Hello All, I Just Switched To A New Light And Noticing Issues

• Thread starter Creep420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Creep420

Creep420

Hello everyone.
I am very new to this all so excuse the lack of knowledge.

-I am growing in a 3x3’ 6’ tall tent.
-Intake fan, exhaust fan and internal fan to blow the canopy.
-Temp is about 75 degrees
-I water every other day with Poland Springs
-Current light fixture is a 600 W that is dimmed to 200 W so they can adjust. I switched earlier from a 300 W LED.
A bit over 30” from the canopy
-Plants are about 9 weeks old, in the beginning of their cycle they succumbed to a pretty good nute burn.

So when I made the switch I put the Wattage at 400. Once I noticed droopage I quickly dropped it to 200w. within hours I noticed the tops of the plants started to slowly turn up and curl, as well as some drooping slightly again, even after watering. Although the watering did seem to help. I have been reading that heat stress and a spectrum change can cause these issues but they may adjust to it in time. Is this accurate?
Would it be best to switch them back to the 300 W LED before more damage is done? Or continue and hope they adjust to the new settings.

Thank you all in advance!
Photos in down below

Last edited:
JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Are you letting the soil dry out? They look overwatered. You can tell when they are dry by lifting the pot and gauging the weight vs when they are wet. Let them dry out a bit and I think they’ll bounce back just fine.

What kind of soil and nutrients are you using? They look a little nitrogen deficient.

Balanque

Balanque

How rigid are you with watering? like do you always water every second day?

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
It’s too wet plain and simple. Been there and the pics shows signs of rot in the root system. Light is not the area of concern here but rather the Methods to watering and nutes, container size, drainage and available co2. Enclosed space deprives evaporation, deprives uptake of nutrients, slows the rhizosphere and drowns it.
Solution:
Let soil dry out, I mean like water once a week. Would be dry 2-3” from top and then water very little. Allowing the soil to dry, gets the root system to explode, increasing its ability to uptake nutrients to support the canopy, where your lights will now feed it. Good airflow and adequate co2 will support said development.
So I’d say let em dry out, repot or uppot. Be slow to parenting and adding too much of water and nutes.
I know it’s hard to do but I been there as well!!

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

So I’d say let em dry out, repot or uppot. Be slow to parenting and adding too much of water and nutes.
I know it’s hard to do but I been there as well!!

Words to live by. More plants die from love than neglect.

Top Bottom