Help leaves are clawing down

• Thread starter Setiboy30
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Setiboy30

Please can anyone tell me why my leaves are clawing down. I'm going into week 7 flower and starting to get this. Should I back off on the nutes. I'm growing under leds in a 2x2 grow and I have a oscillating fan above the canopy. Now I read that in can be a nitrogen toxicity or wind burn or just too much nutes altogether. I feed once a week with tiger bloom and big bloom half strength also ph stay around 6.5 in my soil. I'm so close to the finish line and don't want to screw anything up. Also in a 11L pot. Please help me figure this out.

Help leaves are clawing down
Help leaves are clawing down 2
Help leaves are clawing down 3
Help leaves are clawing down 4
Help leaves are clawing down 5
Help leaves are clawing down 6
OdlaFett

OdlaFett

They look realy good man. Yeah little too much nitrogen and other nutes, also heat, but slow down the nutes a bit plus your almost reaching the end and begining of flush so no worries.

OdlaFett

OdlaFett

75 i perfect should always aim for that what are you at now? Yeah slow down the nutes

chemistry

chemistry

Most heavily Sativa doms like yours will flower longer than an Indica. I'd keep doing what your doing now and just keep checking your trykes.

OdlaFett

OdlaFett

Most heavily Sativa doms like yours will flower longer than an Indica. I'd keep doing what your doing now and just keep checking your trykes.
Thats true, didnt think abou that, this lady may have longer way to go than 9 weeks. But i still would chill down the nutes a bit maybe drop yhem to 3/4

Dan789

Dan789

I think it’s due to the picture told with the second picture, temps (viewing the thermometer in the pot) look close to 100º. too hot (and during lights out). Where’s the fade? Too strong a regimen of nutrients.

Though no disputing your buds, nice.

Last edited:
S

Setiboy30

I think it’s due to the picture told with the second picture, temps (viewing the thermometer in the pot) look close to 100º. too hot (and during lights out). Where’s the fade? Too strong a regimen of nutrients.

Though no disputing your buds, nice.
No it's only 75 in the pot I have it 78 at the leaf canopy and my question is back off nutrients altogether? I'm using tiger bloom and big bloom I feed once in the week and water once in the week. So I water twice in one week. I'm using it at half the recommended dosage. Clawing been going on for about 3 weeks. Tomorrow I water them should I flush them or just water for the next few times and then go 1/4 strength? Looks like I at least got 4 more weeks to go and week 7 is Wednesday

Dan789

Dan789

I think i”d just go with water, no nutes’ to the end, forget the flushing, check trichomes from the buds for done with a loop. If you had checked prior, we’d (the community) would be better able to figure where this grow at regarding how close to finish it is. Reasoning is I see no fade whatsoever, let the plant feed itself from it’s reserves. Good luck

P

PROMETHEUSRISING

As I'm sure others are saying, especially in soil and at this late stage, just water. In fact I'd recommend flushing with purified, or maybe even distilled water. Everywhere you go people recommend finishing with near zero nutrients. Maybe, if you like, add some honey to the last bit of water you flush with to give the plant a energy push towards the end. Other things to consider, light proximity and heat and humidity. The lower humidity the better. Otherwise looking good.

S

Setiboy30

Ok
As I'm sure others are saying, especially in soil and at this late stage, just water. In fact I'd recommend flushing with purified, or maybe even distilled water. Everywhere you go people recommend finishing with near zero nutrients. Maybe, if you like, add some honey to the last bit of water you flush with to give the plant a energy push towards the end. Other things to consider, light proximity and heat and humidity. The lower humidity the better. Otherwise looking good.
My light is at 10 in and temp is around 75 humidity stays at 40 45 but I flushed today. Not with distilled but my tap comes out at around 112 ppm. I flushed 9 gallons through a 3 gallon pot and got the ppm down to 130ppm. This being a sativa dominant are u sure I need to not feed at all anymore?

P

PROMETHEUSRISING

Final two weeks of bloom many insist a 'flush' or zero nutrient before harvest. If you know your strains blooming period, that should tell you the window. Otherwise, when the very small hairs on the buds start to turn amber is the traditional sign to harvest. You've got buds. It's down to the specific strain, but if it's been 8 weeks in blooming cycle you should be fine. The idea is to cost into harvest with little to no chemical effect or flavor effect. You do not have to do this. But if they're burned it makes sense to anyway.

My opinion on humidity is the lower the humidity the better. The plant reacts to being stressed with low humidity by creating resin to limit leaf evaporation. Resin is the essential thing you're looking for. The trichomes, or tiny hairs produce this the most. But low humidity encourages it, and also limits the chance of rot.

Top Bottom