Help labud set up 5 bedroom house

• Thread starter labud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
labud

labud

Finally back, I have a 3000 Sq ft . 5 bedroom house , 200 amps , dual ac. 2 story, and 3 car garage.

My goal 20 flowering lights and 10 veg lights.

Let's start with lights, I'm thinking ...gavita either 600 or 750 for flowering and for veg. 400s mh

I thought I'd do the veg / clone room in the attached garage and spread my flowering rooms in the 5 bedrooms . I have an electrician that will run a sub panel .

I think the guess work will be the heat issues.... I'm not sure yet how big a challenge that will be.

Ideally , venting the rooms well , up to the attic and keeping the house at 70 with high intensity fans blowing in through open bedroom door would be too optimistic and easy.

Window ac is Not an option ....and mini splits either so that's my biggest concern

I'll be growing a number of strains so I thought I'd do hempy buckets , straight perlite and hand water the 1st crop

please offer suggestions

Thanks

deacon1503

deacon1503

Sounds like an ambitious project I wish you luck.

What's "dual ac"? That mean 2 - 2 ton conventional spilts or maybe 2 - 5 tons? You can reroute those into the rooms but no external additiional ac's could be an issue.

More details are needed about the facility for proper suggestions and advice.

Have you ever ran a setup like this before?

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

You're going to need ALLOT of fans...

Why wont a mini split work? You could get crafty about the outdoor unit's placement. Potentially put a couple units in the attic and vent that.

labud

labud

Thanks for the replies.

Venting up to the attic in each room through carbon filters should eliminate smells and create negative pressure .
With so many rooms changing the air out every 2 - 3 minutes through attic in each room seems my only choice.

Yes I have done this in smaller house's

Correct. 2 - 5 tons

Any other suggestions?

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

2-5tons running at once is gonna suck up alot of amps themselves,those usually take a 50 amp breaker each or close to it so that only leaves 60 amps usable left after taking the 80% rule into account,then dedicating 4-5 amps per 1k lamp(600/750 about 3 amps each) that leaves room for 12 or so 1k lamps or 20 600s and thats not counting fans,dehueies,scrubbers etc etc.Sounds like power is your biggest limitation.

Myco

Myco

Sounds like quite the endeavor. I dig it.

A 5-ton condenser is on a 60 amp circuit. So I think you're going to need another service to do what you want to do there mate.

As far as additional cooling, I agree, you can get creative with placement of the outdoor units for mini splits... Or you're going to have to be VERY creative with ventilation.

labud

labud

The flowering rooms can be flipped. So I should be good on 240

labud

labud

I move in 2 days and will be able to get more specific then ...just wanted to get some early feedback

Thanks

Myco

Myco

My bad, my reading comprehension sucks today. Missed the 600/750 gavita part ;) and on a flip flop you'll be good.

But I do think with creative, serious ventilation and serious mods to the existing 10-tons of cooling, you can get by without supplemental cooling. However I'd consider hiding some mini-split condensers if at all possible.

labud

labud

...hottest time of the year. ...

Anyone recommend with hempys ....600 se or 750 de gavitas .. DE 's are a lot more money. .

Nutes....I'm thinking house n garden.

Open to suggestions

Thanks

labud

labud

...just not sure on supplemental ... with so many rooms....I'll just have to dial it ......

With such a big as house hopefully keeping the house at 70 and lots of intake/ exhaust will change the air every 2-3 min. In each room ....old school.......hopefully works...

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

...hottest time of the year. ...

Anyone recommend with hempys ....600 se or 750 de gavitas .. DE 's are a lot more money. .

Nutes....I'm thinking house n garden.

Open to suggestions

Thanks
Do you have a hook up on 750's? The first batch will arrive this week but if you haven't pre-ordered you're S.O.L, potentially until August-Sept.

600 SE would kick ass just that same...

labud

labud

Going with the 600 se.

Sub panel is in , gotta run the lines next...

Controllers, was thinking power boxes , but I don't want the timer built in...hydro guy recommended sentinel,
And external timer , sounds like a better way to go, any suggestions?

labud

labud

The power box is a lot more money and they no longer offer sequencial lighting. .

Top Bottom