• Thread starter j1sonbrother
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
j1sonbrother

j1sonbrother

Supporter
Damn man just saw this thread now, looks like you're getting it together though! Looks like you had a nice crop buddy. Right on!
DB, no matter what kind of growing method, synthetic or synthetic organic, I always use the dosage you recommend, damn. It's almost difficult to have any problems . It's so perfect.
I may be brainwashed by your "white Ashe", so I want to try the "Cut n" project of tasty budds

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
DB, no matter what kind of growing method, synthetic or synthetic organic, I always use the dosage you recommend, damn. It's almost difficult to have any problems . It's so perfect.
I may be brainwashed by your "white Ashe", so I want to try the "Cut n" project of tasty budds
What is this "Cut n" method? Im not trying to brainwash nobody!! Happy to see you Killin it.!!

j1sonbrother

j1sonbrother

Supporter
What is this "Cut n" method? Im not trying to brainwash nobody!! Happy to see you Killin it.!!
Cut N after the 4 or 5 weeks or even 6 weeks , and if u look at some of the 6 pack formulas the only thing being added was potassium phosphate and a little Epson salts.(IMO,N is ”mobile nut", it is to force plants to absorb N from its own leaves and carbonhydrates),
With the N cut early, the plants arent very pretty, but the buds will have real nice color, tastes great as soon as dry.
@Tasty Buds has more experience than me .

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Cut N after the 4 or 5 weeks or even 6 weeks , and if u look at some of the 6 pack formulas the only thing being added was potassium phosphate and a little Epson salts.(IMO,N is ”mobile nut", it is to force plants to absorb N from its own leaves and carbonhydrates),
With the N cut early, the plants arent very pretty, but the buds will have real nice color, tastes great as soon as dry.
@Tasty Buds has more experience than me .
I tend to agree with what your saying here.

The problem with N is it's usually attached to Ca+ which seems to be the main engine behind bud development. I think with organic grows, that can be mitigated by offering up things like bone meal, which has an NPK of 3-15-0 with around 24% calcium.

With salts, your linked into your calcium cycle with nitrogen, as most people use calcium nitrate, and calcium is generally a difficult one to dissolve into water. It needs a "partner" to dance with. I was speaking to aqua a little on this one, and I think I'm going to bring in a tad of calcium hydroxide to bridge this gap during flower.

I've actually added a bit of bone meal into some of my "masterblend" grow this time around, and cutting back on P when I'm mixing up the salts. I've been withholding the "extra" that I normally allow. Wks 2>4

Seems like once N is being withdrawn flowering just naturally unwinds itself naturally, and you end up with all the great coloring your getting there, it's simply sucking those elements it needs for the buds at the end. In my mind, the longer flowers going to keep chugging along, as much as they can sustain new growth. Then eventually reach their full potential, and ripen.

I guess what I'm saying is I don't see ripening though the same lens that I once did. It seems it can be manipulated to a degree. Either brought on, or held off... Or "extended" if that makes any sense. (not set for same cultivars, can be manipulated) Flowering is a dynamic process. (a force that stimulates change or progress within a system or process.)

Last edited:
Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

The problem with N is it's usually attached to Ca+ which seems to be the main engine behind bud development. I think with organic grows, that can be mitigated by offering up things like bone meal, which has an NPK of 3-15-0 with around 24% calcium.

With salts, your linked into your calcium cycle with nitrogen, as most people use calcium nitrate, and calcium is generally a difficult one to dissolve into water. It needs a "partner" to dance with. I was speaking to aqua a little on this one, and I think I'm going to bring in a tad of calcium hydroxide to bridge this gap during flower.

I've actually added a bit of bone meal into some of my "masterblend" grow this time around, and cutting back on P when I'm mixing up the salts. I've been withholding the "extra" that I normally allow. Wks 2>4

Seems like once N is being withdrawn flowering just naturally unwinds itself naturally, and you end up with all the great coloring your getting there, it's simply sucking those elements it needs for the buds at the end. In my mind, the longer flowers going to keep chugging along, as much as they can sustain new growth. Then eventually reach their full potential, and ripen.

I guess what I'm saying is I don't see ripening though the same lens that I once did. It seems it can be manipulated to a degree. Either brought on, or held off... Or "extended" if that makes any sense. (not set for same cultivars, can be manipulated) Flowering is a dynamic process. (a force that stimulates change or progress within a system or process.)
Good read!

j1sonbrother

j1sonbrother

Supporter

Yeah, there is indeed the problem you said. When i Cutting N, the plants have an obvious calcium deficiency reaction in the next few days. I was aware of it at that time, but I had to continue.LoL😜

For organic grow I don't trust bone or blood meal ,becauSe they re usually made out of stuff gathered from the floor of slaughterhouses , and I don't think this is a good environment.
What do you think of coconut water for calcium?

GROBRO6967

GROBRO6967

Thx,man Yeah, I know that.
I'm just curious about the ways to use refrigerators, such as "freeze drying or curing", Any advice ?,
Damnnn brother those are some gorgeous buds, would you mind telling me what strain that is? Also does it look purple cuz of the lights or is it naturally purple?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom