hello

• Thread starter mrsvtskunk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
VERMONTSKUNKS

VERMONTSKUNKS

ever since my elders have passed I have no canning or recipe knowledge I can help with hun....lucky for you medusa is here to help!

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Its been awhile easy though ..did just can eight-five jars of tuna,,,nobody needs that much tuna...internet look up mason or ball canning ...I have canned salsa before ninety -five pints ..made them three dif types of heat ...use a chopper works well ...lots of garlic!!! maybe @Seamaiden has some knowledge? I don't have a recipe M

VERMONTSKUNKS

VERMONTSKUNKS

oh my 95 jars smacks of carpol tunnel lol. Not just canning medusa becky is trying to learn from the girls how to start her own indoor thang.

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Oh cool. Girls rule. Sorry my numbers won't work on computer. Until fixed can't get into computer only phone. Yak later. Nails and phone keys suck.

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
The nice thing u have a husband that grows and that's great I had to learn on my own. Read the bible that's how I started

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
So the lady wants to grow some weed? If so, she came to the right place! Welcome to the farm and nice to meet you, mrsvtskunks. :)
Its been awhile easy though ..did just can eight-five jars of tuna,,,nobody needs that much tuna...internet look up mason or ball canning ...I have canned salsa before ninety -five pints ..made them three dif types of heat ...use a chopper works well ...lots of garlic!!! maybe @Seamaiden has some knowledge? I don't have a recipe M
I've never canned salsa, just tomatoes that I would use for salsa. I have canned a wonderful eggplant caponata recipe that I jiggled from Mario Batali and added enough acid (vinegar) to make it safe for canning, though. And that's some DAMN tasty caponata, lemme tell ya, cuz I'm good.

My husband is the real canner in the family. :D

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
I would love that recipe @Seamaiden Yum

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Take this recipe: and marry it to a canned caponata recipe. I winged it pretty hard, and taste tested it. I can't remember if I pH tested it or not, or what pH it's supposed to be at. I pressure canned the caponata, though, to be safe. Really, IIRC the Batali recipe I simply added more vinegar to achieve a lower pH.

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Take this recipe: and marry it to a canned caponata recipe. I winged it pretty hard, and taste tested it. I can't remember if I pH tested it or not, or what pH it's supposed to be at. I pressure canned the caponata, though, to be safe. Really, IIRC the Batali recipe I simply added more vinegar to achieve a lower pH.
Your so freakin smart Sea!!!!! in all aspects of life ...many Thanks M

VERMONTSKUNKS

VERMONTSKUNKS

Oh yeah please do keep these coming becauuuuse......between stuffed eggplant and stuffed grape leaves I intend to put on 25 lbs by Christmas....ill hope to lose it again by the following august as I smash good eates and enjoy harvests of kinds.

VERMONTSKUNKS

VERMONTSKUNKS

beckys first plant everyone..... she aint done one since but this was hers! I think she got the bug with this grow lol.
Pepe 011 cleaned
Pepe 012 cleaned

Top Bottom