Help and Advice for a beginner grower

• Thread starter Maxiboy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Maxiboy

Maxiboy

Hi! I have for a period of time gained interest in growing. I’ve never done it before so that’s why I’m searching for some advice.

first of all, what do you guys recommend when it comes to autoflowering seeds? Can they be placed directly into soil. So far I’ve planted one seed. Quick one. It’s planted in natural soil and about 10% fertilizer. All natural.

I planted the seed 5/6 in a 10L bucket outside. when I planted the seed I watered around the seed. Only one day after I could se the plant starting to show. (We’ve had beautiful weather, +20-+25 Celsius and a lot of sun. I will post some picture of the plant. It is now been 5 days since the seed went into soil.

I have a tent with a fan/lights that I’ve bought. Including nutrients etc. what should I do? Keep it outside or move in the tent after some time? Should I add more fertilizers and how often should I water the plant?

I have alot of questions but I really want to learn. Can you guys se if my baby plant is healthy or if I should change something? I would highly appreciate if anyone could take some time and give me some advices. The last picture when the plant is smaller was taken yesterday.

thanks in advance, Max

Help and advice for a beginner grower
Help and advice for a beginner grower 2
Help and advice for a beginner grower 3
Help and advice for a beginner grower 4
LexLuthor

LexLuthor

It looks very healthy, just water it maybe twice a week or so, but it depends on different factors like temperature, relative humidity, size of root system, drainage of soil, etc. So there is never just 1 way of growing a seedling. Good luck!!

Maxiboy

Maxiboy

It looks very healthy, just water it maybe twice a week or so, but it depends on different factors like temperature, relative humidity, size of root system, drainage of soil, etc. So there is never just 1 way of growing a seedling. Good luck!!
Thank you! I’ve red somewhere that it’s kind of easy to overwater them. I have drainage at the bottom of the bucket. 10 3mm holes. Do you think I should keep it outside or put in the tent? I live far up north in Sweden so the weather might turn a lot colder and a lot of rain really fast.

Maxiboy

Maxiboy

The strain is quick one by the way.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Thank you! I’ve red somewhere that it’s kind of easy to overwater them. I have drainage at the bottom of the bucket. 10 3mm holes. Do you think I should keep it outside or put in the tent? I live far up north in Sweden so the weather might turn a lot colder and a lot of rain really fast.

It depends on the type of light you have?

Staple_1

Staple_1

On my first grow as well, but I’d say if your using synthetic nutrients, from the second you feed the plants them, do not bring them outside. For I have had a great first grow so far and the only issue I’ve delt with is bugs. Synthetic nutrients greatly attract them and I had just taken my plants outside two times to clean the tent and have delt w two separate bug issues. I’m not exactly sure which brand soil or fertilizer and what nutrients it’s going to provide then the obvious nitrogen boost from all fertilizer. If you go to a local country store or hydro phonic store or even Amazon you can get fox farms ocean forest and you’re plant can survive on ph maintained water for around 30-40 days for that soil is extremely high and rich w healthy ppm for the plant and as roots grow it can feed at its own way in an organic fashion at first, which is definitely worth the money saved on nutrients. Just a thought for as I myself am still learning lots. Happy growing man and good luck:)!

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Hello. At this stage, the plant will need very little water, maybe every 3rd day. You have to learn how to tell when it needs water. There are signs to look for.
The plant is happiest when it's leaves are reaching for the light. That's when you water. If the leaves are drooping down, then it needs water or it has too much. Feel the leaves, if they are stiff and crisp, water it. If they are soft and supple, do not water, it has too much.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

What kind of light do you have?
How far above the top of the plant is it?

Maxiboy

Maxiboy

Hello. At this stage, the plant will need very little water, maybe every 3rd day. You have to learn how to tell when it needs water. There are signs to look for.
The plant is happiest when it's leaves are reaching for the light. That's when you water. If the leaves are drooping down, then it needs water or it has too much. Feel the leaves, if they are stiff and crisp, water it. If they are soft and supple, do not water, it has too much.
Thank you! Appreciate all the tips.

Maxiboy

Maxiboy

What kind of light do you have?
How far above the top of the plant is it?
She started her life outsider in ideal conditions, unfortunately the weather turned so I have put it inside my tent. I have a 250w superplant lamp with reflector. Around 50cm above the plant. I also have good airflow/ventilation so that should not be an issue. I can se the plant wobbling around just a little bit here and there.

Last edited:
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I'm not familiar with that light. As long as it's a good light, it won't give you problems.
Your distance is good. Too close and they don't get taller, too far and they don't grow.

KDB42

KDB42

And after you rub the leaves smell your fingers. It'll remind you why your doing this! I love doing that!

Maxiboy

Maxiboy

I'm not familiar with that light. As long as it's a good light, it won't give you problems.
Your distance is good. Too close and they don't get taller, too far and they don't grow.
Here’s a little update. I gently checked and touched the leaves. They felt hard and crisp, so I took a spray bottle and gave her a little bit of water just around the plant. As you can se the leaves has been raising during the night.

still don’t know if I should water more. The top soil is kind of dry but if I stick my finger in about 2-3cm (1inch) it’s a little moist not wet.
I’ll post some photos. A lot can happen to a plant during 12 hours 😂 she’s grown about 3mm. I really appreciate all the help and tips.

19BEA5F7 9746 4B08 9DD7 48EB55A9F063
2C02830B 38BA 40D6 95A0 F8DB9D856D51
Maxiboy

Maxiboy

Again I’m a beginner, I think the light should be OK. The whole setup was around 500-600 USD. Do you recommend me to get the plant a couple of hours of shade each day? Again I’m using auto flower seeds. I’ve bought a carbon filter, how much will it smell during flowering/drying? Best regards

Maxiboy

Maxiboy

And after you rub the leaves smell your fingers. It'll remind you why your doing this! I love doing that!
Here’s an little update. The leaves has grown quite fast. Also, I planted one seed royal gorilla auto and two flowers came out? What should I do? One flower is quite a bit taller than the other one.

CD029727 6276 4378 93CC 88B1D7477642
3BC0B14C 259A 4A23 8703 546E02A08DC7
4269B831 63BA 422A ACF7 6C2904915822
GanjaFarmer24

GanjaFarmer24

I'd scoop out the seedling near the side and give it its own container. You seem to be doing a good job of letting the soil dry out a little between watering. I did notice the soil looks a little dense. When it comes time to transplant, consider adding some perlite to aid in drainage and general root health.

Maxiboy

Maxiboy

I'd scoop out the seedling near the side and give it its own container. You seem to be doing a good job of letting the soil dry out a little between watering. I did notice the soil looks a little dense. When it comes time to transplant, consider adding some perlite to aid in drainage and general root health.
Okey! Should I move it it now? I planted about one week ago. Yeah I’m trying not no overwater. I’m using a spray bottle maybe every 3 days or when the soil is very dry. I have lights on 18 hours and 6 hours of shade but still with the fan running. Does the older plant look healthy? The plant tilted a little bit, not that much but I took a little soil and straightened the plant very carefully. I have the lamp about 30-40cm from the plant, I also have a reflector. I appreciate all the help and tips.

Latest posts

Top Bottom