Help 1000w Gavita With 7ft Ceilings

• Thread starter amedeo28
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Organikz

Organikz

CMH runs as cool as an LED. I just ordered two 315w phantoms. I have a cheap 400w CMH with an air cooled hood that I don't even have to run.

Can only imagine 315.

Leew421

Leew421

I'll argue that CMH is as cool as led. I had 6 of them before. 2 in a 4x4 space was waaayyyy hotter than my one Spydrx plus light in the same 4x4. It's still metal halide and burns super hot. I can touch my open diode on my led rails, try touching a buld that's been on for a min. If you run an air cooled hood that changes it but also weakens the light output a hair.

Organikz

Organikz

I'll argue that CMH is as cool as led. I had 6 of them before. 2 in a 4x4 space was waaayyyy hotter than my one Spydrx plus light in the same 4x4. It's still metal halide and burns super hot. I can touch my open diode on my led rails, try touching a buld that's been on for a min. If you run an air cooled hood that changes it but also weakens the light output a hair.
Maybe it's because I've only used cheap led. It has been my experience. When trying to achieve the true wattage with 450x2LED it gets over 85 but i can run a 400w CMH and it will get to about 82 at most with no exhaust running.

I'm not going to go all fan boy in here. All lights work. When you go with LED you have to get something decent like COB. Amazon units grow air bud. Look for ones with IR and UV diodes...could be the same...i don't know shit about COB but I know UV is.going to get those terpes flowing

Last edited:
G gnome

G gnome

Im interested in getting a cpl cmh for vegging moms....wanna do em on light movers so i can keep costs and heat down....anyone ever try it?

@hiboy thought i read something about u doin it....?

cannabeans

cannabeans

Im interested in getting a cpl cmh for vegging moms....wanna do em on light movers so i can keep costs and heat down....anyone ever try it?

@hiboy thought i read something about u doin it....?
Using a mover for mothers will work just fine depending on how fast you need those to reproduce cuttings for you.
I would not suggest moving more than a 18" in either direction. I have found that shorter runs on the rail helps considerably.

G gnome

G gnome

Using a mover for mothers will work just fine depending on how fast you need those to reproduce cuttings for you.
I would not suggest moving more than a 18" in either direction. I have found that shorter runs on the rail helps considerably.

Thx for the response. All im really trying to do is keep em in suspended animation haha.

For my purposes id like to go abojt 4ft in each direction. ...? When its time to kick one into high gear and get it growin good and hearty so i can harvest some clones i will set it under its own light

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

I was a used car manager for franchise dealerships for many years. The maintenance and usage is more important than anything to the life of a car. All of them use internationally made parts. It is a global market. Many families all over the world rely on production of these parts. And they are sold all over the world when built too.

I have a 215k mile dodge caravan that never had major work and runs great. And a 250k Ford Taurus. I would drive either car across country still.

And I hear your argument but it doesn't work. The corporations are huge. Consumers can only buy the local version of the product.

And since you hate Monsanto so much. You better stop buying anything from any company on this list.

View attachment 719483
I'm pretty safe with that list, can't say I use a single thing on it. Got worried for a sec, thought it said interstate batteries instead of bakeries (close one there). Also wouldn't be surprised if Heinz gets something through once in a blue moon (Burgerville tillamook cheeseburger, doh!)

Homeopathic opthalmics? Wow there's a racket. Do they charge extra for removing the active ingredients?

Curious if anyone here running 1000w is pulling over 2 per light?
2+ with 750s, 3+ for 1ks (Monsanto brand fixtures)

Last edited:
G gnome

G gnome

I'm pretty safe with that list, can't say I use a single thing on it. Got worried for a sec, thought it said interstate batteries instead of bakeries (close one there). Also wouldn't be surprised if Heinz gets something through once in a blue moon (Burgerville tillamook cheeseburger, doh!)
Now ur goin to hell!!! Haha

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

Now ur goin to hell!!! Haha
Oh yes, they're saving a special place for me :jimlad:
Btw the 4200K cmh work great for moms, good quality light at lower intensity, then just move closer to get them cranked up.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Homeopathic opthalmics? Wow there's a racket. Do they charge extra for removing the active ingredients?

2+ with 750s, 3+ for 1ks (Monsanto brand fixtures)

You know homeopathics work much like our canabanoid receptors in that they signal a healthy response from the body where it is needed.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Evidence for that?
Here's water in your eye :playful: hope it's sterile :shy:

I haven't worked there for a long time. I moved away from Colorado where they are located over 9 years ago so I don't have my info and accounts anymore obviously.

I am from an educated family of doctors and science phd's and I was totally in disbelief as you are.

But there are lab tests out there with proven mode of action. And of course many years of patient reports all over the world.

Personally I have had patients with their cataracts healed over a couple of years and got their drivers licenses back at 70-80 years of age.

Also many cases of macular degeneration with the nerves regenerated.

Like I said. Over 10k doctors stocked and prescribed these medications regularly. The patients paid cash. Must have been working.

the womans dry eye formula was the most popular and had the most effect overall for patients.

Sorry I don't have my info. Do some research. It's a shame the AMA and the naturopaths won't combine forces. It would help a lot of people.

And eye drops don't have to be sterile. At least the FDA doesn't care. But ours were. And ph balanced so no burn.

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

IMG 0765

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

You don't like the patron saint of all smart stoners? Mr X's baloney sandwiches are my favorite snack.

Comparison of ECS theory to homeopathy is pure confabulation (chemical process vs magical thinking). All the fallacious arguments in the world won't change that.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

You don't like the patron saint of all smart stoners? Mr X's baloney sandwiches are my favorite snack.

Comparison of ECS theory to homeopathy is pure confabulation (chemical process vs magical thinking). All the fallacious arguments in the world won't change that.

Do you ever post any info to support your meme's and opinions?

Here is some info for you to look at which shows in clinical trials homeopathy fares as well as pharmaceuticals.

Also mentioned are some pharmaceutical medications that have no known method of action such as Aspirin.

https://www.hri-research.org/resour...e-is-no-scientific-evidence-homeopathy-works/

https://www.britishhomeopathic.org/evidence/the-evidence-for-homeopathy/

http://www.wholehealthnow.com/homeopathy_pro/research_1.html

Our body makes its own endocanabanoids to regulate its homeostasis. We have discovered that canabanoids from the cannabis plant can also cause our system to react and try to regulate symptoms.

We only discovered humans have canabanoid receptors in the 1980's.

Cannabis healed people before we knew about the receptors.

Homeopathy works in much the same way. Signaling the body to return to homeostasis.

Whitesnake

Whitesnake

Hey, my first light i bought was a 1000w Gavita E series DE fixture. I was growing in a 5x5 tent with a 7' ceiling. I would not recommend a Gavita DE fixture in this situation due to the fact that it is not air cooled and the ballast is in the tent (which adds another 80-100w of heat inside the tent which would be better served by added lighting or reduced heat). In the 5x5 tent with 300+cfm exhaust/intake I could only run it at 850w and the tent was still 83-85*f. The yield was excellent but the quality was impacted from the heat. I didn't experience anything close to light burn running it even at 1150 3' above the canopy however the heat was a major issue with this light fixture. My next 2 grows I bought cheap iPower 1000w air cooled lights and I am able to run one (air cooled) in my 5x5 at 1000w keeping the temperature around 78*f. Long story short, unless you have enough space and an air conditioner I would HIGHLY recommend buying a cheap 1000w air cooled ($160 delivered full set up with timer and hangers) vs a Gavita 1000w DE fixture ($475 delivered) it will save you money and BTU's. If I had a full room with total control I would go with the Gavita's 100% however that doesn't seem to be your setup or mine. Hope this was helpful.

P

Pimples

Yup.

I run 1000w de in 7ft ceilings been doin it for about 3yrs now.
It can be done but its not advisable. Everyone wants to jump on these DE lamps no matter the situation and ive seen many a cooked canopy because of it.Turning them down isnt the answer either. DE hps lamps are real powerhouse fixtures. Meant for high ceilings and multiples of them for light overlap. They are for big greenhouses and big commercial grows in a high bay setting. Think commercial warehouse grows. I know people try and make them work in a home or low ceiling basement but cmon. I even heard of people cramming them in tents. Good luck with that is all i can say. Stick to traditional mogul socket hps for home grows and low ceilings. If you want optimum spectrum...try throwing up the newish 315 and 630 watt cmh fixtures alongside 6 and 1000 watt hps single ended mogul sockets and call it a day. Now all that being said..I do use Gavita 6/750 watt de fixtures in a 7ft basement grow room. But I got them in between the floor joices. They fit perfectly..gaining me another foot or so. I use silver backed mylar foam board for my walls and ceilings in 4x8 sheets. I cut out for the Gavita lamp profile on the top. They arw more or less "recessed". Its a pretty cool looking setup...but iam always wishing I had higher clearance. I train my plants low and wide because the light is very intense and hot. An efficient high powerd air conditoner is mandatory for these lamps as well. Gavita tells us growers to mount these in high ceiling situations for a reason.

Last edited:
Top Bottom