Help First Grow

• Thread starter Fano90
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MW7945

MW7945

I guess I don't necessarily see any amber but in that picture it's nearly impossible to tell what they look like

Fano90

Fano90

Are they at least cloudy?
They are all clear mate no sign of cloudy or amber anywhere :( why I thought they might be root bound? But I'm not too sure, wanted to know if a transplant would perk them up, they are probably going to be fucked anyway, and there are no bugs anywhere neither, perhaps it's not enough nutrients but all the fun of learning eh

MW7945

MW7945

How big are the pots they're currently in? Any reason you vegged for 13 weeks?

MGG Nubie

MGG Nubie

And here's some of the trichormones sorry best photos I could get
This should have been addressed long ago. It's to bad you let the sugar leaves turn on some of the buds. I'd harvest them, especially if the lower leaves on the feeder stem are browned out. That stem needs healthy leaves to feed your buds. Gone is gone. But the other pics I myself would save the strong and smoke the weak. This is me, and these are my plants: Cut the hopeless. Enjoy. Work on the healthy. If the buds leaves are brown spotted and kind of scary looking, they're cut. The plants you end up with should appear to be a candidate for life. Trans plant. I see the big thick legs on these ladies. Something bad happen in this grow. I always jump to mag def. for plants that start to yellow. But you also said you are hanging some nice intense lighting over the top but your not to close at elbow to fingertip. I run closer than that. I lost some plants this grow to being to confident and cooking my girls. I saved 1, smoked 2. It took 3 months of veg and now she's doing good at close to week 7 flower. Do what you know is right. You've said what to do many times. No one needs to confirm what your going to do anyway. You have an awesome first grow. Cut and hanging today you wouldn't be sorry. Cut the weak and grow the strong. You have more grows to come. The more you grow the more you know.
1124161619a
1124161619a
1204161655a

1204161655b
Fano90

Fano90

This should have been addressed long ago. It's to bad you let the sugar leaves turn on some of the buds. I'd harvest them, especially if the lower leaves on the feeder stem are browned out. That stem needs healthy leaves to feed your buds. Gone is gone. But the other pics I myself would save the strong and smoke the weak. This is me, and these are my plants: Cut the hopeless. Enjoy. Work on the healthy. If the buds leaves are brown spotted and kind of scary looking, they're cut. The plants you end up with should appear to be a candidate for life. Trans plant. I see the big thick legs on these ladies. Something bad happen in this grow. I always jump to mag def. for plants that start to yellow. But you also said you are hanging some nice intense lighting over the top but your not to close at elbow to fingertip. I run closer than that. I lost some plants this grow to being to confident and cooking my girls. I saved 1, smoked 2. It took 3 months of veg and now she's doing good at close to week 7 flower. Do what you know is right. You've said what to do many times. No one needs to confirm what your going to do anyway. You have an awesome first grow. Cut and hanging today you wouldn't be sorry. Cut the weak and grow the strong. You have more grows to come. The more you grow the more you know. View attachment 754168 View attachment 754168 View attachment 754170
They look amazing!! I juiced them up on a heavier dose of the picture, and tbh it's the plants are trying to come back already I have green leaves and yesterday I fed them a pretty heavy dose compared to how much I was giving them before, hopefully it is just nutrient deficiencies, worst comes to worst I'll pull it at least I have 3plants that will possibly do pretty well, I also took two clones from the girl skout cookie. The plant that looks like deaf also flowered them straight away hopefully they will come out so much better, my barbets farm peyote cookies looks amazing I'll put so photos of her up to,

Fano90

Fano90

They look amazing!! I juiced them up on a heavier dose of the picture, and tbh it's the plants are trying to come back already I have green leaves and yesterday I fed them a pretty heavy dose compared to how much I was giving them before, hopefully it is just nutrient deficiencies, worst comes to worst I'll pull it at least I have 3plants that will possibly do pretty well, I also took two clones from the girl skout cookie. The plant that looks like deaf also flowered them straight away hopefully they will come out so much better, my barbets farm peyote cookies looks amazing I'll put so photos of her up to,

Fano90

Fano90

The reason I vegged for 13weeks is because I had autoflowers in there and wanted to get the most out of them, actually done very well with them averaged around 5oz each of them!
so vegged a little longer, I know it's pretty late in to try and fix the problem deep down I know what the problems probably are it's just too late for them, I'm going to continue with them for a week or two, possible cut of buds that might be having any issues, but anyway learning is learning and next time will be great! I've topped I've experimented bending the plant and things too so they have been fairly stressed, on my next one I won't experiment, and I know I'm going to do so much better on my next one! Thankyou everyone for your input! But I really do think I can drag these lady's up for 1-2weeks just to try get them buds to fill and them trichimones to turn at least cloudy

Fano90

Fano90

Just to update the reason this happened to me is because the roots outgrew the pot 3galon pot and I was told because of that the roots will find it hard to take in food and slowly die, I have transplanted them will update on here if it was the best choice to do so, all I know is these plants are so forgiving you can do so much with them I experimented like hell on these, now the next one will be better, :) I got this far on my own :)

MW7945

MW7945

Tbh, you're taking effort away from making bud and putting it into expanding the roots now. This is why I grow in coco. A 3 gallon pot is plenty.

Fano90

Fano90

Tbh, you're taking effort away from making bud and putting it into expanding the roots now. This is why I grow in coco. A 3 gallon pot is plenty.
TBH they are looking quite a lot better I'll update some photos in a couple weeks when they are done, proper newbie here! But I'll master it

Leew421

Leew421

I got a huge plant in a 3 gal pot. It's a smart pot so I guess it will depend on what you're in. I got a mom in 3. Massive plant

Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

I have read over your thread. I want to chime in with my 2 cents real fast. I have looked over all of your photos and I see one super main issue. All of your plants look like they are begging for cooler air every time I see photos in your garden. It is a little hard to see because it looks like you have some LED lighting in your space. What are your Temp in your garden really ??

Beware. I can get plants which are over 10 weeks in flower to produce new green stuff if you repot them and feed them heavy on the nuts. They will also load up the Nitrogen in the leaves on you when there is lots of it available. Just because they can do something you need to ask yourself should you. I will post a photo here to show this plant is 51 days into flower on a 9-10 week strain but I am asking myself if I want to cut it down every day at this point. Sometimes plants finish faster than expected. Consider this to be a bonus and learn why they did it so you dont repeat the mistake.

20171102 023310 2

Last thought for you. If you want to be in control of the nuts so much why are you growing in soil?? You should consider going to something like sunshine mix if you feel the need to be in charge of feeding all the time. I suggest going to a pre-built soil and use the standard rule of one gallon per month she will live. Roots Organic makes a decent product as do the guys at Medical Marijuana Mix. I grow in 5 gallon pots for my smaller plants and auto flowers. I grow in 7 gallons for anything I will veg over 7 weeks or so. I get great results with almost nothing but plain tap water ph adjusted. I give them a little bit of Humic Acid, Azomite, and Great White to reinforce the soils micro and macro nutrients and the great white makes sure the microhazium are rocking to feed the roots. All they get is water for all of their lives pretty much. If I see a deficiency somewhere I may attempt to correct it but with soil usually you need to think 2-3 weeks ahead.

Thats all. I hope any of this will help you with future grows. You still look to have some decent smoke coming taste may not be all you would hope for.

Fano90

Fano90

I have read over your thread. I want to chime in with my 2 cents real fast. I have looked over all of your photos and I see one super main issue. All of your plants look like they are begging for cooler air every time I see photos in your garden. It is a little hard to see because it looks like you have some LED lighting in your space. What are your Temp in your garden really ??

Beware. I can get plants which are over 10 weeks in flower to produce new green stuff if you repot them and feed them heavy on the nuts. They will also load up the Nitrogen in the leaves on you when there is lots of it available. Just because they can do something you need to ask yourself should you. I will post a photo here to show this plant is 51 days into flower on a 9-10 week strain but I am asking myself if I want to cut it down every day at this point. Sometimes plants finish faster than expected. Consider this to be a bonus and learn why they did it so you dont repeat the mistake.

View attachment 754596

Last thought for you. If you want to be in control of the nuts so much why are you growing in soil?? You should consider going to something like sunshine mix if you feel the need to be in charge of feeding all the time. I suggest going to a pre-built soil and use the standard rule of one gallon per month she will live. Roots Organic makes a decent product as do the guys at Medical Marijuana Mix. I grow in 5 gallon pots for my smaller plants and auto flowers. I grow in 7 gallons for anything I will veg over 7 weeks or so. I get great results with almost nothing but plain tap water ph adjusted. I give them a little bit of Humic Acid, Azomite, and Great White to reinforce the soils micro and macro nutrients and the great white makes sure the microhazium are rocking to feed the roots. All they get is water for all of their lives pretty much. If I see a deficiency somewhere I may attempt to correct it but with soil usually you need to think 2-3 weeks ahead.

Thats all. I hope any of this will help you with future grows. You still look to have some decent smoke coming taste may not be all you would hope for.
I know where I went wrong with the heat issue, I run the lighting in the day which I now know if I ran it at night it would be cooler. Next one I will switch it a bit. I'll have some good smoke out of it definitely, but I can see they just are not ready to be harvested, yeah some top leafs are yellow and dead but everything else is bouncing back even new green growth out of the buds so she's slowly doing ok! Next time I'm going to try hold off the nutes, as this is my first one and I've had no help from anyone until now, thankyou for your input and I'll definitely have some decent smoke, heat stress might of caused them finish early maybe 24-28 degrees during day one clip fan on the hps light to sweep away the heat, another air circulation fan blowing at the side of the tent not direct on the plants, I have a 100mm intake fan taking in fresh air and either 150-200mm wide extraction fan, a 600w hps light and a 1000w led light, in a 1.2x1.2 x2 mtr tent and 4 plants,

Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

I know where I went wrong with the heat issue, I run the lighting in the day which I now know if I ran it at night it would be cooler. Next one I will switch it a bit. I'll have some good smoke out of it definitely, but I can see they just are not ready to be harvested, yeah some top leafs are yellow and dead but everything else is bouncing back even new green growth out of the buds so she's slowly doing ok! Next time I'm going to try hold off the nutes, as this is my first one and I've had no help from anyone until now, thankyou for your input and I'll definitely have some decent smoke, heat stress might of caused them finish early maybe 24-28 degrees during day one clip fan on the hps light to sweep away the heat, another air circulation fan blowing at the side of the tent not direct on the plants, I have a 100mm intake fan taking in fresh air and either 150-200mm wide extraction fan, a 600w hps light and a 1000w led light, in a 1.2x1.2 x2 mtr tent and 4 plants,
This looks better. I would suggest some air conditioning grab ahold of those temperatures and keep them under control if that's a possibility. Otherwise switching tonight lighting will help you have a little better control of your temperatures. Point your circulation fans right at your plants brother it will help strengthen them and make them able to hold up more weight.

Latest posts

Top Bottom