• Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
Yo Moe!
Impressive!
I have a very different approach to things. I did, however, buy a planner and notebook yesterday to start keeping notes... Which is a huge step up from my old system.
IMG 20201023 0925107272

Glad to meet you, Moe... I enjoyed the intro video, and I am looking forward to your contributions here.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Hey @BudGoodman, looks like maybe you have been at this for a bit longer than I have if you are still kicking around 1998 High Times calendars!

Compared to most people here I think I am pretty much a noob. Just an engineer who has no chill I guess. You have probably forgotten more than I know in your 2+ decades of doing this. If you have suggestions, I'm all ears.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hey @BudGoodman, looks like maybe you have been at this for a bit longer than I have if you are still kicking around 1998 High Times calendars!

Compared to most people here I think I am pretty much a noob. Just an engineer who has no chill I guess. You have probably forgotten more than I know in your 2+ decades of doing this. If you have suggestions, I'm all ears.
Don't think you give yourself enough credit. As someone once said there is a big difference in 20 yrs of experience and 1 yr of experience repeated 20 times.

Thats not at all to take away from experienced growers but more to lend creed to the fact newer growers should never be discounted and knowledge is not determined by yrs.

You fit that bill to a tee

Cracken

Cracken

yes years of doing something you love to do does count for lots but, old school also has things to learn from new school. For myself I was a major in pub crawl and then mechanical engineering took the back seat. I did have a couple good ideas when I was only 20 and really eager, ever seen ocean current generators. I gave the idea to an engineer from Norway who went on to make the first of its kind, and also the wave attenuators. I was hoping to help give people free energy but, it became all for profit. the point is that anyone from anywhere can have the right answer sometimes. I just follow what seems to work for me and the science I will leave to you and Aqua and a few others on here that ooze buckets of detailed wisdom.
I seen a post from you before saying that 2.1 G/W was possible. that is actually been done and then some. https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/irie-seeds-orange-gasm-under-gavita-pro-1700e-leds.113333/
when I was younger a relative was teaching me all the ins and outs of growing for profit and under 3 1000W HPS he was getting 9 lbs and harvest was only 10 weeks from the day the clones went into the ground. mostly I was his trimmer but he showed me a few things, however he was killed in a motorcycle accident. I have attached a pic of an outdoor stalk. it should speak for its self.

Stump
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I seen a post from you before saying that 2.1 G/W was possible. that is actually been done and then some. https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/irie-seeds-orange-gasm-under-gavita-pro-1700e-leds.113333/
when I was younger a relative was teaching me all the ins and outs of growing for profit and under 3 1000W HPS he was getting 9 lbs and harvest was only 10 weeks from the day the clones went into the ground. mostly I was his trimmer but he showed me a few things, however he was killed in a motorcycle accident. I have attached a pic of an outdoor stalk. it should speak for its self.

Hey @Cracken,

No doubt there are bigger grows than what I have accomplished, especially outside. I wonder tho if it is possible to do more than 4 lbs cured in a 4x8 tent? I've got some pics I can dig up of a scrog of Critical Mass where most of the buds were over 18" and as big around as your forearm when wet. My feeling was that the only way to improve from a weight perspective was to get a different cultivar that had much denser flowers than CM. I don't think I could have physically fit any more king size flowers in this tent. I had nothing but colas in that grow, and I have hours of overhead time lapse footage of the harvest saved for posterity, but... I guess this is somewhat academic now, I don't really strive for weight anymore. It was really just a proof of concept and a test to see just what all this crap in my tents were capable of. Now I am all about the finesse of getting the best out of the grow, not the most.

Cracken

Cracken

from what I was shown clones that have roots can be switched into flower with little to no veg time since its a trimming of a matured plant and will start to but right away. with this method the clones can be placed 6" apart and can all share space in one large tote that is filled with amended soil and 6" of perlite in the bottom and a pipe down thru the soil at the corner for a bottom feeding. then the roots will grow down searching for water. this also prevents bugs and moulds on the surface since the soil is dry. there was a feeding done every second day and because not vege time the clones would start to make buds right away and not be a mess of leaves and branches. simply foxtails that yielded around 1.5 oz per plant. I plan to employ this method in a few months and see if using LED's and some CO2 will be able to break the 2oz per plant. the old method was using northern lights which was from a mother plant that was a couple years old. I will be trying a newer strain called Mighty Grape from freedom of seeds, I have her in veg now and she is doing quite nicely with some heavy branching and short node spacing.
You mentioned you were running CM which is not just a heavy yielder but also a good medical strain. is that your goto strain or was it just looking for the wow factor that CM brings when she is treated well. I will take a note from your pages and start making a journal so I can track progress and see if there are areas I can improve and follow my nutes and PH better. honestly I have dipped my PH pen in the water 2 times this year, once before I added nutes and then after. I do always use the same amounts so I expect the same results or very close. using tap water is all I have ever done. After I get my Medical license then I will need to be more exact and have to adhere to their guide lines if I wish to sell my product openly as medical grade. sorry, i tend to babble on at times.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

from what I was shown clones that have roots can be switched into flower with little to no veg time since its a trimming of a matured plant and will start to but right away. with this method the clones can be placed 6" apart and can all share space in one large tote that is filled with amended soil and 6" of perlite in the bottom and a pipe down thru the soil at the corner for a bottom feeding. then the roots will grow down searching for water. this also prevents bugs and moulds on the surface since the soil is dry. there was a feeding done every second day and because not vege time the clones would start to make buds right away and not be a mess of leaves and branches. simply foxtails that yielded around 1.5 oz per plant. I plan to employ this method in a few months and see if using LED's and some CO2 will be able to break the 2oz per plant. the old method was using northern lights which was from a mother plant that was a couple years old. I will be trying a newer strain called Mighty Grape from freedom of seeds, I have her in veg now and she is doing quite nicely with some heavy branching and short node spacing.

That's an interesting technique that I have not heard about yet. I'll be interested to see what you come up with. Perhaps when my state goes recreational and some of the limits are lifted I might give that a try too.

You mentioned you were running CM which is not just a heavy yielder but also a good medical strain. is that your goto strain or was it just looking for the wow factor that CM brings when she is treated well.

CM was one of many I have grown looking for the perfect strain with the perfect medical profile. So far I have not found that golden ticket which is why I now breaking things down by molecule. It allows me to put the medicine together any way I want.

Turns out CM was low on the pile in terms of medicine for our uses, but remained a staple grow early on just to get the massive quantities so I could run all kinds of potentially wasteful tests. Figuring out TLC, Rotary evaporation, Column Chromatography, etc showed me how quickly I can burn up a quarter pound just tweaking crap. But truth is I will probably stop growing CM soon since the buds are too big to fit in the freeze dryer and my processes have become advanced enough I don't need the quantities any more. I have a mother with great genetics that will probably end up being the last in her line soon to make room for a different mom. If anybody wants a cutting, hit me up.

After I get my Medical license then I will need to be more exact and have to adhere to their guide lines if I wish to sell my product openly as medical grade.

Laws are so different depending on where you are standing, its a little frustrating. I don't have a chance of selling to anyone anytime soon. But I would never try to talk someone out of doing the things that would allow them to pass said tests whether they do the testing or not. If you did want to try to start doing your own testing, you could do much worse than to start with TLC. I can explain and show a video of the process if you want to see it and haven't. I'll also do the test for you if you don't feel like screwing around with it.

sorry, i tend to babble on at times.

You are not alone.

Cracken

Cracken

That's an interesting technique that I have not heard about yet. I'll be interested to see what you come up with. Perhaps when my state goes recreational and some of the limits are lifted I might give that a try too.

CM was one of many I have grown looking for the perfect strain with the perfect medical profile. So far I have not found that golden ticket which is why I now breaking things down by molecule. It allows me to put the medicine together any way I want.

Turns out CM was low on the pile in terms of medicine for our uses, but remained a staple grow early on just to get the massive quantities so I could run all kinds of potentially wasteful tests. Figuring out TLC, Rotary evaporation, Column Chromatography, etc showed me how quickly I can burn up a quarter pound just tweaking crap. But truth is I will probably stop growing CM soon since the buds are too big to fit in the freeze dryer and my processes have become advanced enough I don't need the quantities any more. I have a mother with great genetics that will probably end up being the last in her line soon to make room for a different mom. If anybody wants a cutting, hit me up.

Laws are so different depending on where you are standing, its a little frustrating. I don't have a chance of selling to anyone anytime soon. But I would never try to talk someone out of doing the things that would allow them to pass said tests whether they do the testing or not. If you did want to try to start doing your own testing, you could do much worse than to start with TLC. I can explain and show a video of the process if you want to see it and haven't. I'll also do the test for you if you don't feel like screwing around with it.

You are not alone.
Now i am wondering how i package to send cross boarder. I am in Southern Ontario, Close to Toronto. I have never checked but i am sure there are exceptions for medical and science research if declared and documented properly. I will look into it and let you know if i can send you some of my own sativa strain that i have been growing for a few years.

Cracken

Cracken

This is a sample of the nice buds I get. They get really purple after the cold fall weather hits them.

20201102 145516
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Do you happen to have tinkered with tissue samples?
Hey Aqua, I almost forgot about this thread. I wanted to come back and ask you if you have. I've been digging into learning more about this, and the idea is really intriguing to me.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hey Aqua, I almost forgot about this thread. I wanted to come back and ask you if you have. I've been digging into learning more about this, and the idea is really intriguing to me.
Not yet but I'm doing some side stuff that involves agar and stuff so I plan to come back to this at some point also. Sure would be great for keeping genetics.

Smithers

Smithers

The video in your intro post is so inspiring. Fantastic setup and tour! I dream of emulating a scaled down version of what you have there. Thanks for sharing!

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Not yet but I'm doing some side stuff that involves agar and stuff so I plan to come back to this at some point also. Sure would be great for keeping genetics.
Let me know when you are ready to dig in and I'll do it with you.

lol - I just re-watched that video, that was 50 pounds ago! Love that Durban Poison!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Let me know when you are ready to dig in and I'll do it with you.

lol - I just re-watched that video, that was 50 pounds ago! Love that Durban Poison!
Yeah its gonna be prob close to a year I'm thinking by the time I get back where I need to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom