Help gaia green amendments soil was pre amended

• Thread starter Masimike88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Masimike88

Masimike88

I’m using Gaia green all purpose 4-4-4 and power bloom, ph my water to 6.3 is my ph level every feeding. I hit them with recharge once a week I’m in a 3 gallon pot and I keep getting this deficiency my soil ph if 6.5-6.6 wen I measure run off..my question is did I give it enough Gaia green I jus added what the Gaia jar said to put per gallon..please grow more help me learn don’t try to kill me my first time growing..I watered them since will update new photo once I get home thanks in advance..

Help gaia green amendments soil was pre amended
Help gaia green amendments soil was pre amended 2
C

climbit

The drooping in both pictures suggest to me you’ve been overwatering. The overwatering can throw things off, I don’t want to get too specific, but it can essentially hinder the plants ability to uptake nutrients. Wait for other opinions. How often do you water bro.

ccoki

ccoki

Seems nutrient hot as well as something going on with watering. Looking at the soil this is not the texture you want this is the texture that doesn't allow for my plants, specifically autos to breathe. This is organic? Keep piling on organic matter of different kinds lasagna style.! Mulches and such

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I’m using Gaia green all purpose 4-4-4 and power bloom,
Power Bloom isn't needed until the plants are near flowering stage. Stop using it and we can talk about how to use it when the time comes.

ph my water to 6.3 is my ph level every feeding.
Adjusting water pH isn't needed with organic nutrients unless there's a severe problem. Most utility water is already conditioned and fine for use with plants.

I hit them with recharge once a week
Regular use of recharge is not needed. It contains microbes that will reproduce. It's not a nutrient.

I’m in a 3 gallon pot and I keep getting this deficiency
I don't think it's a deficiency problem. I believe the soil is too hot and what you're seeing is probably nutrient burn.

my soil ph if 6.5-6.6 wen I measure run off..
Sounds okay, but pH is only a cause for concern when using synthetic nutrients. Organic growers rarely think about pH.

my question is did I give it enough Gaia green
No. You gave it too much. I wait to add All Purpose till the plants are established and showing active growth. Young plants don't have the ability to use a lot of nutrients. So, start slowly.

I jus added what the Gaia jar said to put per gallon..
How much did you use? I use 3 tablespoons per gallon of soil.

please grow more help me learn don’t try to kill me my first time growing..I watered them since will update new photo once I get home thanks in advance..
Lots of growers here are happy to help. Here are a few suggestions:

I would just use plain water for a while and let the soil dry well between waterings.

I might lower the light intensity for a while to decrease the stress on the plant. What is the light setting now and how far is the light from the plants?

By the way, what did you use for your soil?

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
I’m using Gaia green all purpose 4-4-4 and power bloom, ph my water to 6.3 is my ph level every feeding. I hit them with recharge once a week I’m in a 3 gallon pot and I keep getting this deficiency my soil ph if 6.5-6.6 wen I measure run off..my question is did I give it enough Gaia green I jus added what the Gaia jar said to put per gallon..please grow more help me learn don’t try to kill me my first time growing..I watered them since will update new photo once I get home thanks in advance..
Can you give exact soil type, / soil / amendment measurements you mixed

Masimike88

Masimike88

The drooping in both pictures suggest to me you’ve been overwatering. The overwatering can throw things off, I don’t want to get too specific, but it can essentially hinder the plants ability to uptake nutrients. Wait for other opinions. How often do you water bro.
I usually water according to how heavy the pot feels.usually every two days, I figured that be why so I moved to every three. They was watered since and looks fine except the yellowing in my older leaves. The plants are bigger n healthier but the older leaves are turning on me still

Masimike88

Masimike88

Seems nutrient hot as well as something going on with watering. Looking at the soil this is not the texture you want this is the texture that doesn't allow for my plants, specifically autos to breathe. This is organic? Keep piling on organic matter of different kinds lasagna style.! Mulches and such
It’s hp pro mix with ewc

C

climbit

I usually water according to how heavy the pot feels.usually every two days, I figured that be why so I moved to every three. They was watered since and looks fine except the yellowing in my older leaves. The plants are bigger n healthier but the older leaves are turning on me still
I recommend the every three days. Oxygen in the root zone = good. As far as actually watering the plant goes. I would water outside going in. So water the outer edges of the pot firstly / evenly then finish off at the center. This will encourage the roots to spread and “look” for the water also tapping into amended soil.

Masimike88

Masimike88

Power Bloom isn't needed until the plants are near flowering stage. Stop using it and we can talk about how to use it when the time comes.

Adjusting water pH isn't needed with organic nutrients unless there's a severe problem. Most utility water is already conditioned and fine for use with plants.

Regular use of recharge is not needed. It contains microbes that will reproduce. It's not a nutrient.

I don't think it's a deficiency problem. I believe the soil is too hot and what you're seeing is probably nutrient burn.

Sounds okay, but pH is only a cause for concern when using synthetic nutrients. Organic growers rarely think about pH.

No. You gave it too much. I wait to add All Purpose till the plants are established and showing active growth. Young plants don't have the ability to use a lot of nutrients. So, start slowly.

I would just use plain water for a while and let the soil dry well between waterings.

I might lower the light intensity for a while to decrease the stress on the plant. What is the light setting now and how far is the light from the plants?

I got the light on auto so it puts it at 10 idk if that changes things it’s about 32 inch from the top of my plants I’m using hp pro mix with ewc….nothing else but Gaia green and recharge..so I shouldn’t ph the water and jus run regular water to fix? Btw thank you bro for takin time to explain ya input is well respected n appreciated

C

climbit

It’s always best to undershoot when feeding. I think the Gia green’s all purpose recommendation is like 3 tbsps per gallon. I can’t possibly perceive the world as you do but in my inexperienced opinion that seems like a bit much. You can always add, you can’t take away right?

Masimike88

Masimike88

I used 3tbsp per gallon which now your info helped no bloom jus all purpose 4-4-4v

Masimike88

Masimike88

Can you give exact soil type, / soil / amendment measurements you mixed
Hp pro mix with microrizae…70/30 with the three table spoon per gallon..but I might of fudged up adding bloom thinking both was needed for veg smh…effin newby lol

C

climbit

I got the light on auto so it puts it at 10 idk if that changes things it’s about 32 inch from the top of my plants I’m using hp pro mix with ewc….nothing else but Gaia green and recharge..so I shouldn’t ph the water and jus run regular water to fix? Btw thank you bro for takin time to explain ya input is well respected n appreciated
I wouldn’t just completely ignore pH. Test your water from the tap and if it’s within 7.00 you could, could being the subjective word here, leave it and it should buffer out. Not sure if the pro mix has that feature or if it’s just limited to certain brand soils. I need my peace of mind and part it comes from knowing my water is within range.

Masimike88

Masimike88

I wouldn’t just completely ignore pH. Test your water from the tap and if it’s within 7.00 you could, could being the subjective word here, leave it and it should buffer out. Not sure if the pro mix has that feature or if it’s just limited to certain brand soils. I need my peace of mind and part it comes from knowing my water is within range.
My water tap comes out like a 7.3 wouldn’t I have to ph the flush anyway but you did say organically you don’t need to correct, does that exclude ph the water

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter

I have to disagree about ph for tap water. There are some nasty tap waters out there, people who claim this typically have great tap water. It can get quite nasty, my ph is almost 8 out of the tap with almost 200ppm. So make sure you have good tap water AND it stays that way before abandoning the ph for water. Other parts I agree with

C

climbit

My water tap comes out like a 7.3 wouldn’t I have to ph the flush anyway but you did say organically you don’t need to correct, does that exclude ph the water
I recommend pH ing your water. Some people don’t. My water from the tap is like fucking 10.00 out the tap so I def pH. I’ve never personally flushed but yeah I would generally assume in good conscience using pH adjusted water is best. But I’m not so sure a flush is what you want or need. I’m legit a super new grower, still on my first run. I recommend dialing your watering down. Your plant isn’t big so it hasn’t occupied the entire medium. Saturating the entire pot, at this stage is not helpful. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

Masimike88

Masimike88

I recommend pH ing your water. Some people don’t. My water from the tap is like fucking 10.00 out the tap so I def pH. I’ve never personally flushed but yeah I would generally assume in good conscience using pH adjusted water is best. But I’m not so sure a flush is what you want or need. I’m legit a super new grower, still on my first run. I recommend dialing your watering down. Your plant isn’t big so it hasn’t occupied the entire medium. Saturating the entire pot, at this stage is not helpful. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.
So my run off is usually 6.3-6.5 should I ph a lil lower with the water I’m going to
These are what they look like now I took the faded fan leafs off and you can see a lil Nute burn from yall opinions…I got to correct this first time growing and it’s stressing me lmaoo

IMG 0527
IMG 0528
LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I have to disagree about ph for tap water. There are some nasty tap waters out there, people who claim this typically have great tap water. It can get quite nasty, my ph is almost 8 out of the tap with almost 200ppm. So make sure you have good tap water AND it stays that way before abandoning the ph for water. Other parts I agree with
Well... I did say "unless there's a severe problem." A pH close to 8.0 could be a problem and a water analysis might be helpful. I've tested mine and it has been stable at 7.6. The pH at that level hasn't been a problem for my plants as far as I can tell. An analysis should tell what is in the water to drive up the pH.

Testing water can be helpful if there's a problem that can't be explained by other factors. So, I wouldn't advise against testing tap water. I just believe it's uncommon for pH to be a problem for organic growing, so testing water wouldn't be the first thing I'd do. In most cases, microbes in mutualistic symbiosis with the plant will solve that problem for us. Most commercial soils also have pH buffers.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Well... I did say "unless there's a severe problem." A pH close to 8.0 could be a problem and a water analysis might be helpful. I've tested mine and it has been stable at 7.6. The pH at that level hasn't been a problem for my plants as far as I can tell. An analysis should tell what is in the water to drive up the pH.

Testing water can be helpful if there's a problem that can't be explained by other factors. So, I wouldn't advise against testing tap water. I just believe it's uncommon for pH to be a problem for organic growing, so testing water wouldn't be the first thing I'd do. In most cases, microbes in mutualistic symbiosis with the plant will solve that problem for us. Most commercial soils also have pH buffers.
I was just trying to say that everyone should do a initial and then once in a while ph to make sure the tap is still OK imo. Also for example if your water is full of sodium for instance that can be an issue. The reason i figured out my situation was to ph and wow that was high, so i looked into it and in my situation and i can just filter the water well and it fixed it for me. I know of people who have to use RH, enough that I don't dismiss it.
Most water reports can be found on the municipalities websites these days. But I also think a lot more people have bad tap water than you realize. Just pushing back so people keep it in mind not to just trust their tap water
have a good night ✌

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I was just trying to say that everyone should do a initial and then once in a while ph to make sure the tap is still OK imo. Also for example if your water is full of sodium for instance that can be an issue. The reason i figured out my situation was to ph and wow that was high, so i looked into it and in my situation and i can just filter the water well and it fixed it for me. I know of people who have to use RH, enough that I don't dismiss it.
Most water reports can be found on the municipalities websites these days. But I also think a lot more people have bad tap water than you realize. Just pushing back so people keep it in mind not to just trust their tap water
have a good night ✌
You're right, in general. I was focusing on the OP's issues. This isn't a thread about water quality. You're quite correct that some dissolved substances can be bad. I do believe that most water utilities raise the pH above 7.0 to avoid leaching toxic substances from the pipes and surrounding soil. Acidic water may be nice for plants, but is bad for people when pipes have lead content, for example. So, yes, test or get an analysis if there are concerns. Just remember that slightly alkaline water may be okay.

Latest posts

Top Bottom