Hello, new grower here

• Thread starter XanderSuave
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Hello and welcome to the forum.
Take some pictures of your setup large or small does not matter.
Post them.
Tell us what you have for a light. How high above your plants.
Power setting?
Potting mix? Pot size?
Fertilizer?
Do you have?
P.H Meter?
E.C Meter?
PPM Meter?
Give us all the information you can think of.
Ask any question. This is a great forum.

X

XanderSuave

Thank you! I believe my light is a mars hydro ts3000. Its 450W in a 4x4x7 tent with a 4" inline fan and a couple small fans to move air around. I have a humidifier set to 65% humidity and a heater running that is keeping it at about 72-73 degrees. My light is on about 15% power about 16" away from the plants. My 3 germinated seeds popped above soil on Tuesday and are looking very good right now. I am using Happy Frog soil with the fox farms nutrients and I have all but the E.C. meter. Right now the seedlings are in solo cups but I am going to transplant into 7 gal fabric pots also with happy frog soil. I won't feed nutrients for a few weeks most likely. Will upload a picture next time I go to check on them

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Looking forward to pics when you can X.
I'm just getting my little setup ready to go for the season. It's nothing fancy but it works for me.
I veg in a small space 24" X 36" about 30" tall with CFL Bulbs.

Flowering space is 24" X 24" X 40" tall. Light is an old Mars 300-60 110V. I will flower 3 or 4 Cannabonsai over the winter.
1st this year is about ready to crack Wedding Cake. Thinking about Gorilla Glue #4 and a Black African if I can find the seed for it.
I never really plant ahead that far. Something seems to pop up about the time I'm looking for a seed to crack.

AsheyBear
It's not the grow tent that matters. It's the footsteps of the farmer!

Post pictures ask questions and watch hundreds of youtube videos.
Learn how to do this. It's actually very easy.

Then learn how to do this. Also very easy.

Watch this.

Last edited:
X

XanderSuave

Looking forward to pics when you can X.
I'm just getting my little setup ready to go for the season. It's nothing fancy but it works for me.
I veg in a small space 24" X 36" about 30" tall with CFL Bulbs.

Flowering space is 24" X 24" X 40" tall. Light is an old Mars 300-60 110V. I will flower 3 or 4 Cannabonsai over the winter.
1st this year is about ready to crack Wedding Cake. Thinking about Gorilla Glue #4 and a Black African if I can find the seed for it.
I never really plant ahead that far. Something seems to pop up about the time I'm looking for a seed to crack.

AsheyBear
It's not the grow tent that matters. It's the footsteps of the farmer!

Post pictures ask questions and watch hundreds of youtube videos.
Learn how to do this. It's actually very easy.

Then learn how to do this. Also very easy.

Watch this.
Cannabonsai looks like something I would love to try sometime!

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Cannabonsai looks like something I would love to try sometime!
Cannabonsai are small enough for my space. I love to mainline as well. You can start them under a couple of CFL bulbs. You don't need anything fancy.

But they could use the extra punch of a little LED like the old 300-60. I use a 2016 Mars 300-60 LED to flower.
6500k works very well. The Blueish light helps keep stalks short and stalky. You can use 15w 6500k bulbs. But 23w 6500k have a lot more punch. It just depends on how much you want to put into it.

When your plant looks like this it's time to flip and flower under the led.

Last edited:
X

XanderSuave

At the moment I'm looking to grow some monsters but these videos look like something fun to try in the future.

One of my questions are: is it a big deal if my tent only drops one degree or two when the light turns off or do I need to figure something out so my temperature can drop a few more degrees when the light is off? I don't have that control remotely and would have to do it manually but im not sure how consistent I could be.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Hello all, I am new to the forum and currently on my second grow (Tropicana cookies) and I have many questions as my first grow didn't turn out as great as id hoped and I am looking forward to learning more to become a better grower.
Hello and welcome!

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

At the moment I'm looking to grow some monsters but these videos look like something fun to try in the future.

One of my questions are: is it a big deal if my tent only drops one degree or two when the light turns off or do I need to figure something out so my temperature can drop a few more degrees when the light is off? I don't have that control remotely and would have to do it manually but im not sure how consistent I could be.
You should be good with a little temperature drop, If you want to grow monsters, learn how to mainline. This is how you keep your plants short but fill in the entire tent and utilize the light without burning your plants.

X

XanderSuave

Hey peeps, any idea what this could be? Leaves were slightly twisting and bending upward at the tips yesterday so I moved my light up to 16" away from the top of the plants last night and turned the fan around that was blowing on them so it's blowing at the wall but still moving the plants a little bit. They seem worse today after doing that.

Screenshot 20231102 164116
Screenshot 20231102 164054
Screenshot 20231102 164105
X

XanderSuave

The average temp is about 71-73 degrees but drops to 68 when the light turns off and humidity is sitting around 48%-60% am I over watering?

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
I always promote dry amendments, like gaia and maybe some pre-made compost tea like recharge. I think it's a ton easier. But that being said @Imzzaudae
Knows their stuff đź‘Ť

X

XanderSuave

I always promote dry amendments, like gaia and maybe some pre-made compost tea like recharge. I think it's a ton easier. But that being said @Imzzaudae
Knows their stuff đź‘Ť
I have not fed nutrients yet just letting the happy frog run it's course. I've been watering until water runs out the holes in the bottom each day to every other day when I get home from work

Toohighmyguy

Toohighmyguy

Welcome to the farm growmie. There's a lot of smart people with a lot of knowledge around here. Many styles, a whole lot of different techniques. Take your time, enjoy what you do. And with all knowledge around here. You'll be able to find a groove that works for you

X

XanderSuave

The problem is still happening after not watering for 3 days... Is there anyone here that can help?

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

If your 400w light is still 16" above the top of this seedling. Nothing you do will matter.
The light is still to close. You need to move the light up at least another 14" and shade the seedling.

Your light is much more powerful than you think it is. As your plant's get bigger, Maybe they will be able to handle this light at 24" but a seedling like you are growing here 30" no closer. That's 30" from the top of the plant to the light.
And if you can. Move the seedling off in a corner of the tent so it's not under the hottest part of your light.

Give it a good drink and stick it back in the corner. If you have another plant you can shade it with do so.
If no plant is available shade it with a peace of cardboard for 2 weeks. Then leave the plant in the corner. Remove the shade. Feed water see how she comes along.

Last edited:
X

XanderSuave

If your 400w light is still 16" above the top of this seedling. Nothing you do will matter.
The light is still to close. You need to move the light up at least another 14" or shade the seedling.

Your light is much more powerful than you think it is. As your plant's get bigger, Maybe they will be able to handle this light at 24" but a seedling like you are growing here 30" no closer. That's 30" from the to of the plant to the light. And move it off in a corner of the tent so it's not under the hottest part of your light.

Give it a good drink and stick it back in the corner. If you have another plant you can shade it with do so.
Even if the light is at 30%-35% power it's still too close?

Latest posts

Top Bottom