Heavy Sativa Diary!

• Thread starter THELORAX802
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
THELORAX802

THELORAX802

I dont quite follow that nomenclature? If you have fungus gnats thats a hell of an easy way to keep em at bay, ive never done it though!

I just noticed in the what are you smoking thread the tags are Puff,Puff, Give. Just call it show and tell! Look what i got! Want some? Haha too bad! Silly little boys!
Oh oh i see your point now! It could bring a problem that didnt already exist by attracting them! Great point my stoner brain overlooked!!! I just despise the sticky stuff on sticky traps!

xavier7995

xavier7995

It would be a good idea to read up on alternative/diminished light schedules. 11/13 works better than 12/12; I would go 12/12 for the first few weeks, 11/13 for most of it, then 10/14 for the last two or so to finish it out. I would use that on anything I expected to take more than 12 weeks to finish. You are in a bit of a tough spot not knowing exactly what you are getting. Also, be ready to feed later on in flower in case your soil gets depleted.

Sativas are great, while harder to grow and longer flowering, man they put out a better smoke.

THELORAX802

THELORAX802

I'm rocking some Panama Red x MTV right now...100% Sativas

Sweet man. Whats the mtv if i may ask? This round was heavy cannabiogen but i have a lot of interest in spanish varietals! By the end of may i hope to have 4-5 diff breeders varietals in my gardens!

0316171056a
0316171056c
0316171056b
0316171056d

THELORAX802

THELORAX802

It would be a good idea to read up on alternative/diminished light schedules. 11/13 works better than 12/12; I would go 12/12 for the first few weeks, 11/13 for most of it, then 10/14 for the last two or so to finish it out. I would use that on anything I expected to take more than 12 weeks to finish. You are in a bit of a tough spot not knowing exactly what you are getting. Also, be ready to feed later on in flower in case your soil gets depleted.

Sativas are great, while harder to grow and longer flowering, man they put out a better smoke.
Im finaly starting to appreciate sativas contributions and potent combo's as well! The unknowns was the varietal pack from ace, thats why i wont really have a clue on which varietal is which without help of a trained, exp sativa lovers eye. I fully intend to have golden tiger (5) and sugarloaf (4) later on once the first round have gone into their "spots". Ill have a good test waiting 12-14 weeks as well! I look forward to the challenge!

THELORAX802

THELORAX802

Btw.....have you guys ever heard of a product that is ph neutral but can act as good as wood mulch chips do in flower beds? That we can use in our indoor containers?please and thankyou!

xavier7995

xavier7995

Big fan of ace and cbg's gear. You might want to check out snow high as well...I seem to recall they worked with some nice sativas. All are great breeders and would happily run their gear. Smoked some of cbg's destroyer another farmer grew out and it was the best pot I have smoked since moving to colorado, hands down and bar none or whatever other colloquialisms fit.

THELORAX802

THELORAX802

I cant spell collo. But that post gave me a chesire grin!!!!!!dont be a stranger please xavier!

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
From my experience I suggest ocean forest may be a little over-nutrified for pure sativa. I'd consider either roots organics or half roots original and half sunshine 4 or other inert media, for early plants and seedlings. Plants in you photos look on the verge of being overfed. There is a range of expression possible from sativas, and nutrition and environment mean everything when growing them. Feel free to direct some questions my way if you have any trouble.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
I am SHOCKED how bright that led in the middle is! Kinda flashlight beemish but still very potent!
Im impressed! Moltis can you link me those lowes leds please!
Hey boss when you tag someone.
You need the @ sign before their name. If done right their name pops up as you type.

Led is 700 lumens 15 watts and the cfl's are 50 watts or less! The lamp outlets say 60 watts each so i should be fine im hoping! Those cfls get really darn hot though!

they hot to the touch but they don't put of tons of heat mine are damn near touching the leafs

and 700 lum is super low u need to look in to stronger ones for try to get with 2k a piece

Im gonna go to the lowes online catalog and see what i can see! When i refine my search at lowes all they carry lumens wise is 850? So if that is their top end lumen producer i may have to look elsewhere!

Hey boss the led bulbs I got are from Costco. Feit electric offers one of the brightest led bulbs out in screw in format.

I bought a 10 pack of these at Costco for around $20
20170316 131044
20170316 131101

Best deal for your money to get 10 of these top led bulbs 1600 lumens each 15w at Costco.

They offer 2700k but only in a 2 pack for $20. I think it's cause they know what we want them for. They use 2 more watts to hit their 1600 lumens in the red spectrum on these.
20170316 131149

Those are the best value , and where to get them the cheapest.

I use them for supplemental lighting.
When using my metal halide I run the two 2700k bulbs. When using my hps I run the two 5000k bulbs.

I wanted the most lumens I could get in 2 bulbs while minimizing the heat output added to the space. Without being overcharged. They work great.

THELORAX802

THELORAX802

Yeah that nedium had compost fragments in it so i may do exactly as you say and run sunshine 4 or roots. Ffof can be saved for the hybrids maybe later in life that id like to play with. Im excited to try these and a brief glimpse at snowhighs selections is kinda overwhelming for me .....weird. One is def not ok to me

0316171325a
0316171326a
0316171326b

jipp

jipp

trip, so easy to tell its a sativa even at sprout. heh.. i love the skinny razer blade sativa leafs.. they look like they belong in a prehistoric forest for dinos to much!

chris.

THELORAX802

THELORAX802

Hey boss when you tag someone.
You need the @ sign before their name. If done right their name pops up as you type.

Hey boss the led bulbs I got are from Costco. Feit electric offers one of the brightest led bulbs out in screw in format.

I bought a 10 pack of these at Costco for around $20
View attachment 679977 View attachment 679978

Best deal for your money to get 10 of these top led bulbs 1600 lumens each 15w at Costco.

They offer 2700k but only in a 2 pack for $20. I think it's cause they know what we want them for. They use 2 more watts to hit their 1600 lumens in the red spectrum on these. View attachment 679980

Those are the best value , and where to get them the cheapest.

I use them for supplemental lighting.
When using my metal halide I run the two 2700k bulbs. When using my hps I run the two 5000k bulbs.

I wanted the most lumens I could get in 2 bulbs while minimizing the heat output added to the space. Without being overcharged. They work great.
Ill run the guantlet of crazy rich montrealers with costco carts full (350) lbs of stuff for those bulbs dude! Lmao i actually had my achillies rammed at costco last yr so it can be dangerous at checkout lmao! Thankyou for your help and info man! I will need your help natural i already forsee this so thankyou!
That sour bubble pic in photo of the month here is extremely hard not to stare at! I saw dudes with costco led shop lights that looked like small t-5 set-ups! Glad i renewed that membership!

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Ill run the guantlet of crazy rich montrealers with costco carts full (350) lbs of stuff for those bulbs dude! Lmao i actually had my achillies rammed at costco last yr so it can be dangerous at checkout lmao! Thankyou for your help and info man! I will need your help natural i already forsee this so thankyou!
That sour bubble pic in photo of the month here is extremely hard not to stare at! I saw dudes with costco led shop lights that looked like small t-5 set-ups! Glad i renewed that membership!

Yup their bulb section is great.

Last time I visited my family in Az I bought enough new led lights to retrofit their whole house :cry:

THELORAX802

THELORAX802

Why do led bulbs, well the older type like this, they kinda put a straight , flashlight like type beam as opposed to cfl. Anyone ever notice this?

THELORAX802

THELORAX802

These sappy suddle hints some folks lay out in these threads with the oh im so fzcken miserable...please send me whats ever in your grasp!Ive learned in life anything worthy of having is worth wsiting for. Really happy i can find joy in the little things in life. I do smoke alot of grass i guess lmao.

jipp

jipp

hah im probably the number one whiner on here im afraid. but then im not throwing hints. hah im throwing in ones face. my bad, i apologize in advance. laughs.

chris.

Top Bottom