Help gaia green amendments soil was pre amended

• Thread starter Masimike88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
You're right, in general. I was focusing on the OP's issues. This isn't a thread about water quality. You're quite correct that some dissolved substances can be bad. I do believe that most water utilities raise the pH above 7.0 to avoid leaching toxic substances from the pipes and surrounding soil. Acidic water may be nice for plants, but is bad for people when pipes have lead content, for example. So, yes, test or get an analysis if there are concerns. Just remember that slightly alkaline water may be okay.
That's fair, I did get a little into the weeds.
Fir years I actually grew with my tap water outdoors and never had a real problem until probably 3 years ago and even then they grew just not great.
Anyways I appreciate the discussion, I always end up learning something ✌

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
watered too frequently and light too close raise it to 36 or so inches and relax on the watering, probably more like every 5 days,..

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
That's fair, I did get a little into the weeds.
Fir years I actually grew with my tap water outdoors and never had a real problem until probably 3 years ago and even then they grew just not great.
Anyways I appreciate the discussion, I always end up learning something ✌
Thanks. I also appreciate discussion and learning. You made some excellent points.

Latest posts

Top Bottom