Help ,how to i save my plants,

• Thread starter Foxykelly
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Foxykelly

Foxykelly

Snap . Sorry . Never noticed the thrips,mites, earlier . I'm in uk too . Need to treat them . Look up some home remedies . Ask a local garden centre for something . For tomatoes ect lol.
I can't seem to find it here
Thank you.
I'm still trying to look myself, garlic cloves and a water spray keeps coming up

FourthCity

FourthCity

Firstly, I'm new here so please be patient with my newbie questions. 😊
I have been growing these plants indoors for around 5months, firstly are they male or felmale? And secondly now that they have finally started to do something the leaves are all droopy and crispy at bottom, I have no idea if this is normal, or what to do next, I've tried Googling it, but everything I've tried hasn't worked,
Your help would be very appreciated.
ThanksView attachment 1029969View attachment 1029970View attachment 1029965View attachment 1029966View attachment 1029967View attachment 1029968
Setting the plant's issues aside, the best case scenario is this plant will produce grams. I think you need to ask yourself if those grams are worth the time and effort they will require or if you are better off taking what you have learned and starting over.

My opinion is that it trying to grow a plant that is worth its effort from a windowsill is possibly the hardest way to do things. It is very unforgiving and requires the most knowledge and experience, not to mention an ideal environment to pull off successfully. I can't imagine with the number of overcast and rainy days in the UK that it will ever work well for you regardless of your capabilities. A small tent with a grow light would be a worthwhile investment that offers a massive improvement for any future grows.

Madbud

Madbud

OK what would you recommend. 😊
I’m not convinced its mites, just that one leaf looks like a maybe. Get a magnifier to look closely. Never had them, but at this point i would use a soapy spray, say Ivory or Dove, NOT Dawn or any type of degreasing dish detergent.

Fuzzydankster

Fuzzydankster

Dont listen to the guy who said give up. Thats pointless and you already put 5 months into it, whats a bit longer.....

For bugs try and see if you can buy praying mantis eggs. There will be like 50 hatch from one egg but only one or two will survive (they battle it out).

Ignore the grasshopper. Tried feeding my mantis so i could see it in action.

20200912 122731
Fuzzydankster

Fuzzydankster

Oh and my recommendations on spraying, only really do it during veg. Spraying plants during flower hurts your bud quality and can cause bud rot. Only in extreme cases/last resorts do you want to spray your plants in flower.

Foxykelly

Foxykelly

Oh and my recommendations on spraying, only really do it during veg. Spraying plants during flower hurts your bud quality and can cause bud rot. Only in extreme cases/last resorts do you want to spray your plants in flower.
Thank you I'm not giving up yet 😊

Foxykelly

Foxykelly

I’m not convinced its mites, just that one leaf looks like a maybe. Get a magnifier to look closely. Never had them, but at this point i would use a soapy spray, say Ivory or Dove, NOT Dawn or any type of degreasing dish detergent.
I will certainly try this 😊

FourthCity

FourthCity

Dont listen to the guy who said give up. Thats pointless and you already put 5 months into it, whats a bit longer.....
Thank you I'm not giving up yet 😊
I was suggesting stepping up not giving up. You are saying you don't want to give up but you are not meeting the plants minimum requirements for a harvest that will be worth your time. The sooner you invest in your setup the sooner you will reap the benefits.

Foxykelly

Foxykelly

I was suggesting stepping up not giving up. You are saying you don't want to give up but you are not meeting the plants minimum requirements for a harvest that will be worth your time. The sooner you invest in your setup the sooner you will reap the benefits.
I will definitely invest in a new set up for my new grows, as I have several on the go at different stages, but will see these two through first, as next time I would of learnt so much more, so all advice is helpful and hopefully on my new ones il get a better amount with less problems, a grow tent and grow light is my first investment, 😁

kekkeruusi

kekkeruusi

Looks like spider mite infestation. Oil based insecticides combined with predatory mites are your best bet. High relative humidity decreases their rate of reproduction.

Immediate action needed!

Freaky75

Freaky75

Yeah don't give up . But the window light in the uk is not enough. Get a small grow light . Watch cheep led,s tho and Hps are good but 25£ wk to run a 600w electric so what u save on light setup u pay for in fuel . Get one asap tho . Try dove soap . Or Defoliate a lot too . Good luck

Foxykelly

Foxykelly

Yeah don't give up . But the window light in the uk is not enough. Get a small grow light . Watch cheep led,s tho and Hps are good but 25£ wk to run a 600w electric so what u save on light setup u pay for in fuel . Get one asap tho . Try dove soap . Or Defoliate a lot too . Good luck
Thank you, I'm trying too rinse off all bugs now, and fingers crossed there turn out OK, and atleast I know now for my new lot 😊

Freaky75

Freaky75

Yeah . I fried my first grow after a wk so don't worry . If u have the money canna terra pro or pro plus is great soil helps with pests and diseases also good for ph levels £20/25 50 litres bag . Check out spider farmer or Mars hydro led lights . A small one will set u back £70 but get the 1000sf / 1000ts for a 2x2 tent combos for £150 ish . Hope u get the mites . Try to miss your flowers and spray leaves only . Remove a lot of foliage too

Foxykelly

Foxykelly

Yeah . I fried my first grow after a wk so don't worry . If u have the money canna terra pro or pro plus is great soil helps with pests and diseases also good for ph levels £20/25 50 litres bag . Check out spider farmer or Mars hydro led lights . A small one will set u back £70 but get the 1000sf / 1000ts for a 2x2 tent combos for £150 ish . Hope u get the mites . Try to miss your flowers and spray leaves only . Remove a lot of foliage too
How do i remove foliage? Just snip the excess leaves off?

Foxykelly

Foxykelly

This is my other one, doesn't seem to have mites yet, but still unsure if felmale?
IMG 20200914 133632
IMG 20200914 133646
IMG 20200914 133723

FourthCity

FourthCity

Yeah don't give up . But the window light in the uk is not enough. Get a small grow light . Watch cheep led,s tho and Hps are good but 25£ wk to run a 600w electric so what u save on light setup u pay for in fuel . Get one asap tho.
No to get off topic but is it really £.30/kwh in the uk? Thats like four times as expensive as the U.S.

Foxykelly

Foxykelly

No to get off topic but is it really £.30/kwh in the uk? Thats like four times as expensive as the U.S.
To be honest I'm not sure, as I pay £60 a month electricity normally for a 1bed place. In uk

FourthCity

FourthCity

To be honest I'm not sure, as I pay £60 a month electricity normally for a 1bed place. In uk
Then its probably not £25/week or £100/month just to run a 600 watt light. That would be some outrageously expensive electricity. The extra produce gained by using a grow light should cover the real cost of the additional electricity several times over.

Latest posts

Top Bottom