Help first time grower

• Thread starter JulianY413
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok that light is about 115watts. Will cover about a 2x2 area. I would keep it around 16-18" above the top of the plant. For a 12/12 light cycle and maybe 20-24" if on 18/6 light cycle. With both switches on

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

This cool temps causing slow uptake has mainly is due to the fact that cooler water is thicker than warm water? As long as the ph is near neutral? Ive noticed the colder wateris the more resistance it has when stirred. Now the lower the ph is it does the same thing, seems as if its thinner when warm or low ph like 4. I found this out when i was reducing alkalinity with P acid...it brought the ph down from 7.8 to 4.3. It felt thinner...maybe im wrong

JulianY413

JulianY413

Ok that light is about 115watts. Will cover about a 2x2 area. I would keep it around 16-18" above the top of the plant. For a 12/12 light cycle and maybe 20-24" if on 18/6 light cycle. With both switches on
Both switches on for both light cycles ?

JulianY413

JulianY413

This cool temps causing slow uptake has mainly is due to the fact that cooler water is thicker than warm water? As long as the ph is near neutral? Ive noticed the colder wateris the more resistance it has when stirred. Now the lower the ph is it does the same thing, seems as if its thinner when warm or low ph like 4. I found this out when i was reducing alkalinity with P acid...it brought the ph down from 7.8 to 4.3. It felt thinner...maybe im wrong
I just started growing and I’m not too sure on how to pH my water and I don’t do it currently, is it super integral growing ?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Both switches on for both light cycles ?
Yes both on all the time.
I just started growing and I’m not too sure on how to pH my water and I don’t do it currently, is it super integral growing ?
In a buffered peat mix no need unless adding silica which you aren't. The peat will buffer the PH.

Yeah
I dont think it affect the absorption like PH but more so the transportation of the nutrients because of the decreased transpiration rates. Could be as you say though the viscosity of the sap.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

I tried editing but i didnt look back at grammar and context..lmfao that makes little sense what i typed..

My thinking is the colder the moister in the pot is the more resistance that moisture jas. Therefore the slow uptake? Water is thinner when warm thicker when cool. Resistane/viscosity is halved from 20 c to 50c. Something like that.(not that we would water with 50c water) Seems the warmer water is the more readily its brought up in to the plant?

Now a lower ph will thin water as well...leats thats what happened when i used P acid to lower alk. Straight city water ph 7.8 felt more resistance than ph 4.3. The 4.3 got pretty thin...it was weird..never seen that before...

You comment just had me thinking a bit...

Grow on gents!

XxHammer

XxHammer

Where did you get those, and how much does it cost? My plant is already in flower so could I just start out with the bloom one?

I got all that stuff at my local hydroponics store. The guys there are super helpful at my shop.

And yeah, I bought my setup before I did enough research. I will likely rely on the FFOF soil for nutes during Veg and then introduce liquid nutes into the water in the Flower stage also. MAYBE at the very end of the Veg stage depending on how long I decide to Veg and how the plants are looking.

Dankbnk

Dankbnk

You got too ph your water it look like pH problems easy fix flush well with 6.0 water and test the run off after the run off should read 6.0 after flush and start pH it every watering is must great first time tho 🤟🏼🤟🏼🤟🏼🤟🏼 keep it green bro

JulianY413

JulianY413

Yes both on all the time.

In a buffered peat mix no need unless adding silica which you aren't. The peat will buffer the PH.

Yeah
I dont think it affect the absorption like PH but more so the transportation of the nutrients because of the decreased transpiration rates. Could be as you say though the viscosity of the sap.
Okay thanks so much, sorry for the late response work and stuff, but i raised the light and started turning both of them on, and I fed it some used coffee grounds for a little food until my fertilizer comes in

JulianY413

JulianY413

I tried editing but i didnt look back at grammar and context..lmfao that makes little sense what i typed..

My thinking is the colder the moister in the pot is the more resistance that moisture jas. Therefore the slow uptake? Water is thinner when warm thicker when cool. Resistane/viscosity is halved from 20 c to 50c. Something like that.(not that we would water with 50c water) Seems the warmer water is the more readily its brought up in to the plant?

Now a lower ph will thin water as well...leats thats what happened when i used P acid to lower alk. Straight city water ph 7.8 felt more resistance than ph 4.3. The 4.3 got pretty thin...it was weird..never seen that before...

Grow on gents!

Grow on gents!
Thank you so much for the clarification I can be a little slow sometimes, but makes perfect sense, I’ve been trying to get the temp up it’s been at around 70 steadily now

JulianY413

JulianY413

I got all that stuff at my local hydroponics store. The guys there are super helpful at my shop.

And yeah, I bought my setup before I did enough research. I will likely rely on the FFOF soil for nutes during Veg and then introduce liquid nutes into the water in the Flower stage also. MAYBE at the very end of the Veg stage depending on how long I decide to Veg and how the plants are looking.
Awesome, I went to my local shop but they didn’t have any so I got some online, they weren’t too bad price wise but looking forward to see how it goes!

JulianY413

JulianY413

You got too ph your water it look like pH problems easy fix flush well with 6.0 water and test the run off after the run off should read 6.0 after flush and start pH it every watering is must great first time tho 🤟🏼🤟🏼🤟🏼🤟🏼 keep it green bro
Awesome thank you so much, I think I’m definitely going to be ph-ing my water I’m not too sure how the strips work but that’s what I ordered, how to you fix it if it’s too low or high? And thanks man! And super nervous for the harvest just hope everything goes well!

G

Gammagoat

JulianY413, not trying to an ass but take the advice your given and then read up on it. You've gotten some conflicting advice here. Verify, question, confirm.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Read this as it explains why ph in a buffered media is pointless. An unbuffered media absolutely needs to be but this is not your case. Can't count the number of times I see ph question why the runoff ph doesn't match the input ph

If you have questions after I'll will give you and answer and my reason for it.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Doesn't work that way.

XxHammer

XxHammer

Awesome thank you so much, I think I’m definitely going to be ph-ing my water I’m not too sure how the strips work but that’s what I ordered, how to you fix it if it’s too low or high? And thanks man! And super nervous for the harvest just hope everything goes well!
ANutrients

The stuff on the Left is pH UP and pH DOWN... It really is that simple.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Grow on gents!

Clear up viscosity..lil misinfo here i gave...lol

viscosity refers to substances that are thin, such as water, while high viscosity substances are thick. An example of a high viscosity liquid is syrup.

the resistance part is meant to say the wamer the water the least resistance, colder, more resistance.

Just wanted to clarify

Top Bottom