HELP!! Aerophonic cloning pics

• Thread starter stressedfello
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

stressedfello

After numerous fails cloning w/ rockwool I've decided to build a cloning machine. It's my first time using a DIY aeroponic cloning machine so I don't know how the stem and new roots are suppose to look. There were signs of root growth after day 6 so I was expecting them to be ready for transplant after a couple more days but it seems like the roots did not grow any longer. Can you experts out there check out my pictures and give me some input? Any input is greatly appreciated! Im currently using:

-PHed 5.8 tap water
-1tsp of superthrive/gal
-clonex gel on cuttings
-on/off 15min on water pump
-24/7 on air pump
-Strain GD

http://i1247.invalid.com/albums/gg621/stressedfellow/1jpg.jpg
http://i1247.invalid.com/albums/gg621/stressedfellow/2jpg.jpg
http://i1247.invalid.com/albums/gg621/stressedfellow/3jpg.jpg
http://i1247.invalid.com/albums/gg621/stressedfellow/4jpg.jpg
http://i1247.invalid.com/albums/gg621/stressedfellow/5jpg.jpg

PS. today will be day 14 since i've place them into the cloning machine and have only changed out the water once on day 13.

sedate

sedate

You have to upload your pics to thcfarmer - not to whereever you stuck them. Your links are invalid.

After numerous fails cloning w/ rockwool

You are failing in rockwool so you up the ante to a machine?!

I don't know what your tap water consists of, obviously - but generally getting cuttings to root with tap water has always been very problematic for me using Denver-area tap water. The who-knows-what-the-fuck calcium dose alone usually does it in for cuttings - as far as I'm concerned. Nevermind chlorine and chloramine and I could go on and on and on.

Tap water = NO!

So try a gallon of distilled water for this grow stage.

S

stressedfello

Oh, sorry didnt know about the picture thing. The reason why im using tap water is because i use a very big sterilite tub that needs like 20gal of water each time i change water. and yes I made a clone machine after failing with the oasis cubes many times because i kept overwatering them and was told that i couldnt overwater or underwater w/ the cloning machine.

Stressedfello

S

stressedfello

Here are the pictures of the cuttings. Any help is greatly appreciated!

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

It looks like you might be okay. definitly some slime started. Id guess it got too hot in there sometime after it started to root. I would be surprized if it was anything but temps. toss a freeze pack in there during the hottest part of the day. also get some hygrozyme in there or better yet cannazyme to clean up some of the nasty.

S

stressedfello

It looks like you might be okay. definitly some slime started. Id guess it got too hot in there sometime after it started to root. I would be surprized if it was anything but temps. toss a freeze pack in there during the hottest part of the day. also get some hygrozyme in there or better yet cannazyme to clean up some of the nasty.

-sorry i meant to say i added 1/4 tsp of super thrive in the tub w/ every gal of water.

how much hygrozyme should i put in the water? I currently have about 4tsp of superthrive in the 20 gal water.

btw, room temperature always stayed around 79/80 degree. is that too hot for the cuttings?

Thanks,
stessedfello

S

stressedfello

Thanks SAMCRO, those are some very informative threads.

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
I use and ezeclon as well you should go get some botanicare liquid power clone the stuff is amazing roots in 4 days crazy but i agree looks like the temps maybe to high. As for hygrozyme I used it at 5ml per gallon along with super thrive and powerclone. Woods is the best brand of cloning solution i have ever used amazing stuff keep your temps down and you should be fine thats how your roots should look - the slime.

sedate

sedate

I still think your nuts for building that thing before you could do rockwool.

Anyway, judging by your pics I, like the other posters, also think you will be fine.

You still should not be rooting with tap water.

I'm not a fan of Hygrozyme or Superthrive - but these should be fine products here.

Have a look at Hormex as well:

http://www.hormex.com/

S

stressedfello

thanks for the input guys, im gonna add some hygrozyme in it later to see if it'll help and some frozen bottle of waters to try to keep the temperature down.

sedate, i was actually using oasis cubes b4 i built the clone machine, i have a big problem with overwatering the clones, my friends said i took too good of a care for it cause i was soakin the heck out of the cubes like every other day and it started to rot on me.

stressedfello

sedate

sedate

stressedfello said:
y friends said i took too good of a care for it cause i was soakin the heck out of the cubes like every other day and it started to rot on me.

Right. You are supposed to soak those in a pH'd nute solution of 200 - 300ppm's and then place your cuttings into them under a humidity dome. Spritz with a light foliar feed three or four times a day and you'll have roots in a week or so.

You aren't supposed to add water after you soak them initially.

Seriously you could do like 20 clones for two gallons of distilled water that way.

And get an R/O filter jezus.

S

stressedfello

when i was using oasis cubes, i was only using bottled waters. but when i was using the cloning machine i had to use tap water cause 20 gal was just too much. lols

sedate

sedate

No no I get that.

But you still need to get a real water supply.

You'll have problems at some point. Believe that.

S

stressedfello

I'm not sure if it's a R/O water system but we did have someone come over and installed some big machine at the side of the house where water runs through it and every now and then we'll have to add some kinda salt in the machine to make the water soft.

KitsapGrapeApe

KitsapGrapeApe

when i do use an aero cloner i use distilled water straight, ph maybe 5.5-6 pump always running, no food at all, i haven't had issues with water temps, and i;ve had them run over 80 at times, i've had slime issues before and it was due to food added to water.

i had issues when i first started cloning in domes, many issues, i've come to learn my issues were from misting plants to often, my friend who showed me how to clone told me to so i did and my results were horrible, between trying things and and talking to other growers i realized i didn't need to mist my plants that much because we are trying to encourage root growth and by feeding them so much though their leafs could be encouraging them to just live though foliar feediungs.

it took me 2 years to get cloning down, there were times when i would take 200 clones in hopes of getting 30 to root, i started being extra clean, always using scalpels, also a product i think is fantastic is vita grow anti wilt, i'm not sure what it was that got me over the hump but i got there finally and damn was it the biggest issue i've ever had growing that took a lot of time to sort out, i've been doing really good now. good lock with your issues bro.

S

stressedfello

thanks Kit, I hope i get through this soon. I think i took a total about 400-500 cutting already and only about 35 made it. I've failed so many times that im actually embarrassed to ask my friends for cuttings again... anyways, about your batch with the slime issue, did they ever made it or was it a total loss?

StressedFello

KitsapGrapeApe

KitsapGrapeApe

very few made it, the slim came on real early like 2 days maybe.

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

You !forsure! want to get your TAP water before it hits that "machine", which is a water softener that adds salt. There is ussually a hose bib you can hook on to before the main line gets to the softener. But if you need salts to soften your water I bet your tap water PPMs are thru the roof! A hundred dollar SMALL BOY would do you wonders! Did the hygrozyme help at all? When I see roots starting to pop like yours, I add Root exel or rapid start. and watch them explode.

Top Bottom