HELP! Can Hydrogen Peroxide Kill mould late in Flower???

• Thread starter SanticaGardens
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SanticaGardens

SanticaGardens

So being away for the Christmas holiday wasn't really around to tend to the garden. Came back and noticed that wet socks type smell which I have smelled before when I caught mould, but I cannot see any signs of mould what so ever, when I pull a fan leaf it doesn't come of easily, looking inside the Budz can't see any signs of mould whatsoever...... But I have noticed the smells from my plants is not as potent and also mixed in with the wet sock smell.

So my solution was to mix a batch of water and hydrogen peroxide and give to every plant in the tent..... Now my question is will that work and will I be able to save my plants?? I am running auto flowers late in Flower, 3 weeks before harvest, grown in Coco mixed with perlite, bottled nutes..... Etc

I have posted a video to describe better

Help can hydrogen peroxide kill mould late in flower
Help can hydrogen peroxide kill mould late in flower 2
Help can hydrogen peroxide kill mould late in flower 3
Help can hydrogen peroxide kill mould late in flower 4
Help can hydrogen peroxide kill mould late in flower 5
Help can hydrogen peroxide kill mould late in flower 6
Homesteader

Homesteader

Don t put milk on your plant. That won't kill any mold but it will feed it. Milk works outdoors with uv from the sun to activate it but it in flower I wouldn't even think about it. Chop any rot and pray

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I wouldn't put peroxide on it, because after it reacts (and does some killing) it's just more water on your plants, encouraging more moldy growth. If you've already done it, I'd break out a dehumidifier and dry things out.

There is a product called Green Cure which is essentially just potassium bicarbonate. Mix it, as directed, and it will kill mold and spores by desiccating them. It also desiccates your white anthers so the plant "looks done," but it isn't. You can spray it very close to harvest.

SanticaGardens

SanticaGardens

I wouldn't put peroxide on it, because after it reacts (and does some killing) it's just more water on your plants, encouraging more moldy growth. If you've already done it, I'd break out a dehumidifier and dry things out.

There is a product called Green Cure which is essentially just potassium bicarbonate. Mix it, as directed, and it will kill mold and spores by desiccating them. It also desiccates your white anthers so the plant "looks done," but it isn't. You can spray it very close to harvest.
Yeah I have my dehumidifier running due to high humidity where I am and thanks for the Advice on the Green Cure, definitely need that.

SanticaGardens

SanticaGardens

yes hydrogen peroxide will kill mold. put straight peroxide on a q-tip and dap the mold. it will foam up like an infected cut. burns the mold right off of your plant.
As I said, I can't see any visible signs at all, just that typical Bothrytis smell and the fact that some of the dense buds are not as dense anymore and they don't smell as potent. What I have done is gave them a plain water & hydrogen feed and just before the lights switched off I also spray them with some water n hydrogen mix

SanticaGardens

SanticaGardens

One thing I do wonder is does mould affect the THC percentage/quality of your bud?? I mean I seem to have caught it on time so hopefully I can still get a really good smoke.

dirtyoldman

dirtyoldman

The plants look great. I don't know why so many people hang onto that old milk thing. It's useless. H202 is like the heavy duty solution you might use if you get a bad infection. I wouldn't be drenching my plants with it just because of a smell. It bleaches them as the solution quickly evaporates. It's really a type of burn because rapid oxidation is taking place. The leaves can yellow. To be effective it has to be applied multiple times and you're bleaching them every time you do that. 1) great ventilation is a must. 2) Prune the foliage to allow air flow. 3) Remove any dead or yellow leaves. Any with spots. I see some growers stupidly allow dead leaves to lay around their grow room. 4) With fungus an ounce of prevention is worth a hundred pounds of cure. If you spray Neem Oil solution on your plants you'll never again have a bad fungus infection. I use a plant-based dish detergent as an emulsifier. Neem prevents fungus spores (and insect eggs) from being able to attach. Since I started using it I haven't seen any rust, black mold, powdery mildew, or any other type of fungus. And I have never, ever had any bug problems. 5) The higher humidity levels recommended by many grow guides are wrong. It's like laying out the welcome mat for fungus. I keep a lower humidity level.

Homesteader

Homesteader

Have you parted and looked inside any of the flowers? Do any of the flowers crumble or smell worse inside?

CaptainKhronik

CaptainKhronik

did you water heavily before you left for holiday? is it in your soil/pots? root-rot? what's your grow media:? ph?

SanticaGardens

SanticaGardens

Have you parted and looked inside any of the flowers? Do any of the flowers crumble or smell worse inside?
Yeah I parted and looked inside nothing, even pulling on some of the leaves.... Still pretty hardy, but that nice potent aroma has gone on some of the main buds. Can't see any obvious signs apart from the smell on some of the buds.

SanticaGardens

SanticaGardens

did you water heavily before you left for holiday? is it in your soil/pots? root-rot? what's your grow media:? ph?
Yeah I did water with at least 20% run off, Im Growing in Coco and my PH is usually 6.4. Now I do have dehumidifiers running in both tents, what I think happened was on one of the tents the Dehumidifier filled up and needed to be emptied which cause the issue. But hopefully in the next few days I will see an improvement.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
The plants look great. I don't know why so many people hang onto that old milk thing. It's useless. H202 is like the heavy duty solution you might use if you get a bad infection. I wouldn't be drenching my plants with it just because of a smell. It bleaches them as the solution quickly evaporates. It's really a type of burn because rapid oxidation is taking place. The leaves can yellow. To be effective it has to be applied multiple times and you're bleaching them every time you do that. 1) great ventilation is a must. 2) Prune the foliage to allow air flow. 3) Remove any dead or yellow leaves. Any with spots. I see some growers stupidly allow dead leaves to lay around their grow room. 4) With fungus an ounce of prevention is worth a hundred pounds of cure. If you spray Neem Oil solution on your plants you'll never again have a bad fungus infection. I use a plant-based dish detergent as an emulsifier. Neem prevents fungus spores (and insect eggs) from being able to attach. Since I started using it I haven't seen any rust, black mold, powdery mildew, or any other type of fungus. And I have never, ever had any bug problems. 5) The higher humidity levels recommended by many grow guides are wrong. It's like laying out the welcome mat for fungus. I keep a lower humidity level.
[/QUOTE
um milk does wonders for plants when used in the right conditions, not with this situation though.

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

The milk thing is science dont knock it, look into LABs. Lets talk bud mold, in my experience you see the tell tale signs on the very oldest calixes, deep with in the bud(they are the largest right at the nodes). It starts as a yellowing calix and then starts to show just the faintest grey spider webs. Now mold is simply a symptom of a bigger problem, it is SYSTEMATIC, meaning if you have visible mold its with your plant and has potential to develop in every large bud. Using peroxide, or vinegar, or sulphur, or milk/LABs is a bandaid, and will never truly dispel mold/mildew. Now sprays working for bud mold? I doubt it, because its not exposed, opening the bud and spraying? Sounds like a real bad idea to me, H202 turns back into water within 24 hours, having milk/labs trapped sounds real bad too, and vinegar even worse. Watering in a diluted solution of H202 will only knock back molds and mildews and bennies in your soil, and within 24 hours will be water and will be up-taken by the plant. And watch out, if you use stronger that 2% you risk burning the hell outta your dirt and plant...So watering h202 will not help....The only real solution? Grow plants with healthy immune systems or Bio war fare, look into actinivate and use for your next run. Now that being said, if your room smells of mold and you do not see it in your buds that would lead me to guess that you have mold growth not in your buds, also i have never seen bud mold so bad it smelled, but have seen mildew do that. Your buds are so small(no offense) that i highly doubt you have bud mold. I would start by looking anywhere water could be trapped underneath your pots or in between plastic and the walls/ground, also if your room is in a room with a sink/shower/hose check your water source. I have been in many a house with a drippy drain pipe and with mold growing beneath the sink. Mildewy washing machine in the garage with it? Also runoff left to sit in the trays smells nasty as hell. Use your nose and track it down, if its coming directly from a plant you may have gotten the stinky sock pheno. If your de humidifiers are stanky you need to clean em with vinny or h202

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

That's the thing, I can't see any bad parts, they are showing no signs of mould but that smell is very distinctive, I have gave them Hydrogen Peroxide so I'm hoping that works.... But apart from that can't see the issue at all.

Hope its food grade peroxide! If not get it.....that medical use crap has a carcinogen as a stabilizer.....lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom