hello!! to all who love weed as much as I do. My name is "Sly". I rescue animals and grow outdoors

• Thread starter slysfarm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
slysfarm

slysfarm

Hello everyone.. I am new to this forum and look forward to learning and sharing. I have been growing outdoor canabis for 14 years and consider myself pretty knowledgeable. Here in the south dealing with mother nature keeps things interesting. Over the years I have dealt with every issue imaginable but the most damaging is wind. My plants typically reach heights of 10 - 15 feet and bush out like Christmas trees. Main colas are easily 4-6 inches round and bud-filled branches become very heavy. Should a good wind storm blow through branches will snap like toothpicks. After years of experimenting with ways to support and protect from wind, I finally figured out a cheap and pretty easy solution. As youngins, I always support my girls like I would a tomato plant using tall stakes. Instead of using cord or string, I started using 1/4 inch flat elastic strap. I use the strapping like a giant rubber band supporting heavy branches yet allowing enough " give" to sway with the wind. I surround every plant like a spider's web. The elastic strap is strong, stretchy, and nonirritating to wrap around the stalks. I will post pictures to help better explain. Anyway... I just wanted to share a good tip for any other outdoor growers who battle mother nature.

TSD

TSD

Welcome! Wind is the worst, we had a bad wind storm last year, split two trunks and uprooted one completely 😔 they all made it to the finish though, after some time in recovery. It's always something outdoors!

Moshmen

Moshmen

Welcome to the farm! Just another reason to move inside! Lmao made the move 3/4 years ago - only put garbage. That I can’t Bring myself to kill outdoors !
Happy grows
Mosh

Last edited:
Top Bottom