Hello from Moe.Red

• Thread starter Moe.Red
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'm not gonna wait brother. I set this up for mushrooms, but its the same tools and skills for tissue. I'll never lose another flyer genetic again!!
Yeah good for backups... actually maybe I should look into this sooner than later.

20210425 171059
20210418 150206
20210418 150151
R

redshift75

This is the column for Chromatography that did not make it in the video.

With this, concentrate can be separated out by its molecular polarity, meaning that you can have 99% pure cannabinoids individually as the end product.

View attachment 1046662
Love GC but cant wait to get rid of my varian. No matter what i do my tests never come back the same as other labs tests. im just over it. Im think next time im going light, liquid or ion Idk just not GC lol I love it for what you are talking about, not for the analyzing part ;)

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

So here is an interesting explanation of the culture process. At 24 minutes it gets into the genetics and breeding, which I find fascinating. This could be a game changer for people like me who have a strict limit on the amount of plants I can grow, and still be able to do some breeding in much quicker timeframes.

That, plus it just opens up so many options for saving and steering genetics. This is where I am headed next!

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

You ever consider testing for profit? I've spoken to you about this, just feel you would get a lot of business.. Plus your only 2 hours from me.

Look at my new building :) I have a feeling your services will be needed.

Like I should private message u this, but it's legal so yea. Also you should get some packaging equipment.. Be nice to pay someone to make concentrated for us medical patients. Like I ain't trying to buy all That equipment you got... But need it

20210426 215858

Brendanpre

Brendanpre

Tissue culture is something that I haven't really looked into, but I do find it interesting and will definitely be tagging along if you do go this route. It would seem ideal for hanging onto keeper strains while staying within plant count.

We are still in a bit of a grey are here with regards to the legalities. Growing, possesion and consumption have been decriminalized for personal use in private (doing it publicly is still not allowed), but the new legislature is still grinding its way through the process, afaik. Under the proposed new legislation we will be allowed a maximum of 4 plants in veg and 4 in flower per person. This means I will only be able to legally grow 8 plants since I live by myself. This obviously doesn't get you very far if you want to breed or hang onto a couple of quality strains....

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

You ever consider testing for profit? I've spoken to you about this, just feel you would get a lot of business.. Plus your only 2 hours from me.

Look at my new building :) I have a feeling your services will be needed.

Like I should private message u this, but it's legal so yea. Also you should get some packaging equipment.. Be nice to pay someone to make concentrated for us medical patients. Like I ain't trying to buy all That equipment you got... But need it

View attachment 1118322
That's a nice space. I'd love to have 2 floors of grow space like that, but I'd hit my plant count limit in a hurry, so for now I can only dream.

With the laws in place here, I cannot do any of this for money. So I appreciate the offer, but I just can't color outside the lines and still post stuff here as I do. Really not about the money for me anyhow. There is a trend in the US that people have to monetize their hobby to keep afloat financially, which in turn causes their fun to become work. That is something that does not interest me, I'll make my pennies elsewhere, at least until laws or something change. We'll see.

I also think not having a monetary component to this helps me to see the picture differently. I think it's more open minded. Able to try things for the hell and education of it, ya know?

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Tissue culture is something that I haven't really looked into, but I do find it interesting and will definitely be tagging along if you do go this route. It would seem ideal for hanging onto keeper strains while staying within plant count.

We are still in a bit of a grey are here with regards to the legalities. Growing, possesion and consumption have been decriminalized for personal use in private (doing it publicly is still not allowed), but the new legislature is still grinding its way through the process, afaik. Under the proposed new legislation we will be allowed a maximum of 4 plants in veg and 4 in flower per person. This means I will only be able to legally grow 8 plants since I live by myself. This obviously doesn't get you very far if you want to breed or hang onto a couple of quality strains....

Being on a plant limit will force me to attempt grafting a very unique mother one day. This from seed shit sucks, and I like variety so I'm not cloning my plants. I have seen people graft multiple strains on a mother. How well it works idk. I do know with my hydro system I can cut a branch off fully.. And tape it back together.. I remove the tape a week later and it's just as strong as the rest of the plant.. It's wild.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

That's a nice space. I'd love to have 2 floors of grow space like that, but I'd hit my plant count limit in a hurry, so for now I can only dream.

With the laws in place here, I cannot do any of this for money. So I appreciate the offer, but I just can't color outside the lines and still post stuff here as I do. Really not about the money for me anyhow. There is a trend in the US that people have to monetize their hobby to keep afloat financially, which in turn causes their fun to become work. That is something that does not interest me, I'll make my pennies elsewhere, at least until laws or something change. We'll see.

I also think not having a monetary component to this helps me to see the picture differently. I think it's more open minded. Able to try things for the hell and education of it, ya know?
Ahh never thought about the transactions before.. . That sucks. Oh well I'll figure it out. Hell maybe by you will get some free smoke to test. You can gift people smoke right? Guess I should study the laws a bit more hahaha... Fuck em

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Yeah, I can help you with testing, I've helped get a few people started on and off board. I just can't make this a profit center in any way.
I won't complain about that haha, it will be a while but you know I'll be curious. White widow auto, king tug, gelot. Og. In my 2x4

My 4x4 will be finished in a few weeks too. . Then another 4x4 1 plant aero lol.. Gonna make king Kong hopefully.

20210427 205304 HDR
20210427 205312 HDR
20210427 205147
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I'm getting close to harvest on these lovelies, but I think I still have a couple weeks with all that CBG there waiting to be converted.

TLC Durban

This is my favorite Durban Poison, then a few other plants. This Durban has become purple under the UVA lights I'm experimenting with. I know in my head that the purple is just an anthocyanin response to UV and temp, and really does zilch for our purposes, but man is she pretty, like almost edible, you know? I think I am going to stick with supplemental UVA on every grow going forward. It turns pot pretty.

Purp

My THCv experiments are paying off, and I'm back to loosing weight. Down a total of 60 pounds so far! For those not in the US, it's 27,215.542 grams. Or 0.027215542 Metric Tons.

Brendanpre

Brendanpre

Hey Moe! Good to see you around! Its been a bit boring with both you and Milson busy with other projects and not spending much time on the farm.

How's the tissue culture research going? Anything interesting up your sleeve yet?
My THCv experiments are paying off, and I'm back to loosing weight. Down a total of 60 pounds so far! For those not in the US, it's 27,215.542 grams. Or 0.027215542 Metric Tons.

Is this with your thcv isolate? Tell me more... I also need to lose about 15-20kgs and your results are very encouraging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom