Help Me Design A New Room

• Thread starter Mitgrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
1Diesel1- What temps are you running? I saw 66f but is that just at the end of your run or the entire grow? Im using LED lighting with my CO2 at 1200 ppm and keeping mine between 82-85f because I was under the impression that CO2 is most effective at higher temps but your pictures and a few others I have seen who run cooler are making me question that.
Week 1-6 I run between 72-76f. Week 7,8and 9 I drop to 68f. This last run the Borg took off at week 5. To manage the population I dropped the temp to 66f and sprayed home made habenaro spray that you can use all through flower up to the day you harvest. As far as running hotter it all depends on strain some can flourish some can't. Years ago a buddy gave me 3 clones my room was down and I have a back room with no a/c. I threw a Saturn 8 in there and a box fan. Average day time temp in there was 95f. They loved it. I've had the opposite happen also they hated it.

Doc G

Doc G

Just wanted say thank you to whom started this thread and everyone who has been contributing to this thread. Those who have helped me and many others with good advisement and knowledge wisdom. Without talking down on someone having negative energy making unnecessary statements, comments etc..

These thoughts just ran across my mind. I take notice because on another forum that i won't mention the name of, theres a lot of non-sense that goes on at times it can be entertaining some what but then it just gets ridiculous. To the point where when your really in need of help or you just want the opinions of others your questions go un-answered because of big ego's, jealousy, hatred and many other negative endeavors.

I believe this forum will be the one i direct most of my attention to from now on and share my knowledge wisdom and experiences with. So thank you! to all here, please stay humble.

And no I'm not drunk, nor medicated or in my feelings. Just speak straight from the gut on how i see and feel.

T

Tess

Just wanted say thank you to whom started this thread and everyone who has been contributing to this thread. Those who have helped me and many others with good advisement and knowledge wisdom. Without talking down on someone having negative energy making unnecessary statements, comments etc..

These thoughts just ran across my mind. I take notice because on another forum that i won't mention the name of, theres a lot of non-sense that goes on at times it can be entertaining some what but then it just gets ridiculous. To the point where when your really in need of help or you just want the opinions of others your questions go un-answered because of big ego's, jealousy, hatred and many other negative endeavors.

I believe this forum will be the one i direct most of my attention to from now on and share my knowledge wisdom and experiences with. So thank you! to all here, please stay humble.

And no I'm not drunk, nor medicated or in my feelings. Just speak straight from the gut on how i see and feel.
Off course I agree 110% with you, people must be spread kindness, harmony and respect for each other; there is no other way to achieve success in life! Our green medication is about a organic and natural healing, it's no space for greed or negativity!
I am just starting but, the main reason I chose to do that was exactly to scale of the negative vibration of the rest of the world!
I will join to you on the Thank you to all that participate in this thread so kindly!
Namaste !

Doc G

Doc G

whats up farmers I have a new room I'm setting up its 10.5 ft wide 32 ft long 6ft7 ceiling. I want to fully seal the room for smell so insulation and drywall on the walls and ceiling are a must for me. I'm planning om running 14k cool tube reflectors. What size ac do you guys recommend. I wanted to use a mini split. I also plan on exhausting the lights put the chimney. let me know what you guys would recommend I do. I want the building out to be smell proof. I will be flowering 72 plants off a 5 week veg.

@Mitgrower So......Everything good?

Whats the lab looking like Mg?!?!?!

I mean after all you... did start this shit lol and the blue prints sounds intriguing no lie.

Doc G

Doc G

You've got the right idea just not quite the propper order. You have 968 cubic feet of space in your grow room. Your scrubber could be rated for higher cfm's but the exhaust fan cant be less or the exact amount of cfm's as your grow space because the filter is going to reduce your fans cfm's by up to 20% if you underclock your fan wich would be almost inadequate for the volume youll reduce its effectiveness even more. I would recommend you get a filter rated for less volume, since you only have 968 cubic feet in your grow space you really dont need anything over 1000cfm then for your exhaust fan you can get that with a much higher rating, like you said 1500 cfm's for the fan will be good because the higher cfm's will compensate for the loss due to resistance from the scrubber and you can underclock it so it's not as noisy. There are some good duct silencers available also you could build a box to encapsulate the fan, this last option I've seen work great. Best of luck bro. PEACE!

Im just now seeing this reply, idk how i missed it but thanks. I will say i have never since 2009 heard of anyone going with a lower rated cfm for the carbon filter and a higher rated cfm for the fan. Im not trying to say your wrong at all or dispute what your saying.

This is just knew to me. And I'm scratching my head literally like damn so I've had it wrong all this time, and everyone else i know.

Doc G

Doc G

You've got the right idea just not quite the propper order. You have 968 cubic feet of space in your grow room. Your scrubber could be rated for higher cfm's but the exhaust fan cant be less or the exact amount of cfm's as your grow space because the filter is going to reduce your fans cfm's by up to 20% if you underclock your fan wich would be almost inadequate for the volume youll reduce its effectiveness even more. I would recommend you get a filter rated for less volume, since you only have 968 cubic feet in your grow space you really dont need anything over 1000cfm then for your exhaust fan you can get that with a much higher rating, like you said 1500 cfm's for the fan will be good because the higher cfm's will compensate for the loss due to resistance from the scrubber and you can underclock it so it's not as noisy. There are some good duct silencers available also you could build a box to encapsulate the fan, this last option I've seen work great. Best of luck bro. PEACE!

@1diesel1 @Tank707 and anyone thats been contributing or watching this thread, I want to hear your input on this?

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
@1diesel1 @Tank707 and anyone thats been contributing or watching this thread, I want to hear your input on this?
?
Im just now seeing this reply, idk how i missed it but thanks. I will say i have never since 2009 heard of anyone going with a lower rated cfm for the carbon filter and a higher rated cfm for the fan. Im not trying to say your wrong at all or dispute what your saying.

This is just knew to me. And I'm scratching my head literally like damn so I've had it wrong all this time, and everyone else i know.
? Bigger the fan the higher the volume. Match the recommendation the manufacturer suggest for your can.

Doc G

Doc G

?

? Bigger the fan the higher the volume. Match the recommendation the manufacturer suggest for your can.[/QU
Looks awesome! I'm framing my walls up now, pretty close to the same parameters. This thread has been pretty informative so I'm lurkin around.

Thanks its not finished... and thats not really picture... it's a screen shot of a video....

How long before your finished you think?

X.rm

X.rm

I like the DE room, yeah bro your exhaust fan is going to lose cfm's because of the resistance the charcoal is going to present plus the drag on the prefilter and what not. Its not a big deal if you use the manufacturers recommendation like 1 diesel 1 says, but if you go lower than recommended and add the drag you might not be scrubbing everything. But def. Follow manufacturers instructions. Once a buddy had a waaaay to powerful fan for his filter and it sucked the air through so fast the scrubber couldnt do its job. Best of luck to you.

X.rm

X.rm

Im rockin a 14" 1700 cfm max fan by can fan with a 12" flange 40" tall mountain air scrubber rated for 3600 cubic feet..... oh shit i get the confusion now bro. Yeah i can see what your saying before, my bad. The actual recommendation for that filter is 1400 cfm fan, im rockin 300 cfm above. Both are lower than the filter capacity. My bad bro. But i would still go a bit over the manufacturer suggestion. PEACE

MendoAdome

MendoAdome

Your going to need 1 CAN150 with a 12" max fan for every 4 1000w lights

Doc G

Doc G

Thanks my dude ill get it figured out eventually but ill probably do the same thing u did.. and go with around 300 above the suggested cfm rating.

The area over here it actually begins to reek at night around this time of the year going into the fall. So it won't kill me but still i just want to have it anyway .

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
If you want quiet then go with at least a 12" fan. The bigger you go the quieter they get

Homesteader

Homesteader

I am a little confused. I'snt this thread about sealed rooms? So why have an exhaust? One carbon and one HEPA? .

Top Bottom