Help I have strange leave curl.

• Thread starter BeardedBudz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BeardedBudz

Looking for a little input. I have 2 photo plants in veg. Both different seeds from different breeders. They were germinated in the pot they are in. I am using organic soil with dry amendments and compost nothing else added. I have them under 200w of led and they are pretty far away until I can figure this out. The leaves come out amazing and beautiful and then the edges curl just a little but they stop curling at this stage(see pictures). They get water only right now and I have removed some of the larger leaves to allow more light penetration.

Help i have strange leave curl
Help i have strange leave curl 2
socks4free

socks4free

Hey 👋, people are gonna need some more information before they can really help.
What is the temp in your grow tent during the day?
What about the RH?
How often do you water?
What kinda medium are they growing in?
What are you feeding them?

B

BeardedBudz

Socks4free

Temps are: Day 77*F
Night 67*F
Humidity stays between 54-66
They get roughly 1/2 gallon every 4 days at this size. They are in 7 gallon plastic with top covers for moisture control. I have used extended release 5-4-5 fertilizer with compost top dressing. They get the same everything as my other girls and these are the only 2 out of 10 doing this. I have been afraid to do anything but plain water until I know they are ok.

Alpha.ganjaguy. They are currently about 24 inches.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Looking for a little input. I have 2 photo plants in veg. Both different seeds from different breeders. They were germinated in the pot they are in. I am using organic soil with dry amendments and compost nothing else added. I have them under 200w of led and they are pretty far away until I can figure this out. The leaves come out amazing and beautiful and then the edges curl just a little but they stop curling at this stage(see pictures). They get water only right now and I have removed some of the larger leaves to allow more light penetration.
Have you checked for bugs with magnification underneath the leaves? I've never seen covers like that used before but those could encourage fungus & bugs

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
@BeardedBudz - My first thought was too much light. Praying and taco curling are indications of it. Then I had second thoughts, so now I'm not sure. Other things can cause leaves to do that. Good luck with your grow!

B

BeardedBudz

Have you checked for bugs with magnification underneath the leaves? I've never seen covers like that used before but those could encourage fungus & bugs
There are worms and rove beetles and lots of soil mites. I was using straw for a while but the fungus knats in my area are horrible so I block them out completely.

socks4free

socks4free

Socks4free

Temps are: Day 77*F
Night 67*F
Humidity stays between 54-66
They get roughly 1/2 gallon every 4 days at this size. They are in 7 gallon plastic with top covers for moisture control. I have used extended release 5-4-5 fertilizer with compost top dressing. They get the same everything as my other girls and these are the only 2 out of 10 doing this. I have been afraid to do anything but plain water until I know they are ok.

Alpha.ganjaguy. They are currently about 24 inches.
Hmmm I can see the tips of the leaves are yellow/burnt. Maybe these two strains are extra sensitive to over feeding? I've read using extended release nutes is not advised so I have zero experience with them. It's hard to say but I'd definitely check under the leaves with a magnifier to see if you have a bug problem like beachwalker suggested as I know the curling upward is a symptom of several different pests, heat, light stress, over watering, over feeding, plus some things I am forgetting I'm sure lol.

Good luck hopefully someone who has more experience will have the correct answer for you.

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

This is simple light stress. Back the light way off. The rest won't be far behind.

JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
Looks like nutrient burn to me with. Your leaves are way to dark to be light burn.... what are you using exactly dry amendments?

JKash

JKash

Supporter
Progression of serious light burn returning to normal! I had just got the medic grow ez 8... it's a True 1000w led light... it's actually 1000w at the wall...

Your plants are not light green in color and the tip curl like you have is "text book" of over feeding...

I have not done a supersoil grow in a looong time but I know other people can help with that aspect...

20230519 171627
20230521 174134
20230529 164651
20230601 172211
20230603 065409
B

BeardedBudz

Looks like nutrient burn to me with. Your leaves are way to dark to be light burn.... what are you using exactly dry amendments?
Purchased from a local shop here. It’s an organic 5-4-4 with a little bone meal from down to earth.

IMG 3489
IMG 3490
JKash

JKash

Supporter
I thought that too however the light is 2 foot above canopy at 50% and it’s only 200w
Ya the plant looks a little to big to be getting light burn at that strenght...can even probably up the light 10 or 25%

JKash

JKash

Supporter
Purchased from a local shop here. It’s an organic 5-4-4 with a little bone meal from down to earth.
Are you applying the recommended amount.... best thing to do for ANY food is always cut in half... slowly add more to your mix if feel if it needs more...always better to "under feed" than "overfeed"

JKash

JKash

Supporter
I also see it's kinda loaded with sulfur... maybe things have changed but I knew sulfur was never really great for a cannabis plant... but I could be misinformed...

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

You need to back the light off another 12" to start with. Seedlings in cups look soaking wet in hot soil.
Bags are also in hot soil. Can't tell if they are also over watered. But they are definitely sick. You need to stop feeding nitrogen for 30 days. Back the lights off to 30" and stop pushing your plants. In 30 days pick up the nitrogen again about 30% what you are feeding them now. Maybe they will survive.

B

BeardedBudz

Are you applying the recommended amount.... best thing to do for ANY food is always cut in half... slowly add more to your mix if feel if it needs more...always better to "under feed" than "overfeed"
I used the full amount and thought to mix it deeper thinking it wouldn’t reach it until it could handle it. I guess that wasn’t very clever after all.

JKash

JKash

Supporter
Don't get discouraged brotha! It's a learning curve... if it wasn't for mistakes...we as people would not learn as much

B

BeardedBudz

You need to back the light off another 12" to start with. Seedlings in cups look soaking wet in hot soil.
Bags are also in hot soil. Can't tell if they are also over watered. But they are definitely sick. You need to stop feeding nitrogen for 30 days. Back the lights off to 30" and stop pushing your plants.
Those are not mine. Mine are the ones at the top looking like salted slugs. Haha

Top Bottom