help making a mommy tent

• Thread starter BongToker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BongToker

ive always just grown from seeds in one tent veg them and then flip, now that ive gotten a bit more used to this process i want to start clipping clones and growing in the sog style... so i just need a bit of help getting this mom tent up and runining, first questions that come to my mind as i start constructing this tent: will t5s be enough light to keep a mom and rooting/veging clones happy?? next i have 3 nice bubbas just about 2 weeks into flower, if i get this veg tent set up fast enough will i be able to hold back one of these flowering plants for a momm?? the only other things i think about are am i going to need to train my kush mom to get cuts off her, is a 5 gall bucket enough soil for a mom and how long will she last before i need to grow out a new mom... thanks anyone who chimes in i really do need this help concidering im starting to step my game up, much apreciation, bongtoker

devious d

devious d

she will take a good while to revert back to veg but she will, you can still take cuttings as shes going back. i dont know about T5,s been using 400w hps, just swapped to a 200cfl, well 2 but only using one at the moment and impressed, at the moment the plants are small and seedlings, i was just flowering my mothers, but was intending on using a 250cfl on my next mothers keep heat down, light inches from plants, wouldnt mind T5 either:evilgrin0031:

B

BongToker

alright then, now that i kno the t5s will do just fine on to the next questions... how long do i need to veg this mom before i can start taking cuts off her?? and how long will she stay alive in a five gal bucket of foxfarm??

E

edux10

plant will stay alive forever if you take care of it. keep the lights on 24hrs or 18hrs but dont even go 12/12 and you will stay in veg. expect to grow plant for about 2 months from seed before it is big enough to take cuts off of.

A

amstercal

Hey, BT. I have no personal knowledge on the subject whatsoever, but I read a really great article originally from Overgrow that people have re-posted many places on the internet on bonsai mothers. I don't want to post outside links here out of respect, but doing a search on that info will pull up the article many times. I thought it was a great read. Tells you how to keep a mom in an 8"x8" space for many years.

C

CanadianClassic

T-5's work great for vegging clones and keeping a mom that's what i use,And if your keeping a mother its best to not fertilize a mother plant and they can last for years if you want it too and take good care of it!

Good luck with the ladies!!!

O

og_kid

i had got some fire og clones that were off a flowering plant from my buddy took forever to reveg and really suked cuz the 707 headband cuts i got the same day took off on them becuz they were off a veggin plant. but the fire took a while but after it came back it did so like a normal plant and is lokkin real good .sry fo ramblen hope it helps

M

meangreen69

t5's work great for veg/clone, its going to take over a

month for the flowering plant toreveg but if you like the

plant its worth it. a mommy can live a long time in a

five gal buckets. whats the size of the space? and

what strains?

B

BongToker

thnkx for all the input homies,i have a 2x2 flowering tent and am about to make another one right next to it for the moms and clones, ive got 3 corleons flowering and one of them is a serious squat dank keeper already starting to frost up at a week or so in flower..... so im deffintly holding her back and i figure ill let the rest finish up flowering while the mom is reveging in a month and get some cuts off her rootd and vegd for the next run... would it be cool to take about 15 cuts off that mom per month or so??

devious d

devious d

had one like that last year all frosted up, revegged herfor a mother ended with bits of bud all over the new growth, well weird looking bits of frosty bud on new veg, were the buds broke up with new growth,took months but for a good keeper its worth it

Top Bottom