Help diagnose- clones wilted in ez-clone aeroponic

• Thread starter Jumpingspider
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
You do not need a dome. Spritz them every once in a while. The left side are not getting aerated/misted. Even my worst snips perk up in aero after 8 hours.

Jumpingspider

Jumpingspider

You do not need a dome. Spritz them every once in a while. The left side are not getting aerated/misted. Even my worst snips perk up in aero after 8 hours.
The left side is absolutely getting sprayed. I pulled one out and it was comical how much sprayed out of the hole. What should i foliar with? just plain RO or some nutrients?

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
dont f with the disks its your humidity and the small clones you took
its your first run in the cloner expect a learning curve
The discs are fine. They come free and work well. It isn’t the size of your cuts either. Did u 45 them all? Rooting hormone?

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
The left side is absolutely getting sprayed. I pulled one out and it was comical how much sprayed out of the hole. What should i foliar with? just plain RO or some nutrients?
Just water. They are getting spritzed but aren’t taking it in. Ya know?

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I use an aero-cloner. You don't need a dome.

If you wait too long on any clone, before getting in water or whatever wet medium you're using, air will be sucked into the xylem of the stem, and the cut is fucked. You just have to start over. If you started on one side and went to the other, then turned on the pump sprayer, that might have happened.

That might not be it, but for some reason, those cuts are not able to supply the leaves with enough water.

BTW, I would cut most of the leaves off, or cut some in half, in your next try. That reduces water needs in the cut.

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
How much of stem is in the machine? Like a really really small amount? It’s the only real issue I’ve had with aero. Too much stem was in the disc and only like 2 inches were getting misted.

Jumpingspider

Jumpingspider

I'm wondering if /when I should just pull the wilted ones. They went in while the machine was on. They got the exact same treatment as the ones on the right except they went in first.

Cut from mother, placed into cup of water, cut 45 and dip and insert into collar and immediately into running cloner.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

so its confirmed lower rh works with ez cloners? doesnt make sense yet. did you spray them atleast
Mine is even lower than @Jumpingspider -- somewhere around 40-45% this time of year.

And you're right, it doesn't make sense, but I try not to argue with reality when it slaps me in the face. For some reason, the cuts can more easily draw in water when it's misted on them.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I'm wondering if /when I should just pull the wilted ones. They went in while the machine was on. They got the exact same treatment as the ones on the right except they went in first.

Cut from mother, placed into cup of water, cut 45 and dip and insert into collar and immediately into running cloner.
People tell me they have better luck with bigger cuts. I'll try that next time.

Top Bottom