help! first time grower with a problem at the 10th week

• Thread starter Luzy10
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
freezeland2

freezeland2

you guys are the best. I'm overwhelmed with the support I get here! thank you all!
I got a bag of recharge (arriving tomorrow) and will feed them ASAP.
Today I gave them 1L of Molasses.
I'll keep y'all posted
thanks again
Just remember what damage has been done is done. The leafs will never look better than they look right now, but you are growing flower now not leafs. Learn from this and apply the lesson learned next grow.

Luzy10

Luzy10

Just remember what damage has been done is done. The leafs will never look better than they look right now, but you are growing flower now not leafs. Learn from this and apply the lesson learned next grow.
yea, I figured the first grow won't be the nicest. I'm keeping a grow-diary with LOTS of lessons.. thank you!

Luzy10

Luzy10

hi everyone

I'm growing a Gelato autoflower organicallty, and I'm at week 10 (day 71) and I see what seems to be a difficency in my plant..
I might be wrong as I'm a first time grower.
I planted in 5gl of FF (frog and OF) and fed it twice so far: week 4 and week 7
first feed:
  • 5 tblsp of Dr Earth
  • 5 tblsp of 4-4-4 all purpose
  • 20 tblsp of earthworm casting
second feed:
  • 7 tbsp of Dr. Earth bloom
  • 3 tbsp of 4-4-4 Gaia all purpose
  • 20 tbsp of earthworm casting
I didn't feed more because I thought I'll harvest by week 10.. maybe it was a mistake?
I also have a CO2 bag there and kept the humidity in good shape (70-80% during seedling, 70% during veg, slowing going down to 40% for flower)
overall the temp was pretty high so far in the tent, around 77-80F / 26-27C.

Any idea what can cause this? what is the problem, and how can I solve it? if it's not too late?
ok, I just gave each plant 1L with 1G of Recharge.
My question is: should I feed it anything else? dry/wet? I got a bottle of organic CalMag that's suppose to arrive in a few days, and I have some dry amendments and earthworm castings.
Also - when should I give them Recharge again? the bag says every 7-10 days, but in the girls' condition, should I do it more often?

thanks again!

L

Loudtreefarms

My question is: should I feed it anything else? dry/wet? I got a bottle of organic CalMag that's suppose to arrive in a few days, and I have some dry amendments and earthworm castings.
Also - when should I give them Recharge again? the bag says every 7-10 days, but in the girls' condition, should I do it more often?

thanks again!
I’m sure you will get tons of different opinions here but . I would wait on feeding more recharge. Just wait and see what happens. They should spark back in 48 hours.
Small changes are best…. Plus that how you figure out what exactly worked in a certain situation.
So I feed cal mag all the time inside outside greenhouse doesn’t matter-from the beginning. I reign it back in towards mid flower. Your kinda playing catch up a little bit now so don’t go crazy just make em happy.
Most dry nutes will not have enough time at this point to be absorbed broken down and applied to the plant. FYI I love the crab meal during this stage. Build that chitin in your soil. But should have been applied earlier.
earth worm casting are bomb in my opinion you can’t ever really over do them. U could lay a nice little 1/2 inch layer on there or a dusting of it.
watch that recharge I bet u see a major turn around and u moved lights ect. So I see less stress for them coming up.

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

There are ways to give your plant what it needs without resorting to bottled nutrients.
1 L water. Boil a few eggs in it. Eat the eggs and save the water. This is calcium enriched water.
Add to the calcium water. 1 TSP Epsom salts. This is Iron and Magnesium.
This is a great foliage spray. Or you can just water with it.

Burned Cucumber skins are very high in Potassium and Phosphorous. Peal a cucumber. Dry the skin and burn them in a little tray.
Add the ash to you potting soil. Put ash in your top dressing as well.
Gypsum is calcium sulfate but takes time to break down in the soil.
Tea as in a tea bag is a very good Nitrogen source.

The problem you face with auto flowers is the short grow cycle. You need to have your soil enriched ahead of time as you just don't have 2 years for egg shells to break down and release there calcium into the soil. If your going to grow organically your going to need a highly enriched soil to plant in. And Nurtients that are water so liable in your top dressing so the plant can utilize them right away. You need to make sure your soil has the correct bacteria as well. No use giving the soil molasses if there are no living bacteria to eat it. I'm thinking that you did a pretty good job for a first try. Give yourself a pat on the back. Hit youtube and study growing organically. Check out how to grow your own bacteria for your soil. It may take a few grows before you get it dialed in but if you work away at it you will be rewarded with great smoke. All the best.
Ron.

freezeland2

freezeland2

thanks again!
Earthworm castings as a top dress. Watch the plant to get happy from the recharge. I’d wait about 10 - 14 days before another recharge tea.

L

Loudtreefarms

There are ways to give your plant what it needs without resorting to bottled nutrients.
1 L water. Boil a few eggs in it. Eat the eggs and save the water. This is calcium enriched water.

Burned Cucumber skins are very high in Potassium and Phosphorous. Peal a cucumber. Dry the skin and burn them in a little tray.

The problem you face with auto flowers is the short grow cycle. You need to have your soil enriched ahead of time as you just don't have 2 years for egg shells to break down and release there calcium into the soil. If your going to grow organically your going to need a highly enriched soil to plant in. And Nurtients that are water so liable in your top dressing so the plant can utilize them right away. You need to make sure your soil has the correct bacteria as well. No use giving the soil molasses if there are no living bacteria to eat it. I'm thinking that you did a pretty good job for a first try. Give yourself a pat on the back. Hit youtube and study growing organically. Check out how to grow your own bacteria for your soil. It may take a few grows before you get it dialed in but if you work away at it you will be rewarded with great smoke. All the best.
Ron.
With the amount of beneficial microbes, bacteria, mycrorizaye , L-amino ect. in recharge you should be giving this to your plant it’s entire life and is way more powerful and beneficial than some other methods. But there are several ways to skin a cat. I also feed heavy with a high brix molasses tea all the time. I do agree that the soil was lacking enough food to last 10 weeks with only 2 feeds, but fuck that’s why we’re all growing to learn and grow better next time. So like I have said good job and just give em love

Luzy10

Luzy10

Ron.
thanks buddy, appreciate it! I'm here to learn and grow :)

Luzy10

Luzy10

With the amount of beneficial microbes, bacteria, mycrorizaye , L-amino ect. in recharge you should be giving this to your plant it’s entire life and is way more powerful and beneficial than some other methods. But there are several ways to skin a cat. I also feed heavy with a high brix molasses tea all the time. I do agree that the soil was lacking enough food to last 10 weeks with only 2 feeds, but fuck that’s why we’re all growing to learn and grow better next time. So like I have said good job and just give em love
thank you!

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Ya!

L

Loudtreefarms

Another thing - unlike most if not all no till organic farmers I do still run an organic grow and bloom nutrient out of the bottle. A lot of my friends ferment and only apply nutrients to their plants that they make, establish, farm on their own farms and do not buy a single thing from any grow shop. Well I love it, I just feel more comfortable throwing a few bottles at my plants and they love it. I run age old organics in all of my crops, never had issues and had great results so why not ? U can still be organic no till and run a badass bottle OMRI listed line. That will take care of your issues, micro, macro, def. ect…And yea i get the rebuttal that something not farmed on your own land and introduced to your plants is not organic but… my farm has had great results with this process. Minimal bit precise

D1E2B7DC D01B 495E B7B6 1416CEDDBD74
DAEA2DC2 808A 4A89 A6CD 74D9D33CB0FC
386F0F1A 9D86 47A0 ACF3 0B93CA7E33BC
60D3A5A5 183F 49B9 BF6E DC3E9829C7BD
20AF35D2 0D58 4A47 B325 D94B35579311
Luzy10

Luzy10

Update:
48 hours after I used Recharge, this is how to girls look like.
They seem to be a little better, the yellowing of the flowers stopped spreading and some of it actually got better, greener.
What do you think?
Here's how they look now (see attached images. Critical x Cream Cheese on the left, Gelato on the right)

I started week #11 yesterday, and gave them 1.25 cups of earthworm casting.
I feed them 1L of PH'd water every day. the average temp in the tent is around 80-82F with 40% RH)
Roughly 25-35% of pistils are orange.

What do you guys think?
What's the next thing I should do?

thanks a lot!

Nov13A
Nov13B
Nov13C
Luzy10

Luzy10

Actually, I think they might be ready...
I just took a few pictures up close of both the CxC and the Gelato.
what do you think?

CXc  2021 11 14 094937
CXc 2021 11 14 094934
CXc 2021 11 14 095020
CXc 2021 11 14 095022
CXc 2021 11 14 095028
CXc 2021 11 14 095029
CXc 2021 11 14 095039
CXc 2021 11 14 095056
Gelato 2021 11 14 095123
Gelato 2021 11 14 095134
Gelato 2021 11 14 095136
Gelato 2021 11 14 095146
Gelato 2021 11 14 095148
Gelato 2021 11 14 095221
GanjaFarmer24

GanjaFarmer24

Actually, I think they might be ready...
I just took a few pictures up close of both the CxC and the Gelato.
what do you think?
Noo, still far too many tall white hairs. They need to get curly and fewer new whites emerging. No harm in letting them grow.

Also, harvesting right after feeding will give you harsh smoke. Give it a couple weeks, autos will regularly go 90 days from seed to harvest.

Brotofsky

Brotofsky

I’m not an auto grower…..yet, but perhaps from the lack of feeding your are experiencing slower maturity. You definitely have time on the girls. They look like a few more weeks.

Rebeccalovato777

Rebeccalovato777

hi everyone

I'm growing a Gelato autoflower organicallty, and I'm at week 10 (day 71) and I see what seems to be a difficency in my plant..
I might be wrong as I'm a first time grower.
I planted in 5gl of FF (frog and OF) and fed it twice so far: week 4 and week 7
first feed:
  • 5 tblsp of Dr Earth
  • 5 tblsp of 4-4-4 all purpose
  • 20 tblsp of earthworm casting
second feed:
  • 7 tbsp of Dr. Earth bloom
  • 3 tbsp of 4-4-4 Gaia all purpose
  • 20 tbsp of earthworm casting
I didn't feed more because I thought I'll harvest by week 10.. maybe it was a mistake?
I also have a CO2 bag there and kept the humidity in good shape (70-80% during seedling, 70% during veg, slowing going down to 40% for flower)
overall the temp was pretty high so far in the tent, around 77-80F / 26-27C.

Any idea what can cause this? what is the problem, and how can I solve it? if it's not too late?
I would definitely say nutrients were more needed it’s all about learning I did that my first grow only got one plant! Your next grow will be much better next time I would go with nutrients for growing weed only there different and are different ratios at different stages! I noticed you used 4-4-4 the whole time! I seen worm castings I just add to soil in beginning! Use good soils such as Mother Earth absolutely amazing stuff! Also give a little bone meal to bottom of soil before planting seeds!

Top Bottom