Hello! General plant discussion, overwatering and PH

• Thread starter Observationist
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Observationist

Observationist

Obviously, I probably overwatered this stupid birch but I wanted to discuss it if possible

soil: ocean forest mixed with coco

ph: I take one gallon of tap water that is around 6.5-7.0, I add one drop of PH down, then I saturate the soil with a little run off, the soil was DRYish before hand, I then use one of those soil meters with the ph,light,wetness. that meter will drop to 5.5-6 well after awhile soil goes right back up to 7PH???
(I have a 10$ Ph meter but I don’t use it because calibrating the thing is ass)

I know I know, using a fucking TDs meter to get an idea of the temp..

Hello  general plant discussion overwatering and ph
Hello  general plant discussion overwatering and ph 2
Observationist

Observationist

My 700sq ft area is kept at 72f, with the lights and this space, and the doors open it’s probably around 80/just under

Moshmen

Moshmen

Hard to tell with the burpee light any chance you get it in natural light? And a little more info ? Nutes lights etc

Observationist

Observationist

No idea what the humidity is but there’s that am near jenks Oklahoma

Observationist

Observationist

Hard to tell with the burpee light any chance you get it in natural light? And a little more info ? Nutes lights etc
Yes I sure can!
It’s more than likely overwatered, just that the soil was getting DRY. 5 gallon fabric

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Soil has a property called buffer capacity. You can't change its pH easily if it has a high buffer capacity. Most peat-based soils do.

Observationist

Observationist

Not ideal but I do it too
i was in the middle of moving from a small closet into this washer/dryer room, then i started taking some clones, for some reason my brain thought, wait these clones need 18 hours, better leave the light on, but it was still under 18 hours of light on the plant, brain fart moment? lol.

Observationist

Observationist

May be a little stressed but looks ok to me brother I’d think about feed again soon but looks good imo
also one light is some type of LED 4x cob,
Not ideal but I do it too
I can’t find much info on this light, it was my friends. The second one is a cheap Chinese led around 250$ it probably pulls 365watts with veg and bloom on, it claims to equal 2000watt hps but obviously that’s some bullshit maybe 600hps idk

Observationist

Observationist

Wonder if these clones will survive I learned midway through with the doors shut it gets to 80+ Also i don’t know why the fuck I sprayed the ever hell out of them too, too much water too much heat and some rotted away, are they salvageable, I’ve been drying up the dome and trying to “sterilize” a little bit with peroxide spay and then not let it get so hot and wet, going to get some temp and RH gauges soon

Observationist

Observationist

All bag seeds but this one has been doing the best. Wanted to keep it around
Playing around with mainlining that back corner one, kinda slaughtered it. And some happy little accidents.

Top Bottom