Help! Heat stress?

• Thread starter CannaMom48
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CannaMom48

CannaMom48

Help! I noticed today some of our girls are
Looking a little crunchy... my thoughts are heat stress? Our home currently has no AC we have a couple fans going to circulate the air but it’s still getting up to 85 In there. Is this indeed heat stress or should we
Be concerned with something else?

Help heat stress
Help heat stress 2
Help heat stress 3
Help heat stress 4
Help heat stress 5
Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Yea they been dry and hot ( not humid) enough. You can water with cold water ( throw some ice cubes into water) this helps when it’s hot.

Oa.ahhu

Oa.ahhu

Supporter
What are your day/night temps, what size is your tent? lets see if we can get those temps down for ya

Beowuuulf

Beowuuulf

Yes op and these guys are bang on. 85 is not horrible as long as your humidity is near 70 %.

use hygrometer and keep the humidity up when temps run. Cheers

CannaMom48

CannaMom48

What are your day/night temps, what size is your tent? lets see if we can get those temps down for ya

We have two tents going at the moment, our small tent is getting really hot it is a 3X4 small tent for babies and that tent during the hottest part of the day was reading 90, we have a 600w spider farmer panel over them and the humidity was showing 45 which I know was way too low, our larger tent which honestly I can’t remember the dimensions but it’s at least 7ft tall by 4ft I believe. Anyway we have 6 older plants that we are transitioning into flowering at the moment living in there and I believe the temps and humidity were much better today at 85 and 85 but we did just water the previous night.
Would keeping a dish with some ice cubes sitting in there with them keep the humidity up? Looking for ways around getting a humidifier at the moment.

CannaMom48

CannaMom48

We have two tents going at the moment, our small tent is getting really hot it is a 3X4 small tent for babies and that tent during the hottest part of the day was reading 90, we have a 600w spider farmer panel over them and the humidity was showing 45 which I know was way too low, our larger tent which honestly I can’t remember the dimensions but it’s at least 7ft tall by 4ft I believe. Anyway we have 6 older plants that we are transitioning into flowering at the moment living in there and I believe the temps and humidity were much better today at 85 and 85 but we did just water the previous night.
Would keeping a dish with some ice cubes sitting in there with them keep the humidity up? Looking for ways around getting a humidifier at the moment.
Also to my knowledge both tents cool down nicely at night , we have been opening them up slightly to allow more fresh air in because we don’t have AC in the home for the time being

CannaMom48

CannaMom48

U can add silicon in ur nutrition solution to overcome the heat issue.
Can you add this at any point in the growth cycle? We have two younger Plants, almost two months I’d say, and then we have 6 older girls that we are switching to bloom right now

JASONBROTHER

JASONBROTHER

Yes op and these guys are bang on. 85 is not horrible as long as your humidity is near 70 %.

use hygrometer and keep the humidity up when temps run. Cheers

In a addition, the humidity requirement in the darkness of Veg or Bloom should be 10% lower than when the light on.
For example, when I turn on the light in the daytime of Veg, the humidity is 60%. When I turn off the light, I give it 50% humidity just for a better environmental for her . So what should I do, especially when I turn on the AC in summer .There has dehumidification function in AC, and we usually choose the energy-saving mode. The best way is to put a lot of very wet towels in the tent, and with the electric fan
(Let the electric fan blow against the wet towel ) because once the air conditioner is running, the lowest humidity can reach about 40% ,then the humidity can be maintained in the 58-65 range through the wet towel and electric fan, By the time the light is turned off, the wet towel is almost dry. At this time, the humidity can get abt
10% lower.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
One of those Walgreens misting humidifiers is about $14. And far more effective and reliable .
Remember we grow for thousands ... use a few bucks and save those towels!

JASONBROTHER

JASONBROTHER

One of those Walgreens misting humidifiers is about $14. And far more effective and reliable .
Remember we grow for thousands ... use a few bucks and save those towels!
The humidifier is really good, but the humidifier can't give me the specific number I want. Sometimes the humidity of the humidifier may be 70-80%. However, the dehumidifier is different. The dehumidifier can control the humidity I want. If he could use the humidifier that can adjust the accurate humidity, it's the best,

CannaMom48

CannaMom48

So our larger tent seems to be evening out with more frequent watering to keep the humidity up but I’m still concerned about our small tent. It is pretty consistently running at 90 degrees with maybe 80% humidity. These are smaller plants and the soil still feels fairly damp so I’m hesitant to keep watering . We have some fans on the way but it’s going to be in the mid to high 90s all week and I’m really worried about overheating 🥵

LouieV

LouieV

Help! I noticed today some of our girls are
Looking a little crunchy... my thoughts are heat stress? Our home currently has no AC we have a couple fans going to circulate the air but it’s still getting up to 85 In there. Is this indeed heat stress or should we
Be concerned with something else?
I can’t help but I’m here to get any info I can. I loved when my tent was at 85 yeasterday it hit 105 so I’m scrambling for a solution.

LouieV

LouieV

I run my lights at night but my tent is at 102.4 @ 54 RH right now. Heading To get a humidifier and figure out a way to get some cool air into my tent

LouieV

LouieV

Ok so I switched to 400w MH 12-12 today. After turning my light up I ended up with a temp of 102 and humidity of 54. and added a mini pro co2 bucket and a humidifier. I’m trying to pump in some cold air and boost humidity. I’m also running my light at night and letting them sleep during the day. The light was at 50% now it’s @ 100% there is a 75% setting if I can’t get the heat down maybe I’ll have to turn it back a notch. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok so I switched to 400w MH 12-12 today. After turning my light up I ended up with a temp of 102 and humidity of 54. and added a mini pro co2 bucket and a humidifier. I’m trying to pump in some cold air and boost humidity. I’m also running my light at night and letting them sleep during the day. The light was at 50% now it’s @ 100% there is a 75% setting if I can’t get the heat down maybe I’ll have to turn it back a notch. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Yeah that's a tough one bro. In veg you can increase the lights on duration and lower the intensity. Bit come flower that heat is gonna be an issue cause we only have 12 hrs to give em light. May wanna look into led.

Latest posts

Top Bottom