Help Identifying This Bug Pls!

• Thread starter Twisted13
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Twisted13

Twisted13

I was in the tent just now and saw this bug that freaked me out.
FFOF / coir 50/50 smart pots
Under CFLs for the first couple of weeks before the LED comes on. Have given nothing but PH water. Week one of the grow and I saw this thing crawling in the top soil almost looked like a Cricket and a Rolly Polly / roach thing. Has pale stripes down it’s back. I squished its head trying to get it out but was able to maintain most of the body intact. Pics are kinda hard to take because it was so small. Only one I saw but as anything where there’s one there’s more. I’m super nervous need some help and ideas here please!

Help identifying this bug pls
Help identifying this bug pls 2
Twisted13

Twisted13

In the second pic it looks like a cockroach wearing a Darth Vader mask.

Like I said I squished his head pretty good tryna get him out. Now I have had roaches in the attic before and they spray every once in awhile (makes me nervous about them going into my grow space) hoping that’s a roach. Is there a (preferably organic) pest spray I can use to keep them and a wide range of generic pests away? I know I should have some stuff on hand Incase just unsure of what to have.

Twisted13

Twisted13

I have not seen any others beside this one, if it helps at all. It is dark in color, dark horizontal stripes down most of its back, a lot of legs, I swore I saw antenna before the squish, small head, no stinger or pinchy or scary lookin weapons on this critter. Looking for ideas for pest control I should have on hand.

Homesteader

Homesteader

I wouldn't worry too much as soil critters are abundant and some are very strange looking. You made the right choice with using the guillotine but the more you look into soil the more alien like life you will find.

Twisted13

Twisted13

I wouldn't worry too much as soil critters are abundant and some are very strange looking. You made the right choice with using the guillotine but the more you look into soil the more alien like life you will find.
I couldn’t sleep so as soon as the lights came on I was up there and haven’t seen anything negative I suppose I was being over cautious and paranoid, smoking never causes that right? Thanks for the reassurance.

Latest posts

Top Bottom