Help! Is my plant dying mid flower???

• Thread starter salts
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

salts

As I am still a novice grower, I do have 2 successful grows under my belt however this is my first time growing the Gelato strain.
5th week in flower, bottom leaves are dying and I’m noticing some yellowing spreading higher. I’ve also noticed buds have stopped growing bigger, I’ve been using fox farm big bloom nutrients. Mars Hydro light, perlite, peat moss, organic soil, never under or over watered, at least I don’t think and everything was cool up until about a week ago. What’s going on??

Help is my plant dying mid flower

Help is my plant dying mid flower 2
Help is my plant dying mid flower 3
Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
it’s certainly not dying.

Yellowing up from the bottom is usually a n deficiency that said I don’t think I would give them a heavy n feed looking at the top.

It may also be due to overwatering or simply age

As the buds aren’t growing so much and looking at them you maybe overwatering

It’s not dying that’s for sure

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
True unless you never let em
I Kept one vegging for a year yonks ago before the net and no advise I didn’t know I had to change it to 12/12 till I brought a book 🤣
Bet that was a decent first harvest 🤣🤣
it’s certainly not dying.

Yellowing up from the bottom is usually a n deficiency that said I don’t think I would give them a heavy n feed looking at the top.

It may also be due to overwatering or simply age

As the buds aren’t growing so much and looking at them you maybe overwatering

It’s not dying that’s for sure
agreed here, she’s on the verge of N tox those top leaf tips clawing under, top leaves look great though, mild clawing isint an issue as long as it’s controlled

I think we’re looking at more of the beginning of a potassium (k) def yellowing bottom up, oldest fans first, what has you feed ratios been with the fox farms?

S

salts

Bet that was a decent first harvest 🤣🤣

agreed here, she’s on the verge of N tox those top leaf tips clawing under, top leaves look great though, mild clawing isint an issue as long as it’s controlled

I think we’re looking at more of the beginning of a potassium (k) def yellowing bottom up, oldest fans first, what has you feed ratios been with the fox farms?
4 tablespoons per gallon, as directed on the bottle for “general feeding”. For heavy feeding it says use like half a cup per gallon or something and that just seems a bit much to me but I guess I should try it?
N tox could be possible since there’s a mixture of soils in there. Overwatering also a good possibility, I use the “finger method”, if I feel moisture at my first knuckle I wait, however the whole plant starts to droop if I wait (even though I feel moisture) so most of the time I just water it every 2-3 days to keep her happy. Thanks for all the replies definitely helps, with it being gelato it was supposed to be a big yielding girl, hopefully after taking this advice she’ll give me the results I desire.

S

salts

Looks like nitrogen deficiency. Maybe cut fan leaves and that could balance it.
All fan leaves or just some? I don’t wanna shock the plant and hurt my yields any more than I already may have 😕

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

All fan leaves or just some? I don’t wanna shock the plant and hurt my yields any more than I already may have 😕
dont cut off the fan leaves, the plant is having difficulty geting food through its roots so it is feeding from the leaves, if you remove them the plant will suffer.

Top Bottom