Help! Identify!

• Thread starter 1diesel1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Homesteader

Homesteader

Both thrips and aphids are soft bodied and are easily controlled using insecticidal soap among other things. I would plan on doing a treatment a few time for a couple weeks to kill the life cycle. Aphids are a little easier to get because they don't go into the soil to pupate.

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
Also, I don't believe the vinegar will kill the eggs. You might need repeat applications.

I would have used organic essential oils personally. Something fruit flavored late in flower. Glad you have the problem solved.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Spinosad is not safe up to the day of harvest. Spinosad on product will fail testing. FYI

I've not read anything saying that it is toxic to humans at any point and I've read the test reports. Of course there could be new information I haven't seen, so if you know of something I'd give you the benefit of the doubt. In directing others in how to use it I'd rather error on the side of caution.

I myself, will continue to use it right up till harvest if needed. It's the safest pesticide I know of and pillars love hittin them colas in late flower.

Bodean

Bodean

Not even going to play. I recognized them from a children's book I used to read to my daughter lol.
23508124 SX540

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
I've not read anything saying that it is toxic to humans at any point and I've read the test reports. Of course there could be new information I haven't seen, so if you know of something I'd give you the benefit of the doubt. In directing others in how to use it I'd rather error on the side of caution.

I myself, will continue to use it right up till harvest if needed. It's the safest pesticide I know of and pillars love hittin them colas in late flower.

Spinosad will fail your testing. No doubt. Is it safe? Different question all together.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Would it be worth throwing in some predatory lady bugs to sweep through and get any stragglers.? They mowed through them on my chilli

Ladybugs suck a$$. All the little bastards do is breed and bolt (maybe for indoors, but I read they fly off up into the corners of the room). If you're gonna get an effective ladybug, it'd have to be the larva. Those vacuum up every bug big enough to eat. Including each other.

Homesteader

Homesteader

I think the whole beneficial bug industry is somewhat of a $$$ joke and also quite cruel to both the bugs and the consumer. Even if you release them on to your farm outdoors, they are not going to stay there more than a day on most occasions. If your soil was healthy it would have the beneficial already (thinking nematodes here) . I look at the organic industry in a different light than I once did. Once I realized that there is more money selling to organic suckers then telling the truth it becomes clear. Most of them know they can't make money farming so they need to sell others products that sell a dream.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Check this bug out I found under a grow bag. View attachment 852799View attachment 852800

Dude. I haven't seen one of those in almost 40yrs. If its the same grub I remember, I saw a couple on a bunch of bananas from Mexico. When we touched them they rolled onto their backs and stuck to the Banana. Their yellow belly camouflaged them against the peal. I never found out what kind of bug they were. Didn't have internet back then.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
All rite, vinegar is bull shit! They drank it and laughed at me! @Homesteader I’m giving dawn and veg oil a shot. Just sprayed the infestation was way worse then I thought.

Homesteader

Homesteader

Works like a charm. They will be dead by the morning. go easy with the oil though

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
I think the whole beneficial bug industry is somewhat of a $$$ joke and also quite cruel to both the bugs and the consumer. Even if you release them on to your farm outdoors, they are not going to stay there more than a day on most occasions. If your soil was healthy it would have the beneficial already (thinking nematodes here) . I look at the organic industry in a different light than I once did. Once I realized that there is more money selling to organic suckers then telling the truth it becomes clear. Most of them know they can't make money farming so they need to sell others products that sell a dream.

Bro every industry has scammers and generally bad people who cares more about money than anything else but in an indoor situation especially, they should get the job done.
And on the outdoors, if they’re able to feed on your property, why would they travel? People do sprays and shit and then release the bugs and mites. Well at this point there isn’t a healthy prey population that would keep them there. There should always be plenty of prey to keep them there.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
The stench of vinegar and dawn dish soap is enough to make you ill!!

Top Bottom