Hello From The Emerald Triangle

• Thread starter Shegrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nspecta

Nspecta

Breeder
I now live on the coast here in CA and do cloning and breeding my own strains. I like doing babies and breeding

Curious @Shegrows...what kinda breeding projects have you been working on...strainwise, etc...? :)

Shegrows

Shegrows

Cool fact : I was actually conceived in a MJ bush in the Lost Coast Hills of Southern Humboldt. My parents stuck to the story it was really a huckleberry bush and my name was actually going to be huckleberry for a long time..., but I finally got them to admit it was in a MJ bush! I bathed in horse troughs and rode 3 wheelers. I was a legit Mt. Kid! The property got "camped" on when I was 2 and my parents hid me in a bush... Then they left the hills, got "normal" jobs and eventually left for The San Juan Islands 2 hours North of Seattle, where my parents still live. At 16 I came back to Humboldt, at 20 I went and did 3 outdoor seasons on the same property my parents conceived me.... Like a salmon I swam back home:)

Shegrows

Shegrows

@Nspecta for 4 years I have been breeding and fine tuning a strain my dad started in Washington.
My dads the master breeder, been at it for 35 years. He selected a Mr nice x blue dream female (don't ask me how) and bred it with a secret Robust, large producing, hearty, mold/mildew resistant Pearnels Early Girl. (mountain seed). This produced the most smelliest hardiest fasted germinating, flowering HUGE off spring. Did I say they are an iridescent Blue/Purple? Smells like you opened a box of fruit loops.
So... We brought seeds here to Humboldt and grew about 30 in a greenhouse. They got GIANT and here on the coast we ALWAYS have mold near harvest bc we are literally Right near the ocean which creates a super moist environment. The Redwood trees actually pull moisture off the ocean creating a thick layer of fog here most days. So... Our new strain never was affected by this. In fact, it thrived! I started selecting and hand breeding this super strain and we call it "Daddies Girls" after the fact my dad started it, and my sister and I continue fine tuning it to fit our two different climates here in Humboldt: Coastal and High Mountains. This strain keeps getting bigger, better, and more popular. I've never cloned it, but I do sell seeds here locally. I have a bio chemist in Redding who bought 700 seed starts (I started them) shooting for 10/20 lbs a plant this year. They are keeping me up todate on their progress. I JUST started collecting and stashing pollen for this years breeding. My males are even stinky!
The other strain im working on in its second full year is a Pineapple x OG. I started so many seeds for sale that I forgot to keep enough for myself. But I always send 50 of everything to my dad who is the official #SeedBank. I had some beautiful pineapple x OG males that I collected and stored a ton of pollen from already, but now I had to get my dad to send back 40 seeds so I can pheno hunt the right females.
My breeding came out of a living situation where "flowering" wasn't an option. At least indoor. I used my neighbors greenhouse for years, and now I actually live in their house, so this year is going to be awesome! I also have some other crossing and breeding going on too. Can I post a picture of my purple x haze?

Shegrows

Shegrows

Shegrows

Shegrows

There's my "purple Haze" it's actually blackberry Sour d x Haze. She's fat with seeds. There is no filter on pic, I fed her no nutrients, and re used crappy soil. And she still kept thriving! It hailed on her, went through all of winter and light cycles. She never hermied out. She's had no love and continued to just kill it. I had a SSH mAle and when I went to sniff this girl I decided yup she's a keeper! I let my big Haze male and her party in a airtight greenhouse and now she's fat with seeds. She's one of those plants that's been forgotten, under fed, un loved and then one day you turn around and are like "wow-look at you girl" ! These will be just for me as she's small & seeds will be limited... But will see for the future:)

Shegrows

Shegrows

That's an un touched picture as far as filters. Straight up BLACK purple and that picture was 3 weeks ago! Now she's white with huge stinky trichomes and leaves a deep black purple. Smells like heaven if you could bottle that smell!

Shegrows

Shegrows

In pic ^^ above is my sister ... Naked in front of a MJ bush. This is what 90% of my "baby book" looks like:) I'm the older sister:)

Nspecta

Nspecta

Breeder
@Shegrows sounds like you have a lot of fun projects going...your dad seems like quite the mentor. I dig the old timey pics of yesteryear...I have a bunch too, taken by my uncle, from the late 70's & early 80's...very different times back in those days. :)

You ever make it out to any of the cups or shows?

Shegrows

Shegrows

I was on my way to this Years Emerald Cup in Santa Rosa but I some unfortunate events happened right before I was leaving. Next year:) yes 80's 90's kids are the best! Different times:)

Aeilla

Aeilla

My name is Aeilla.
Since I was a little girl I have always had a love for gardens. I used to eat the peas right off the bush and run around barefoot in the dirt with mud in between my tows.

I should've known I would want to cultivate Cannabis one day.

The dream started about 5 years ago.
I had always been a recreational user and then realized Cannabis was medicinal as well and knew that it had been helping me with depression all along.
When I met my fiance and he shared the same love of green as I did I knew it was time for us to take this dream we both had and combine our efforts to make it go somewhere.

I have been reading stories and articles and watching movies about the emerald triangle for years.
I had met a man who told me stories of his 500 acre farm in Humboldt county California where him and his beautiful wife walked amongst their plants as if they were their own flesh and blood.

The men and woman who have put blood, sweat, and tears into the work they love. With a passion that couldnever be burned out.

My fiance and I's fire has been fought a few times. People have tried to out us down and punish us for consuming this beautiful plant we have grown so close to.

We no longer want to be surrounded by toxic minded pessimistic people who think the world revolves around money. And greed naturally follows.

We want to be in Humboldt. Or Trinity. Or Mendocino, or siskiyou. We want to be on your farm

Learning from you!

Do you want to teach us?

Do you want to keep this going for generations to come but can't find good help in town?

We want to help.

We have experience.

We have worked with you to 50 plants at a time by ourselves both indoor and out.
We have knowledge in light dep.
Autoflowering strains as well
Concentrates and extracts, etc.

I have confidence that there is a like minded soul who needs us.

We have a reliable vehicle and are willing to quit our jobs here and come to you if you have a solid set up and need us.

Please help us get into the very tight community of the emerald triangle.

Good vibes

And thank you for reading

"SORRY IF I ALREADY ASKED YOU"

Top Bottom