Help Few Days From Harvest And Found Worms

• Thread starter Joedog
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Joedog

Joedog

Hello I just found this tiny worm, found two more. Can’t see with naked eye, anyone know what it is. Few days from harvest, just got through raining. Thanks

Help few days from harvest and found worms
Madbud

Madbud

Its a caterpillar looking for a way into your bud for lunch and a good crap. Pick through your plant with a dart or skewer and find them quick!

Joedog

Joedog

Its a caterpillar looking for a way into your bud for lunch and a good crap. Pick through your plant with a dart or skewer and find them quick!
Crap! I have BT and thinking of spraying that, directions say you can spray up to and on harvest day for cabbage etc. any thoughts. Thanks

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
You can wash fruits and vegetables to get any residue off. I doubt you plan on washing your buds. Just sayin.

Madbud

Madbud

Most will agree not to spray your plant this close to chop. They’ll drop off when its hanging, just cut out the damage. Did you use the BT earlier?

Joedog

Joedog

Most will agree not to spray your plant this close to chop. They’ll drop off when its hanging, just cut out the damage. Did you use the BT earlier?
No I have not used BT before, had it for my tomatoes, did not have a hornworm problem so I did not open. Here is the punchline, I just went up and sprayed them with a weak solution, so I will try to post what happens or to show that I am not dead. Fingers crossed. I think I will chop a week from this Sunday, will be all sunshine until then. Agent Orange strain, very aromatic. Thanks for your help, just me being me, bull in a china shop.

Joedog

Joedog

You can always soak them in a tub of water before drying. Good luck
I just read on another forum to use the sprayer to “wash” a couple of days before chop, so I am going with that and call it good.

Daikokuten

Daikokuten

I just read on another forum to use the sprayer to “wash” a couple of days before chop, so I am going with that and call it good.
Nothing serious will happen, it's just not healthy or fair to expose others to it. Average street weed is sprayed with all sorts of dumb shit. Not everybody is healthy and able to handle small amounts of toxins like an average person though. That's why it's unfair to sell or give away sprayed shit, but everybody still does it. Money talks. The world is almost entirely psychopathic for money.

MrSinilindin

MrSinilindin

I second the no on spraying, but definitely take these seriously. Some types of caterpillar will bore into the stem nodes and continue feeding on buds during your cure. Their poo causes rot, so you'll need to watch moisture if you rinse them, which I would do if you did spray. Spinosad itself is relatively harmless but the 95.5% of inert materials may not be and there is always some amount of residue. Given how small they are it is a good bet there are many more you are not seeing. Check at nodes for scarring to see if they have bored in.

Depending on the scale of your harvest, you might in fact water cure - immerse the bud stems in water and soak for a couple days before curing. Many may argue against this, but it does not harm resins and can even make for a mellower smoke.

Even better, again, depending on the scale, place the bud stems into a large trash bag, fill this with CO2, and leave for 24 hours. Refill and repeat for a second day. You can suspend branches upside down inside a large roughneck or barrel using a bag as a liner. If these are small plants in pots the whole shebang can go in now, before harvest.

DTG

DTG

Damn Pillars . . .

Don't spray anything on your buds. . . As soon as you spray, your organic cannabis becomes poisoned in-organic street weed . . . Pick through with a needle or something & pick out the Pillars . . .

Kill em all . . . There is a moth trap out there for sale somewhere that will trap the Pillar mommies before they lay eggs on your cannabis . . . Don't know the name of it but Google would probably be your buddy on that . . .

Don.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Damn Pillars . . .

Don't spray anything on your buds. . . As soon as you spray, your organic cannabis becomes poisoned in-organic street weed . . . Pick through with a needle or something & pick out the Pillars . . .

Kill em all . . . There is a moth trap out there for sale somewhere that will trap the Pillar mommies before they lay eggs on your cannabis . . . Don't know the name of it but Google would probably be your buddy on that . . .

Don.

Use spinosad, very effective and won't hurt them or you. Much easier than picking through by hand. Not all pesticides are harmful to organisms they aren't targeting.

Reactions: DTG
DTG

DTG

Ya Smithsjunk,, I get that, I am just not a fan of spraying anything on flowering cannabis no matter how much a manufacturer says it will not harm humans. As much as they might not hurt you, they still probably some kind of fowl residue that may leave an unpleasant taste or aroma. . .

It's just me, I am not a fan of spraying pesticides of any kind during flowering, I will spray a soapy water solution during veg but that is all I ever do & I don't see any bugs usually . . .

I have had the pillars in the past, I would find them by the small ball of silk like thread they leave where they enter the bud, I would squeeze them out & kill them . . .

Good luck . . . I hope you get rid of your Damn Pillars one way or another . . .

Don.

Madbud

Madbud

I’ve found a half dozen in the past week or so. Spot of brown on a bud, pinch it off, if the cats not inside then he’s close by on the bud. Into the pit of misery, my basement bulkhead full of spider webs.

Joedog

Joedog

Thanks for all the knowledge, I am thankful for your help. I am taking all the advice and building my knowledge base, when the season is over I will evaluate my results with your advice and go from there.

Reactions: DTG
Top Bottom