Help Distance With Light

• Thread starter Jordan Hawse
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jordan Hawse

Jordan Hawse

What distance should I have my light from the top of my plant on veg they have been pretty high up I’ve just moved them down to stop stretching

Help distance with light
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Put your hand on the top of the plant and lower the light till it gets kinda warm on the back of your hand.

That’s a good trick, does not work for leds. Start as advised by the manufacturer adjust according to stretch, you can go as close as 12 inches in my experience but they do create heat and you may lose some terpenes if you are too close (even 12” diminshes the smell with my light) but every led is different.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
That’s a good trick, does not work for leds. Start as adviced by the manufacturer adjust according to stretch, you can go as close as 12 inches in my experience but they do create heat and you may lose some terpenes if you are too close (even 12” diminshes the smell with my light) but every led is different.
Ohhh hahaha i thought he was talking about the wing.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I would also make the bulb level, and not way out of alignment. That will the off the light spread. Fix that, before height changes or made.

Planter01

Planter01

@CrimsonEcho . Even though the manufacturer of my LEDs recommends 18" above the plants they did tell me on the phone I could go closer but to watch for burning or bleaching. I find I get no burning at 12" but I have at 11" so that's my goal. Tell me Echo more about diminished smell. I haven't noticed that but I've never given it any thought. Does the diminished scent carry thru to the finished product? Pretty interesting..

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
@CrimsonEcho . Even though the manufacturer of my LEDs recommends 18" above the plants they did tell me on the phone I could go closer but to watch for burning or bleaching. I find I get no burning at 12" but I have at 11" so that's my goal. Tell me Echo more about diminished smell. I haven't noticed that but I've never given it any thought. Does the diminished scent carry thru to the finished product? Pretty interesting..

The one i use heats up the plant if its at 12” or less (i think ir is the culprit) at my first harvest i kept it a little too close as a noob mistake and the top 1-2 inches had less smell and taste compared to the lower parts also they got burned a little. That’s my experience, i think it vaporizes terpenes as a result of heat but every led is different some can be kept closer especially ones without any lenses.

Top Bottom