? I use ro water.. the nutrient line has enough cal mag in it where I won't need to add it? Also is it recommended to use a tea, like heisenburg tea when using h16?

thanks all

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
Hey all, I just switched to H16, I will be using it in soil (Potters Gold). I purchased the whole line. I read a few pages back to not use cal mag. Is this correct? I use ro water.. the nutrient line has enough cal mag in it where I won't need to add it? Also is it recommended to use a tea, like heisenburg tea when using h16?

thanks all
Caps Teas are the best money can buy and you brew them as needed, also you can build a 3k brewer for less then $500.00 or even less if you have a large air pump. Check out the Vortex DIY in my sig

L

linky

I have another question. How long can I keep a container of pre mixed nutrients for veg and flower? I would like to keep a few brute containers pre mixed (44gal) with air stones. Do any of the additives lose effectiveness after sitting awhile already mixed? Or is it not recommended at all to do this. I would not keep a container for more than a week I would guess before mixing up a new batch.

thanks all

OGONLY

OGONLY

I have used a lot of Fire and it ALWAYS raises the ph.

I just bought Fire and used it the first time 2 days ago. Here are my findings regarding PH.

I made a 27 gallon reservoir the night before using my GH flora bloom and micro, Big Bud and Carboload and Hygrozyme as per ususal in this stage (week 5 of 10). I watered that night about 8 gallons. PH was 5.8.

The following day I bought Fire. Turned on pump to recirculate water along with air stones turned on. PH was 5.6 Added 3 gallons of 12 PPM RO water. PH was 5.8. Added 65 ml. Fire, PH was 6.0.

I would have expected a drop in PH too, but to my surprise it rose.

OGONLY

OGONLY

Just used the Bud A and B base nutes for the first time. Coming from GH Flora Bloom and Micro I can already see this stuff is going to cost double when all is said and done.

It calls for between 12 and 15 ml per gal of each A and B in peak flowering. That's a shit load. Those gallons are going to go fast.

I was also shocked to see that using 12 ml per gal of A and B along with Big Bud and other additives (none of which would add ppm) my ppm was 1400! It would have been about 950 with my GH base nutes and the same additives.

My plan is to water first day of new reservoir with the mix I just described. The second day I add 3 or 4 gallons of R/O water back to my 25 gallon reservoir, add 3 ml per gallon of Fire then Ph. I've seen people have had good results with the Big Bud/ Fire combo, figured I'd give it a shot.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

I have another question. How long can I keep a container of pre mixed nutrients for veg and flower? I would like to keep a few brute containers pre mixed (44gal) with air stones. Do any of the additives lose effectiveness after sitting awhile already mixed? Or is it not recommended at all to do this. I would not keep a container for more than a week I would guess before mixing up a new batch.

thanks all
With the Full Heavy lineup I would not mix up more than 3 days worth. Prime will turn your reservoir into a mess. I've actually cut the Prime from my regimen and switched to dry molasses.

Just used the Bud A and B base nutes for the first time. Coming from GH Flora Bloom and Micro I can already see this stuff is going to cost double when all is said and done.

It calls for between 12 and 15 ml per gal of each A and B in peak flowering. That's a shit load. Those gallons are going to go fast.

I was also shocked to see that using 12 ml per gal of A and B along with Big Bud and other additives (none of which would add ppm) my ppm was 1400! It would have been about 950 with my GH base nutes and the same additives.

My plan is to water first day of new reservoir with the mix I just described. The second day I add 3 or 4 gallons of R/O water back to my 25 gallon reservoir, add 3 ml per gallon of Fire then Ph. I've seen people have had good results with the Big Bud/ Fire combo, figured I'd give it a shot.

H16 is formulated to run a bit hot. It has a lot of Humic in it to help the plants chow down on the higher ppms. I have been running a Fire/Big Bud combo for a while now with good results. I just found a liter of the Old formula and I am using it up on my current run. The best results I ever had was with the original formula of Fire.

H16 costs a lot more then GH....but I have seen people run just the base with no other additives and have killer results.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
That prime is nasty shit, I like how well it works but OMG, over night in 100 gallon stock tank with a mixer pump running 24-7 to keep everything mixed up that Prime just makes a Huge Fucking mess to clean.

OGONLY

OGONLY

That prime is nasty shit, I like how well it works but OMG, over night in 100 gallon stock tank with a mixer pump running 24-7 to keep everything mixed up that Prime just makes a Huge Fucking mess to clean.

Im not running Prime as I have an almost full gallon of Carboload. Not really a fan of Carboload for the same reason you don't like Prime. It gunks up the res. I ran Bud Candy before with no such issues. It's usually fine for the first couple days but towards the end of a res it gets gunky. My res only lasts for 4 days with the last day being an add back of 5 gallons of R/O (mixed with the last 5 gallons of gunky nutes) water for flushing.

I don't keep circulating pump and air stones on 24/7, only run them 20 minutes prior to feeding and turn them off after watering. If I ran them 24/7 the gunkyness would likely be less but water temps would be too high due to heat from the pump. My findings have been that the plants don't seem to mind it when the water is a bit gunky.

cheaplastic

cheaplastic

Dont run air stones or recirculating pumps when you have prime in the res. thats what is gunking things up for you. I keep prime standing in my res for 4-7 days sometimes and little to no gunk.

Agitating the res before watering with a power drill/paint mixing attachment or recirculating pump is enough to oxygenate the water for that feed.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Dont run air stones or recirculating pumps when you have prime in the res. thats what is gunking things up for you. I keep prime standing in my res for 4-7 days sometimes and little to no gunk.

Agitating the res before watering with a power drill/paint mixing attachment or recirculating pump is enough to oxygenate the water for that feed.
This is the first time I have heard someone NOT running a pump or air stones in there res. I think I may have to try that. I have always kept a small pump running in my reservoirs.

slumdog80

slumdog80

growitbig.c has the best prices out there and free shipping on orders over 2900$ you can pay cash at BOA and pick up at your nearest UPS.

"Not Spam" lol

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
growitbig.c has the best prices out there and free shipping on orders over 2900$ you can pay cash at BOA and pick up at your nearest UPS.

"Not Spam" lol
Fuck they have the best prices I have seen thus far on Heavy 16, the best I can get 2.5 gallon A+B is $65.00 each Cash and carry

K

knnthc93

Has anyone ran h16 in vermifire? I am running recycled super soil made out of vermifire and my plants are looking hungry. I only have h16 so I am thinking about going back to synthetics. How much of a flavor difference should i expect?

Top Bottom