• Thread starter Mr.X
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.X

Mr.X

Help identifying this

Mr.X

Mr.X

At first i thought it was from transplanting. Maybe a fan caught one or 2 leaves. But now im seeing it in newer growth. Its not an infestation by any means but i wouldn't want things 2 get out of hand. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanx 2 all in advance.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
I want to say thrips.
But, the damage pattern I'm used to seeing for thrips are longer, where as yours are rounder. So I'm unsure. But more opinions will pop in by morning.
Thrips easily eliminated with some monterrey garden insect spray.

Best of luck.
Peace

Mr.X

Mr.X

Thanx for the quick response, so you think maybe thirps? Are they cause for alarm. The damage is very minimal and isnt spreading like wildfire or anything. Im assuming these insects fly, right? I looked really hard under the leaves in the soil every friggin where !!! Shit, well im going to look n2 it. I just flipped them a week ago so i have enough time for any measure to be taken. If you like check out my grow journal. Your input will be appreciated. PEACE

hiiipower

hiiipower

Looks like thrips at first to me. Thrips are the super tiny white/yellow critters that crawl all over your leaves/plants, especially leaf undersides and stems. You can see them with the naked eye, but get in close they are incredibly small(like smaller than the tip of a pencil). With damage like that you should easily see them crawling all over the place. Like ShroomKing said they're easily eliminated. If you can't determine it yourself try putting a leaf in a zip lock and bring it to your local grow shop(they usually don't mind).

happylittle

happylittle

Its tough to say, could be thrips but Im used to seeing longer bite marks with very small black poo dots. Anyway Im curious to see what it is.
Can you get any close ups on the bug / problem area?

Mr.X

Mr.X

Hey, thanks for the response, no thats the funny thing. No poo, no nothing. Havent been able to even find a single critter or larvae. NOTHING !!! Ive been told to put up sticky strips, i was contemplating spraying since im only in the 1st week of flowering. IDK....

m8ty

m8ty

If you zoom in on the pic you can see small bugs on the leaf, I saw a small white fly and what looks like mites

Junk

Junk

I can see bugs of some type all over it. Zoom in and look at the top. Aphids maybe?

Are you checking the underside of the leaves? That is where they do their thing usually. Love to see a pic of the leaf bottoms.

Are you outside or inside?

When you say first week of flower, do you mean since the 12/12 flip? Or the first week they are starting to show flowers? If it's the latter, personally, I wouldn't spray it.

I've used the sticky traps in the past on fruit trees and they work well. You kind of have to know which bug you have though.

Aphids will usually leave much bigger holes. However, I've never had them on a cannibus plant to know what the destruction looks like on one. They may just not like it that much, or they are just getting started.

But you def got bugs of some sort...holes in the leaf like that usually indicate something eating it.

To me, it looks like aphids. They are leaving the white sheddings, I can see them. Also, looking at the bug, it looks like an aphid. Check the underside of your leaves, I bet it's covered with them. Compare it to pics online and you will know right away if it's them.

Last edited:
Junk

Junk

P.s. The reason I suggest aphids, and not thrips (it could be either, just a suggestion) is because I have never seen thrips that do not leave the black poo looking stuff behind, and I can barely find any. Also, the patterns are different, what you have looks more round, thrips tend to make squiggly lines, often not cutting through, which you have a lot of happening. The bugs are also large enough, and look similar to aphids.

I've also not seen thrips eat through the leaves, which you have going on.

If they are aphids, and you are outside, you need to get rid of them immediately. Ants will farm aphids like dairy cattle. They herd them, keep me safe, and eat/drink the secretions they make.

If it is aphids, outside...ants will be coming soon. And then, you have to get rid of the ants, before you can get the aphids. Just FYI. I'm not 100% positive it's aphids. I am 100% positive it's a bug. The undersides of the leaves will tell you very quickly what it is. Prepare to be grossed out.

Mr.X

Mr.X

If you zoom in on the pic you can see small bugs on the leaf, I saw a small white fly and what looks like mites
No, all the white stuff are just chewing of some sort that doesnt actually go through the whole leaf.

Mr.X

Mr.X

P.s. The reason I suggest aphids, and not thrips (it could be either, just a suggestion) is because I have never seen thrips that do not leave the black poo looking stuff behind, and I can barely find any. Also, the patterns are different, what you have looks more round, thrips tend to make squiggly lines, often not cutting through, which you have a lot of happening. The bugs are also large enough, and look similar to aphids.

I've also not seen thrips eat through the leaves, which you have going on.

If they are aphids, and you are outside, you need to get rid of them immediately. Ants will farm aphids like dairy cattle. They herd them, keep me safe, and eat/drink the secretions they make.

If it is aphids, outside...ants will be coming soon. And then, you have to get rid of the ants, before you can get the aphids. Just FYI. I'm not 100% positive it's aphids. I am 100% positive it's a bug. The undersides of the leaves will tell you very quickly what it is. Prepare to be grossed out.
Thanx man. Thats whats so weird, theres absolutely nothing on the undersides, no poo, no webbing, nothing, NADA !!! and it is not getting out of control, theyre eating 1 leaf and not much and not affecting other plants or even leaves. IDK ?

Mr.X

Mr.X

Im going to post tomorrow more damaged leaves 4 all 2c. Thanx 2 all who have chimed in. I appreciate your efforts.

Junk

Junk

No, all the white stuff are just chewing of some sort that doesnt actually go through the whole leaf.

I think he is referring to the white bugs or sheddings, here, I marked it up for you. This is just what I see

Sick MJ

The red arrows are what looks like aphid shedding to me.

The black arrows are the chewing through the leaf, which I have personally never seen with thrips. Aphids will do that though.

The blue clearly shows bugs of some sort.

The white looks like it could be poop. I say "could" because it's hard to tell in the pic. With thrips, I normally see a lot more poop.

There is an errant white & black arrow. The long white arrow & the black one near it. I just forgot to put them in place. But if you enlarge the pic & put those "mistake" arrows in the center, you can clearly see a large bug, & what appears to be a fly on another leaf (to the left iirc)

Here is a pic that shows aphid shedding. You definitely have bugs of some variety, or multiple, you just need to get better pics or a closer look yourself to see which bugs, to know how to get rid of them.

Image1235

Last edited:
Mr.X

Mr.X

No bro, 1st thanx for passin through. The little brown specs are dry coco coir particles. Shot now youve got me second guessing. Fuck im'a get back. Gotta double, triple check. FUuuck !!!

Junk

Junk

No bro, 1st thanx for passin through. The little brown specs are dry coco coir particles. Shot now youve got me second guessing. Fuck im'a get back. Gotta double, triple check. FUuuck !!!

lol, ain't just "passin through," I've been here since the beginning.

I don't know what it will take to convince you. I can clearly see bugs on the plant. You can clearly see evidence that some sort of bug is eating the plant.

Let me put it this way, what do you think is causing the holes in the leaves? If it aint a leaf eating insect, than what is it?

Mr.X

Mr.X

lol, ain't just "passin through," I've been here since the beginning.

I don't know what it will take to convince you. I can clearly see bugs on the plant. You can clearly see evidence that some sort of bug is eating the plant.

Let me put it this way, what do you think is causing the holes in the leaves? If it aint a leaf eating insect, than what is it?
Definitely, i just wish i knew what it was exactly though. Bro i broke out the hand held magnification aparatus, lmao, ×100 zoom N didnt find shit, not a spec of honey dew, poo, old skin... idk WTF except that nano grasshopper lookin fucker in the pic. And its only 1 or 2 leaves on a single plant out of 3 fifteen plant columns. Its crazy. Any how i got a bunch of ladybugs and im gonna spray with pyrethrum.

Junk

Junk

Grasshoppers & crickets will eat the entire leaf, starting at the tip, about halfway down, then they switch to another leaf.

Nm, I see what you mean now...

Latest posts

Top Bottom