• Thread starter StonedBlue
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
StonedBlue

StonedBlue

Disabled Vet
Supporter
Help diagnose
Is this a calcium deficiency? It is happening on two plants. They are a different strain than the others. They are about three weeks old from seed. Grown in Coco under led.

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

3 weeks old seems a little young to have a deficiency like that. It's kinda hard to see what's going on with that light on them. Is it only those lower leaves?

showmegreen

showmegreen

Can't tell much with yer coloring all acid trippin Purdy pinks n purples. Lets git onta tha spectrum them ladies can't see but we do, GREEN. Thatta way im not havin flashbacks. I'm guessin mg- or a critter or ca- possibly.
why do people with led lights...keep taking pics with their lights on....i know off topic...my bad
I like how sum'them say's, " yeah,this plant here only two month old frum seed. Lada-yada, I dunno wa'is wrong. Yada yada" N ya look at Dem picturs an tha lil' lady is six foot tall an years of growin on tha bark! Lol!

Quagmire

Quagmire

Growing in Coco I'd say yes, calmag will be a battle for you constantly and can happen early on.. although by your photos it's hard to tell so a guess from someone who grew in pure coco for years, it's a constant issue.. it could be from heat if your soil is getting to hot too... but most likely you need to start adding a good calmag supplement from week 2..

StonedBlue

StonedBlue

Disabled Vet
Supporter
Thanks. I'll try and get a better pic. I normally check my plants with regular lighting as the colored lights let you miss stuff. I took this moments before my lights went dark and I was in a hurry tho. I've been fortunate. The only thing wrong I've really dealt with is pH lockout and over feeding. Never a deficiency.

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

It looks nice on new growth, looks fixed. Time for a transplant if you see alot of roots when you tip the cup and look down the inside between the dirt and cup.

Junk

Junk

If that's frum seed an only three weeks old? I'm impressed! https://www.thcfarmer.com/community...r-making-nutrient-deficiency-diagnoses.60485/
If that don't work. Necrosis of tha corresponding root system via location density parameters were exceeded. Some constriction on tha roots. So hence forth suffocation ensues.

I was just going to say that!!!!

What seeds are those? 3 weeks old? That's some vigorous growth!

I also agree with whoever posted above that you look ok now. I have this happen a lot when I repot young plants. I think they are just getting used to the new nitrogen levels. My ph is ok etc, so that's what my educated guess is.

StonedBlue

StonedBlue

Disabled Vet
Supporter
Yes it's growing quite fast. (It could also be a little longer, I didn't keep track) I've been experimenting with new fert. I'm using the same stuff for veg and flower. My flower tent just went thru stretch. The green crack went from 15 to 42 inches in just over 10 days. I've grown GC several times but never seen such growth! This is with one gallon pots watering 4 times per day with a total of just under a half gallon total. This is my fert (copied from one of Caps posts)
1) Jacks hydro: 2.7 grams/gal
2) CaNo3: 2.8 grams/gal
3) MKP: 0.2 grams per gallon (Mono-potassium Phosphate)
4) MOST: .005 grams per gallon
5) K2SO4 0-0-50 : 0.5 grams per gallon (Sulfate of Potash)
6) CaCl2: .2 grams/gal (Calcium Chloride)
7) Silica: 5ml/ gal.
8) Epsom salts: 0.5 grams/gal

showmegreen

showmegreen

Never looked at tha potassium sulfate that was bein added to tha nutes @Seamaiden again ma'am ya hit it on tha head. Damn yer good. I'm not wurthy enough to smell a fart ya blew in my direction. You should try growin sometime. Bet you'd be good at it.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Ok, you damn near made me blow my coffee with that one! I might take you up on that suggestion and give growing a try one of these days. :)

@StonedBlue -- you're giving far more K than the plant needs. Drop the KSO4. Also, the CaCl, how are you applying that? To the best of my knowledge it's to be applied as a foliar only. Certainly effective but tricky to use.

StonedBlue

StonedBlue

Disabled Vet
Supporter
I mix my fert in four parts.
I take Silica and put in mason jar with water 190 degrees F. Dissolve and mix into a few gallons of water then add to res.
Then do the same with the Jacks, K2SO4, MKP, MOS. Then with Epson salt and last the CaNO3 and CaCl2
Note; I'm only marginally cognizant of what I'm doing. It is through the posts and info primarily from @Capulator that has directed me so far.
----------------

showmegreen

showmegreen

Lemme get this har str8? Yer using tha sillyca as a medium to contain yer nutes along with being a reservoir fer water? Does silica absorb nutes? Probably not all of em'. Probably not in tha correct structures needed is some also. Bet that could harm them ladies if some 'em majical snakeoils y'all use were to concentrate then release out, on one them silica jelly goo balls. IDK? Never used it. Seen it but never used it. @Seamaiden I don't need ta hear wat you folks out dare do with yer beverages when yas git all excited an twitterpated. So you can keep all that watnot to yerselves. But yeah, fer not knowin nuthin bout plants an tha like, you should try growin fer once. Sounds ta me like ya might wanna step away from yer concrete pond fer a spell. Got ya thinkin unclear like. Man! Coffee? Really?! Never woulda thunk....... Of all people......

Latest posts

Top Bottom