Help! Is this a herm plant?

• Thread starter Eclipted
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

Eclipted

Hey guys new grower here, I’ve got my plants all in flower and I’ve just now started to notice these things pop up that look like pollen sacs. I’m on day 23 of flower is it normal for them to pop up this late? I’m gonna tag some pics below I’m having a hard time getting a good one to show what I mean. The 3rd pic shows one that looks like a Pollen sack but has a pistil coming out of it? If it is a herm any recommendations on what to do with it? It’s my biggest plant and i don’t mind it having some seeds I’d rather keep it than toss it just cause it’s my first time ever. I don’t want it pollinating my other plants tho. Hoping someone’s gonna tell me there’s a way to save them 😭

Help is this a herm plant
Help is this a herm plant 2
Help is this a herm plant 3
E

Eclipted

Here’s another example they seem to be on all my lower bud sights not so much on my top

BB22

BB22

Might be swollen calyx

I’d wait for more experienced opinions ✌️

E

Eclipted

Might be swollen calyx

I’d wait for more experienced opinions ✌️
I’m about to post more pics hopefully that helps. I will go through and hand pick these balls out and deal with a few seeds in the bud idc lol. I’m hoping it’s swollen calyx tho 🙏

Mothman

Mothman

If you have space and a spare light you could move the intersex plant far away from your others. It’ll probably pollinate itself. No biggie. You can harvest it a bit earlier than planned and the seeds will not have developed enough to be a nuisance. Or let it go to the bitter end and you’ll have some mature feminized seeds (that unfortunately will have a tendency to herm).

BB22

BB22

just my inexperienced opinion.

It looks like a swollen calyx to me.

I’m about to post more pics hopefully that helps. I will go through and hand pick these balls out and deal with a few seeds in the bud idc lol. I’m hoping it’s swollen calyx tho 🙏

I’m currently smoking some hermed out white widow, if that makes any sense. Lol.

E

Eclipted

They have pistols on most of them?

They are on day 23 of flower I’ve been giving them Humboldts flower stacker and sweet and sticky since. One dose of flower stacker on day 21 and sweet and sticky has had 2 doses day 18 day 21. Also supplementing cal mag. Average humidity is 48%. Temp during daytime may reach 80 but normally is 78 and the low is 72.

E

Eclipted

I’m currently smoking some hermed out white widow, if that makes any sense. Lol.
These seeds came from what I assume was a herm plant. I set that bud aside specifically because it was really top tier in my opinion and I found probably 3 seeds out of the whole ounce. Also remember when I got the bud it was too fresh to smoke I had to let it cure for a few days. But it had seeds in it for sure and it was unbelievably good.

E

Eclipted

Praying it’s just swollen calyx 🙏
If you have space and a spare light you could move the intersex plant far away from your others. It’ll probably pollinate itself. No biggie. You can harvest it a bit earlier than planned and the seeds will not have developed enough to be a nuisance. Or let it go to the bitter end and you’ll have some mature feminized seeds (that unfortunately will have a tendency to herm).
yeah I’m assuming this plant was a herm I used the seeds I found in a baggie so the bud from the mother plant had seeds in it.

E

Eclipted

I still want to let this plant flower but am completely exhausted on funds. I could buy one more grow light and possibly set this plant in my spare bathroom shower? I could keep it light controlled, there’s the exhaust fan to suck air out and I have fans to circulate air inside the shower. It’s ugly but do you guys think it’d work? I have thermometers and hygrometers to set in there as well. I just really don’t have the space for another 2/3/5 grow tent anywhere or the money. First grow ever and it’s my biggest plant and my favorite strain I’ll deal with some seeds. I’ll handpick all the male parts off that I can and let her bud up

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Looking like herm to me, some are swollen Cylaxes but some of the others look like sacs,

Let some more chime in. it Seems like you plan to flower her out anyways, I’d rip off any balls you see that don’t have a hair coming out of the top

Some reference material while you wait on more opinions

IMG 6328
IMG 6329
IMG 6330
E

Eclipted

Most of the times the hermie parts show up on the lowers and within the first 3 weeks. Just hand remove all the ones you see ASAP and keep an eye, IMO it’s a herm but may not be a full blown herm if tended to
Thank you guys y’all are too dope . If i hand pick through it am I able to leave it in my tent or should I still relocate it

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
Thank you guys y’all are too dope . If i hand pick through it am I able to leave it in my tent or should I still relocate it
Post in thread 'Schwifty grows Trustfall genetics - Grape Crème Cake x Okie (Feminized)'
https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/s...ème-cake-x-okie-feminized.145539/post-2938899

Reference my scare and people tending and helping me out. I cleared out all the male parts, kept all 4 in the tent and didn’t have one seed in my whole harvest

E

Eclipted

Post in thread 'Schwifty grows Trustfall genetics - Grape Crème Cake x Okie (Feminized)'
https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/schwifty-grows-trustfall-genetics-grape-crème-cake-x-okie-feminized.145539/post-2938899

Reference my scare and people tending and helping me out. I cleared out all the male parts, kept all 4 in the tent and didn’t have one seed in my whole harvest
Just checked it out this is awesome info, do you think I should just fully remove some of the lowers even tho I’m on day 23? Or just solely pick pollen sacks off? My canopy buds don’t have any sacks that I can see just fat calyx. My lowers are the most affected I could chop the ones I see clusters on and hand pick the ones that have a sack here and there

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

i deal with a few lite hermi phenotypes almost each batch of seeds.

As long as your plant produce more actively calyx and pistil than males preflowers Just keep a watchfull eye and remove the males preflowers preferably before they are mature enough and drop some pollen and you'll be fine without the need to move the hermie in an other tent, unlike female flowers males flowers will fall easily if you touch them.

F.Dupp

F.Dupp

It's a herm. If you are gonna keep it, cut all of the lower bud sites off. Then keep an eye on the top stuff too.

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
Just checked it out this is awesome info, do you think I should just fully remove some of the lowers even tho I’m on day 23? Or just solely pick pollen sacks off? My canopy buds don’t have any sacks that I can see just fat calyx. My lowers are the most affected I could chop the ones I see clusters on and hand pick the ones that have a sack here and there
yeah day 23 is fine enough to full remove any lowers if you’d like. I removed a few myself, but mainly just removed the male parts which lasted maybe a day or two and it was done.

Top Bottom