Help diagnose- clones wilted in ez-clone aeroponic

• Thread starter Jumpingspider
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jumpingspider

Jumpingspider

I just got an ez cloner and took some clones. They ALL immediately wilted. The photo is from 18 hours after cutting.

Half are from one plant and the other are from another plant. The ones on the left from plant A were much smaller. The one I the right from plant B were pretty decent size.

did the ones on the left not bounce back because they were too skinny?

RO water with base nutrients at low strength 230ppm ph 5.8 78⁰f pump on all the time with a 15 minute cool down break every 2.5 hours. Air temp between 72⁰-80⁰f and 61-77% RH but mostly staying at 65-70%

Help diagnose  clones wilted in ez clone aeroponic
Last edited:
GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

the smaller ones are obviously gonna show signs quicker, i see some on the right also starting to wilt

strider26554

strider26554

if your not going to use some method of retaining moisture on the plants i would expect a higher than normal loss and i would also either take smaller clones or trim the veg off of the ones youve cut. my best success rates come from using a small plastic tent that i made and keeping rel hum at about 80 % with a cool mist humidifier,,the cool mist humidifier was a game changer for me. I might add that i am a chronic clone killer. this is how i set up my cloning area. its just a steel rack with plastic sheeting i can easily pin back to get fresh air into them and humidifier and a couple of t12's

20220506 120858
Last edited:
GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

im just filling up your thread with no aerocloner experience, but im seeing the more expensive ones do have domes
also im new to cloning but have sofar 100 percent rate using dome at plus 90 rh and spray twice a day no wilting at all

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

a cool mist humidifier,,the cool mist humidifier was a game changer for me.
this would be perfect in this scenarion, run the humi for the first days after taking clone sounds good
edit: u are using the tent as your dome then

Jumpingspider

Jumpingspider

yes and while a dome is close to the plants and keeps them too wet, a tent that is higher up retains the moisture but allows a little breathing,room ,its like a dome just much bigger
These are in a 2x4 tent. Instructions on the Ez cloner say that 50% RH is sufficient

strider26554

strider26554

yes and while a dome is close to the plants and keeps them too wet, a tent that is higher up retains the moisture but allows a little breathing,room ,its like a dome just much bigger
Oh and i might add, if you use peat pots,,i swear by them, tear your holes in the peat pots, big holes ,,,before you use them,, if not young roots will get bound in the peat pots and getting them off will horribly shock the plant, and leaving them on will hinder throughout your grow

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

Oh and i might add, if you use peat pots,,i swear by them, tear your holes in the peat pots, big holes ,,,before you use them,, if not young roots will get bound in the peat pots and getting them off will horribly shock the plant, and leaving them on will hinder throughout your grow
many will argue this. about 2 years ago at the old house i bought 3 gsc clones that where done in pellets with netting left on and grow into trees in the earth

Jumpingspider

Jumpingspider

They are in the EZ-CLONE® Clone Collars which are like sterilized styrofoam

Jumpingspider

Jumpingspider

dont f with the disks its your humidity and the small clones you took
its your first run in the cloner expect a learning curve
yes absolutely a learning curve. Just looking for independent confirmation of what i am seeing with my eyes. It's pretty obvious to me that the cause of the issue was that i jumped the gun on the cuttings.

Now I'm just hoping I didn't mess up the mother too bad.

Top Bottom