Help me choose between 2 leds please

• Thread starter GrowWeedQuestion
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

What two leds would be better for my 8x4 tent?

• Total voters
GrowWeedQuestion

GrowWeedQuestion

Wondering what led lights would be better for my tent. I have a 8’x4’ tent, it will have 4 flowering plants in it with 2 lights. There will be a light on the left side over 2 plants and a light on the right side over 2 plants. I am trying to decide between 2 lights. I was wondering if someone with experience knows what would be better for my grow.

(These are what i think are the best options in my price range)
Two of the “ Mars hydro TSW 2000w “
Or
Two of the “ Bestva dc series 3000w “

I read somewhere that the yellow full spectrum is better because it is closer to actual sunlight that is why i was considering the mars hydro. But the bestva lights are 3000w instead of 2000w but the light is purple not yellow.

Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance

H

hawkman

always go bigger - you will want the extra wattage in the future Check out Quantum boards was going to upgrade LED was was going to get a Visp 700 = check into boards before pulling the trigger (Budget LED's.com)

BigCube

BigCube

Both of those lights together maybe. But one wouldn't do a 4 x 8. I'm not a big fan of mars, as for the other brand you mentioned, I've never heard of them.

Quantum boards offer a real good bang for your buck. I suggest researching them a bit before you make your choice.

GrowWeedQuestion

GrowWeedQuestion

Thanks everyone! I appreciate all the info. Im trying to find the right Quantum boards now. I dont want to spend too much so sf4000 are out of the question. If anyone has suggestions on what 2 lights i should get let me know. Im in canada so they will need to be able to ship to canada.

BigCube

BigCube

Thanks everyone! I appreciate all the info. Im trying to find the right Quantum boards now. I dont want to spend too much so sf4000 are out of the question. If anyone has suggestions on what 2 lights i should get let me know. Im in canada so they will need to be able to ship to canada.

Search alibaba for kingbrite

They deliver to Canada (I'm in BC and they came fast) a few of us around here have kingbrite fixtures and have nothing bad to say about them. They use the new lm301b/h leds by Samsung (the brightest leds on the market) and mean well drivers (a very well known and trusted manufacturer). I just ordered another one today!

They are hands down the best deal you're going to get on a quantum board of quality.

For a 4x8 I would suggest 2 of these:

You may be able to get away with 3 240w fixtures but I'll leave that up to you.

GrowWeedQuestion

GrowWeedQuestion

I might get 2 of the Kingbrite 480w but It gives me 3 options, 3000k or 3500k or 4000k. What one would be better? Im trying to figure out roughly how much shipping would be but i need to pick one of those options first before it tells me the shipping
0FA2DBDF 5C10 4A11 831E A0067B49E1A3

Nugg

Nugg

My 2 cents on the mats..don't waist the money I have 2 of the 1600.. they do not veg well..they do bud decent...I have 4 700 parr.viperspectra..id recommend those..I also have a 1200 viparspectra..it's not as good as the 700 Parr lights but still way better then the mars..

BigCube

BigCube

You may want to do a bit more searching alibaba for kingbrite. They have other versions, other setups. I run in 2 3x3's but if I ran a 4x8 I would buy 4 240w units so I could spread my light out more. Might be cheaper too.

I dont bother with red LEDs, everything i read about them is they dont give you much more red, they dont last as long, and their efficiency is horrible. They just take up power that could be used for more lm301b's. I opt for 3000k straight up. I would get 2700k if they made them, but they dont ☹

If you want to supplement red or uv or ir you can just buy a few bulbs, that way you get to control the amounts, and when they burn out, you just replace them. Not to mention you can get way more efficient uv and ir using bulbs, and usually cheap.

Just some thoughts should you want to know 🤣

GrowWeedQuestion

GrowWeedQuestion

Four 240 would be cheaper than two 480 i think. And i could have one over each plant. I might go that route. I have to look into the shipping but i think im going to get the 240s thanks so much for all the help

D

dokgonzo

thats sick. is that youre veg tent? or are you flowering on those?

GrowWeedQuestion

GrowWeedQuestion

I have a smaller tent ill start them in. Ill veg in there for a bit till they are bigger. Then put them in my big tent with the new lights and veg in there till they are ready to flower.

Latest posts

Top Bottom