Helllllppppp tell me she’s not dead

• Thread starter FreesmokeKO
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
My run off is usually about 1200 and I usually get 15-20 percent runoff back out of that gallon

That doesnt add up... By the volume of ingredients you listed it should be way higher especially hitting them with that every 2 days. What ppm is going in?

FreesmokeKO

FreesmokeKO

I haven’t measured what goes in yet tomorrow it should be ready to get a drink again was thinking just doing water pH

Terpeneluv

Terpeneluv

Listen to these guys, brother. They will get you moving in the right direction.

I'd be freaking, but I think you'll make it out of the woods. Keep us updated. Hoping for a killer recovery.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yeah I just saw the other older thread you posted a month ago having the same kind of problems. In that thread az2000 gave you the real dirt, but there was also a lot of guessing going on in that thread.

I'd pick up some florakleen and flush the snot out of them with about 100% or more runoff. Wet them with florakleen solution and let it soak for 5-10 min then flush it out with loads more water until you get runoff below 2ec max.

Next watering give it a light feeding around 1.2ec/600ppm or so at a ph of 6.5

You will probably need to top dress a little dolomite lime and agricultural gypsum on the surface of the pots and gently till it in afterward to recharge the soil. Do that after you flush, and dont go overboard man... Like a tsp of each, it shouldnt need much. Couldnt hurt to add some humic acid and sea weed extract also. Any time you flush the soil like that you're messing up the balance of all the things that make it work well. But being in week 2 only you have time to recover this I think. But you've gotta get on it.

Bud shiners

Bud shiners

I agree looks like too much heat and light burn your tips are curling up I would definitely cool it off I grow mine at 69 to 70 even with 600 HPS keep that temperature in your never have any problems with the spider mites or heating light problems Good luck happy growing

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Where is AZ2000? Haven’t seen him around in a while. He had a pretty sick grow journal he was doing with that cactus soil. Then nothing for weeks ?

Probably taking a break. He seemed kinda frustrated before he went dark, I noticed he was answering a lot of questions with solid advice and people were completely ignoring it or even arguing with him. That would get old fast.

L

Leexxx

I had that same thing happen to some plants a few years back! I flushed them with clearx and for got to ph the solution and the next morning the plants were crispy! Looked just like your plants but way worse!! You didn't happen to do a mid grow flush!

W

wiedman22

I've had this problem on a few of my strains. First thing I'd look at is Ph fluctuation. 2nd is adding mollasses to this strain. I've had some strains that thrive on it and others that turn the leaves spottted and crisp to the touch. Flush everything really well and give it a mild solution with your reg ferts but leave out the mollasses. Hope this helps. Good luck

FreesmokeKO

FreesmokeKO

I've had this problem on a few of my strains. First thing I'd look at is Ph fluctuation. 2nd is adding mollasses to this strain. I've had some strains that thrive on it and others that turn the leaves spottted and crisp to the touch. Flush everything really well and give it a mild solution with your reg ferts but leave out the mollasses. Hope this helps. Good luck
Definitely gunna try that

hps4891

hps4891

You should try to switch because getting 2 to 3 feet of penetration with LED is better than 1 foot to 2 feet with HPS plus LED saves on utility cost.
I'm die-hard on my trusty mh/hps lol. Im also a big advocate of defoliation & lst to still get the penetration I want. Utility cost while important isn't as much of an issue for me. I have been thinking about getting 4 *small* led's to supplement in the corners of my 4x4 (currently both veg & flower depending on when you ask). Right now I have one 600w lamp. Since led's are 1 thing I know next to nothing about (up until recently i havent personally cared to know lol), what would you (or anyone who reads this) recommend?

Last edited:
FreesmokeKO

FreesmokeKO

I love my Mars Hydro II 900w but I’ve really started to like them 100$ 1800w Cob led that pulls 300w from the wall and are full spectrum the pink/purple from my Mars hurts my eyes in the grow room if I’m in there to long.

hps4891

hps4891

I love my Mars Hydro II 900w but I’ve really started to like them 100$ 1800w Cob led that pulls 300w from the wall and are full spectrum the pink/purple from my Mars hurts my eyes in the grow room if I’m in there to long.
Ive been lookin @ the marshydro II's & their reflector series cuz I wouldn't mind sumthn that has a lil IR in it. Also been lookin for sumthn seperate for a clone/seedling area im settn up prolly gonna go with jus str8 led for that. I may never completely switch to led but i dont see any harm in startin plants under them alone for a cpl weeks. Appreciate the input!

Last edited:
Top Bottom