HELP! Are these POLLEN SACS?!

• Thread starter 420DankBud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
420DankBud

420DankBud

Well fuck I found another plant in my grow tent that’s a hermie & it’s a different strain. Definitely thinking it was something environmental at this point. Because I’m so far along in my 1st grow I’m thinking about letting it just ride out until harvest. Are there any negatives to this? I plan on just using this bud for personal use

freezeland2

freezeland2

Well fuck I found another plant in my grow tent that’s a hermie & it’s a different strain. Definitely thinking it was something environmental at this point. Because I’m so far along in my 1st grow I’m thinking about letting it just ride out until harvest. Are there any negatives to this? I plan on just using this bud for personal use
May have seed in it at harvest but if you just want smoke and don’t care……

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

I would check for light leaks. If there is even the slightest amount of light from a button or switch that will definitely do it. I think I see why. Your machines inside your tent have light on em. Different colored lights to be exact. Your problem likely stems from that. Those light being on inside your tent when it should be lights off will mean they are never getting a dark cycle. So you stressed em out and made em freak out cause the light never went out. And caused em to herm.

growsince79

growsince79

I would check for light leaks. If there is even the slightest amount of light from a button or switch that will definitely do it. I think I see why. Your machines inside your tent have light on em. Different colored lights to be exact. Your problem likely stems from that. Those light being on inside your tent when it should be lights off will mean they are never getting a dark cycle. So you stressed em out and made em freak out cause the light never went out. And caused em to herm.
+1 even if the indicator lights aren't the culprit, they should always be covered to rule it out.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Everything in the tent is going to be pollinated. Some more than others, pistils turn colour prematurely after pollination.
going to be some seedy smoke, but for personal use not a waste.

growsince79

growsince79

Everything in the tent is going to be pollinated. Some more than others, pistils turn colour prematurely after pollination.
going to be some seedy smoke, but for personal use not a waste.
For me, the worst part of smoking seedy weed is the taste. even if you get every seed out, the shell layer around the seed (i call it afterbirth) ends up in the crumble and makes it taste like shit. Hash it.

Mugwort

Mugwort

Looks like you have a he-she growing there. How long after you flipped plant did seed sacs appear? Was there a precipitating stressful event?

Mugwort

Mugwort

For me, the worst part of smoking seedy weed is the taste. even if you get every seed out, the shell layer around the seed (i call it afterbirth) ends up in the crumble and makes it taste like shit. Hash it.
“Hash it”? That’s all you have to say after this poor cannabis cultivating chap discovers male organs growing on one of his girls?

growsince79

growsince79

“Hash it”? That’s all you have to say after this poor cannabis cultivating chap discovers male organs growing on one of his girls?
What else can I say? I like hash better than seedy weed. He could let it finish and make aaa+ hash, or do it now and get started on the next run. Everyones situation is different.

Mugwort

Mugwort

What else can I say? I like hash better than seedy weed. He could let it finish and make aaa+ hash, or do it now and get started on the next run. Everyones situation is different.
Sorry growsince...I took “hash it” as “trash it”!

Badcableman

Badcableman

Had to cull off a stunted auto about 2 weeks ago. It hermied either on its own (unknown genetics) or due to heat & humidity stress. Hopefully you caught it in time before it pollenated your crop. Good luck!

karolanne

karolanne

Are you saying the light of the switch on a power bar, as example, is too much light?

Mugwort

Mugwort

Are you saying the light of the switch on a power bar, as example, is too much light?
I would have to see data that showed that the minuscule amount of light put out by, for example, the light of a control module monitoring temp, humidity, fan speeds, etc. could stress a plant that much. There would be more photons ob a full moon night than from this!

growsince79

growsince79

I would have to see data that showed that the minuscule amount of light put out by, for example, the light of a control module monitoring temp, humidity, fan speeds, etc. could stress a plant that much. There would be more photons ob a full moon night than from this!
Maybe you can start a journal and do a controlled study with identical clones.
I just cover the lights to rule it out.😀

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Hermaphrodite/ you will get flower but remove it from grow room before it pollinates ur grow.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
For personal use, and considering what's done is done. Smoke it while the next comes in

You will see the pistils shrivel pretty fast on what's pollinated. That's one way to tell what's seeded.

I hesitate to actually use a seed off a plant you know hermied that easy.

As for light leak, some strains care more than others.

The moon is reflected light, so totally different light. Not a good comparison.

Pollen won't last from now till those mature, then you go through another month before flower. People go through lots to try to get it to last. But I'd have to agree, clean between grows... Although I'm doing a perpetual grow, so mines never empty to clean.

Top Bottom