Help A Newbie Save His Babies!

• Thread starter KMProp
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ronnie V

Ronnie V

I'm saying floros for veg. As far as flower/late veg hell yea get that 600 pumpin.

Did u flush? If u did are u still getting salt build ups?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Thanks for all your replies guys.

I never got round to buying any old age but sure damn will tomorrow, also so you guys say 100% a bottle of cal mag?

Also, my pH was around 6.0 6.5 after nutes. I also give them a fresh water mist every now and again (pH 6.1) BUT.. I gave them a feed at pH 5.5 this morning, and just got in to check them and they seem to be really alive!! Theyre leaves have straightened up and become fuller so maybe I had a lock out?

I'm still going to give the old age a shoot tomorrow and purchase some calmag.
:) Sounds like you're on the right track.
I've just bobbed in to see how they're getting on after changing there feed ratios and pH.

One seems absolutely fine, it's really picked back up! The other seems like it's having quite a hard time?
Then range the pH, up and down, until you get a positive response. I think you're going to need to keep it pushed down a bit, into the 5s, and I think I've already said that, but I say it a lot.

Are you able to measure EC here? I can't recall, I go through too many threads on a daily basis.
I'm getting quite a high build up of salts, can someone help?
Yes. First, you need to be able to measure the EC of your fertilizer, this will help prevent buildup of salts because you'll more safely and reliably be able to use very low EC feeds, which is what I recommend instead of actual flushing with plain water. That can cause shock.

K

KMProp

600w is way over kill for 2 seedlings. The floro will do the job.

I think you were right!
The HPS put them into major heat stress!

Serious tacos ha, I've put the Floro back in and sat them onto a heated incubator, rooms insulated and generally stays at around 25C

K

KMProp

So after all the messing around with the porly seedlings I began some new ones retracing all my mistakes. She seems a lot healthier than the others, abit leggy but that can be sorted!

Further tips and guidance would be appreciated guys :D

Top Bottom