K

Kells80

Help what’s wrong with my plant? Got a little dry but Im
Wondering if there’s nutrient lock out. Growing in rockwool

Help first time grower problem
Help first time grower problem 2
K

Kamisama

What do u feed them? EC, PH, temp of water.
Seems like magnesium problem.

Also pretty big for such small rockwool.
Isnt something on stem?

wobbleysausage

wobbleysausage

That almost looks like a root rot issue. As the other guy said small cube for a big plant is this in a hydro set up?

K

Kells80

I’m overdo for transplant to coco but that’s another issue. I feed them jacks a,b, at 50% and also use orca, kelp and super thrive. My run off pH is always high- 7.5. Feed at EC of 1.0

nomdeplume

nomdeplume

Round spots that are light in the center with a dark halo around the edge suggests a leaf fungus. Cercospora or septoria. They are ascomycete fungi that thrive in warm humid DIRTY climates... so you can do yourself a favor by being OCD about cleanliness. Cut it off and destroy it. You could use a fungicide, some type of copper mixture or there is a bacillus that acts as a naturally occurring fungicide that I can neither pronounce or spell. Sometimes fungal disease is seed borne and you need to start fresh, clean seeds.

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

This plant is pretty young to have P.H related calcium deficiency and I don't see it being a fungal infection as described above. After looking at the overall plant. From what I can see there is a bit of bubbling on the leaf surfaces including new growth, and the leaf sides are rolling under. A few white blotches point me toward light stress. I believe that this was a light burn back as a seedling the plant has decided to clean up. No action required, the plant is looking after itself.

What do you have for a light? How far above the plant top is the light now?
If the light has a dial what power setting is it set at?

Tip burning.
When you feed, flush water very well. Your rock wool is loaded with salt from a past feed.
Soak the plant until solution is running out the bottom. Give her at least 2 cups more. It can't get any wetter.

Then let the pot dry out before watering again. Then flush water again as described. This will clean up your tips as well.

Last edited:
wobbleysausage

wobbleysausage

I’m overdo for transplant to coco but that’s another issue. I feed them jacks a,b, at 50% and also use orca, kelp and super thrive. My run off pH is always high- 7.5. Feed at EC of 1.0
I've had dark splotches like that from root issues but I'm not a rock wool user. Do they retain moisture a lot?

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Usually in rockwool that is a signal the the ambient rh is too high, not the whole room, but more acutely right in the planting area.
Just a couple of cents.
👊🏻

K

Kells80

This plant is pretty young to have P.H related calcium deficiency and I don't see it being a fungal infection as described above. After looking at the overall plant. From what I can see there is a bit of bubbling on the leaf surfaces including new growth, and the leaf sides are rolling under. A few white blotches point me toward light stress. I believe that this was a light burn back as a seedling the plant has decided to clean up. No action required, the plant is looking after itself.

What do you have for a light? How far above the plant top is the light now?
If the light has a dial what power setting is it set at?

Tip burning.
When you feed, flush water very well. Your rock wool is loaded with salt from a past feed.
Soak the plant until solution is running out the bottom. Give her at least 2 cups more. It can't get any wetter.

Then let the pot dry out before watering again. Then flush water again as described. This will clean up your tips as well.
Have lights in grow tent and I’ve been checking the par and it’s 230-250

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
lThese circles areas don’t look like any nutrient issue I’ve ever seen.
I’m 99.999999% sure it’s a pretty ad fungus gnat situation.

Your pic with damage circled.

And a search result photo I read into.

IMG 4471
IMG 4472
G

GreenNotYellow

could be but I'd say phosphorous deficiency as well. But indeed you should probably cut the damaged leaves as well and check the soil and water

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
could be but I'd say phosphorous deficiency as well. But indeed you should probably cut the damaged leaves as well and check the soil and water
Phos eh? Little early for a plant demand in that dept,
I have a couple few things,
Water tox or dampining high rh at rockwools direct area
Gnats
Fungus.
If anything at that stage of life the green fade could be attributed to a bunch of things. Mainly n or mag
Imbalance in nutrition caused transpiration to slow and now the plant is still being fed the same frequency of nutes, start to get a
Pile up of issues. It’s a lot to consider.
if I’m wrong, hey, that’s aaaaight. Couple few variables to knock off the list. I still want to see the grow area and other cutting tho. That Will tell me a shit load

Top Bottom