Help A Newbie Save His Babies!

• Thread starter KMProp
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

KMProp

I think I've diagnosed the current problem, I will only find out in a few days I suppose! But..

Will the old affected growth continue to die or will it recover?

Also, do you guys think my new growth looks healthy and will it make it? Please help a newbie save his babies:cry: Thank you.

Stain: Jack Herer
Medium: Canna Terra Pro Plus
Nutes: Greenhouse Feed Hybrid Powder Feed
Temps: 20C-30C
Humidity: Incubator *unsure of humidity until I get a all in one thermometer (hopefully tomorrow)

Help a newbie save his babies
Tank707

Tank707

If I were you I'd pluck the bottom two leaves. A seedling that small is trying to hard to bring those leaves back, the stress of losing them is minimal compared to the stress of bringing them back. Give them a small feeding at the time of plucking and give it a week or so. You should be fine.

K

KMProp

Coco Canna Terra Pro Plus is basicly a supersoil, it has Coco, Peat Moss, Tree Bark and a nutrient Mix, so when you add supplements to the soil like NPK and PH balancers, so basicley if you are treating it like strait Coco, that may be your problem, It's not Coco any more it's a soilless medium with additives (Supersoil)
Unfortunately, The Un specified Proprietary blend of additives could reek havoc on your grow. here is a link
http://www.cannagardening.com/terra_professional_plus
This is where I got my info from. Direct!

Sh** !

I've been giving my babies food! -.-

So I should be using simple, plain water, pH correct?

K

KMProp

Some may argue this point, But until the cotyledon leafs die and fall off, The plant is in seedling stage, and the seed has enough of what it needs to get it to this point, after the cotyledons die you can begin a light feeding, which is usaually around 21 days or so,
So until that point, you should only need to feed just plain water PH to 5.8 to 6.4
This is just my practice and there are many peeps who will dispute this, But I've been growing for 37+ yrs. and I'm not claiming to know all, But It always works for me...
Hope this helps bro?

I will definitely take everything you've said into account, I appreciate it mate!

Ooopsi

Ooopsi

@Natures Way
Hello! Small question on the super thrive if that's ok for you?
I never used it but I ordered a bottle some days ago because I read it was like a magic potion for sick plants just like your sayin'. Now most websites and posts do warn not to use it more than twice per grow. So I suppose it's kinda 'strong' stuff. How come the same liquid can revive seedlings without giving them a burn or something? Isn't feeding plants with vitamins also like feeding nutes? ... Arr.. My head just started to itch...

K

KMProp

I've just uploaded a picture of my NPK stats and nute percentages.

I'll give it a go and post you a pic shortly @FarmerDave Dave

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Um... not a single one of you has asked about pH parameters? I know they say it's got lime in it to keep pH adjusted/stable, but I never buy into that.

I think you need to test the pH of your medium, AND you need to figure out what the primary components are (I couldn't figure out visiting the site linked by Nature's Way). It appears to be primarily coir, and if that is the case, then unless you know for a fact what's in it, I'd be feeding directly. Which brings me to the fertilizer you posted, it's got zero Ca in it, and that's going to be a problem.

In my opinion on this one, not much is going to be helpful without knowing more about pH parameters in the root zone and with feeding/watering. Because the mix appears to be primarily coir, my own suggestion is to get it to about 5.8, and keep feedings and waterings in the range of 5.8-6.2 or so, with 6.0 being a sweet spot.

If you can't measure pH, we're REALLY shooting in the dark here.

K

KMProp

Thanks for all your replies guys.

I never got round to buying any old age but sure damn will tomorrow, also so you guys say 100% a bottle of cal mag?

Also, my pH was around 6.0 6.5 after nutes. I also give them a fresh water mist every now and again (pH 6.1) BUT.. I gave them a feed at pH 5.5 this morning, and just got in to check them and they seem to be really alive!! Theyre leaves have straightened up and become fuller so maybe I had a lock out?

I'm still going to give the old age a shoot tomorrow and purchase some calmag.

Ooopsi

Ooopsi

Subbed.... I can't really help you out, not that I don't want to, but I see you've got some decent backup here so I'll be following along your grow to pick up some good advice as well. Quoting tank: it's a weed. Do not over do it! Take that as a rule of thumb! My advice: being in the game for only 2 years by now, if there's one major thing I've learned: do not panic, do not over do it because most of the times it makes things worse, do not get nervous, don't try all at once, keep it simple and give your plant the chance to react to what you do. Be patient.... Watch the weather change... Good luck man!

K

KMProp

I've just bobbed in to see how they're getting on after changing there feed ratios and pH.

One seems absolutely fine, it's really picked back up! The other seems like it's having quite a hard time?

Ooopsi

Ooopsi

Personally, I think both are fine as there seems to be a lot of discussion around that. Some prefer 24/0 with the argument: if you can give it more light, then do it. It will grow faster. Those sticking to 18/6 say: plants need to rest as well. It happens in nature so give them some rest.
Switching form 24/0 to 18/6 stresses the plant a little bit but I've done that as well and didn't notice any larger effect.
Personally I prefer 24/0 when they are still very small and fragile, using fluorescent tubes, to keep them small. After that, mostly after the 2nd or 3rd leaf is being developed, I switch to 18/6 and to a bigger 250w CFL bulb. Working fine for me, but that's just me ;)

Ronnie V

Ronnie V

Floros: 24/7

Led's, hps's, plasmas,...: 18/6. Plants seem to like the break and saves a bit of electricity.

All personal preference.

K

KMProp

I've just changed the lighting from
Florecent bulbs to 1 HPS 600w

I'm only doing 2 babies, 1 600 will be enough won't it?

Also I've got it about just over 1 meter above them.

K

KMProp

Yes Floros will work, But does he want "plants" or does he want "PLANTS" get what I'm saying...lol
Really just 1 plant under a 1K HID is very common, yielding 1-2 lbs.
I don't think you'll get anything near that w/6 plants under Floros. Invest your money wisely with growth expectations in mind for the future. JM2CW bro...

I want PLANT PLANTS! Ha

Top Bottom