Height Of Indoor Side Of Mini Split

• Thread starter MI.Woody
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MI.Woody

MI.Woody

New 36k btu Ideal mini
How high on the wall should I mount the inside unit of my mini split?

My gut says between the lights and ceiling (about 36"). I have a fan on each wall and one on the floor, so I don't need the A/C to make the girls dance. Plants rest on 4x4 plywood with casters just off floor. Room basics- CO2 burner, 4) 1000 W air cooled HPS from/to another room which exhausts to outside, 10' high, 12 x 18. High temp fan set to 80 at 7' dumps into veg room, no outside air pulled into room, a Dehumidifier.

Homesteader

Homesteader

I would mount above head level at least (more likely prob as high as I could) Either way you need to keep the discharge in mind and keeping it gravity fed.

Last edited:
MI.Woody

MI.Woody

I would mount above head level at least (more likely prob as high as I could) Either way you need to keep the discharge in mind and keeping it gravity fed.
Thanks.... By discharge you mean the air blowing out the inside unit?, and gravity is the falling of cool air/rising of warm air.

Homesteader

Homesteader

No water, I collect mine into a 5 gallon bucket, but most will run it back outside.

Dick Terpene

Dick Terpene

Just leave enough room for maintenance, make life easy.

Them coils need flushing regular to maintain performance/cost to run. Keep the coils clean and the amp draw as low as possible, you'll be golden.

Top Bottom